Oak Ridge's Bruce Lussier should resign

Beagleboy

I think its time that Bruce do the right thing and resign. The once proud Oak Ridge program has fallen to new depths after losing Friday night to a 3A school. Anderson County wasn't that much better but they were much more prepared. AC knew what Oak Ridge was going to do on almost every play. They took away the passing game but Gray and company never saw that. Over 100 yards of penalties and at least three turnovers because of a lack of focus point to one thing. They were not ready to play. That is Lussier's job and he failed. Oak Ridge has now lost three straight games and I think its time that a change is made. I know that the school staff won't make a change after one game but I think if Lussier cares about his legacy ( the only thing he does care about) then he should step down. The fans will not support him after last night and without the money football brings into the school the other sports are going to suffer. I call upon all parents and fans of the other sports to let Mr. Green know that you are concerned and that he should make a change if Lussier isn't man enough to.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me point out a few reasons why Coach Lussier will not resign.

The gate last night was tremendous, thus there is no immediate money concern. Anderson Co. brought a lot of fan support which offset the number of no-show Oak Ridge supporters.

Coach Lussier does not see the loss as a coaching problem.

Bobbi won't let him resign. It is too big of a status symbol to be the Head Coach of Oak Ridge football.

AND... NO ONE wants to admit that there is the slightest chance that the Catpack was right!

I wonder where the Catpack is now?

Fear not ohreally! the whole world is watching and so is the C A T P A C K....

C-ommunity

A-gainst

T-he

P-athetic

A-thletic

C-oaching

Losing to a 3a school is not Oak Ridge Football...It is Loser football.

Be a man LOSER and resign!

Posted by ohreally:

Let me point out a few reasons why Coach Lussier will not resign.

The gate last night was tremendous, thus there is no immediate money concern. Anderson Co. brought a lot of fan support which offset the number of no-show Oak Ridge supporters.

Coach Lussier does not see the loss as a coaching problem.

Bobbi won't let him resign. It is too big of a status symbol to be the Head Coach of Oak Ridge football.

AND... NO ONE wants to admit that there is the slightest chance that the Catpack was right!

I wonder where the Catpack is now?

Does Oak Ridge have the athletes that they once did? I know that some of the higher paying government jobs have been eliminated over the years. What is the population of the city of Oak Ridge? What is the pay scale of the head football coach and his assistant coaches?

Can't you guys at least wait until week 5 or 6 before you start doing this to your team and coaching staff? Who in the world would you hire to take his place during this part of the season? You have from November until July to talk this kind of trash (even if it is true). You simply can't imagine how this destroys a team's season... think of the seniors and allow them to finish their season before you start this crap.

I agree with you all the way. The fans need to let the season pass and then post all the crap. Just let the kids play then post the crap. By the way Spencer Gulmire played like a WILDCAT should play.:)

Posted by ELA:

Can't you guys at least wait until week 5 or 6 before you start doing this to your team and coaching staff? Who in the world would you hire to take his place during this part of the season? You have from November until July to talk this kind of trash (even if it is true). You simply can't imagine how this destroys a team's season... think of the seniors and allow them to finish their season before you start this crap.

:):)

Is this the kind of thread this site really needs?

I know how passionate OR supporters are(as well as others), but gee!

I mean even if they made a change, it would not be likely to make a dramatic change at this point. Who would you guys blame then?

Oak Ridge is going through a tough time right now. I really doubt it is ALL because of the coaching, or one specific coach for that matter.

Some of you might have seen so many people bad mouthing Beech's head coach, Roger Holmes, over the off-season. Well he left for Georgia, and you know what? They still lost their first game! So I guess Holmes didn't have anything to do with it, huh?

Oak Ridge fans aren't used to losing, I understand that. But they shouldn't get used to whining either. It just makes the rest of us disrespect you.

If people don't scream for your job on a web site, then why should you do it to them?

I agree. This is neither the time or the place to call for a coach to resign. It is a waste of time to suggest resignation because it ain't gonna happen.

The whole Oak Ridge football saga will work itself out. Opinions posted on this site mean nothing... they are only opinions. But, thank God we have the right to post our opinions. Thanks to coacht.com we have the format.

just1np, I was interested in your line of thinking when you said, "If people don't scream for your job on a web site, then why should you do it to them?"

What are you trying to say? Most jobs are not performed in the public eye where every move is closely scrutinized. My little job means nothing to anyone but me. No one except my boss and my clients care what I do or how I do it... they just want the job done right!

But, for those individuals who work in the public eye they have to take the bad with the good. Politicians, public officials, and coaches are always going to be blamed when things aren't going well. There will be no public outcry when the boy forgets to put fries in your bag at MacDonalds. But, let a coach make a mistake and we will have the immediate cry, "Off with his head!" That's the way it is.

[Edited by ohreally on 8-31-02 4:18P]

I'm glad somebody else sees things this way! Look... football is all about the boys! I don't know a DARN thing about Oak Ridge football except they have a proud history and tradition of quality football! BUT, I'm sure you have some great senior athletes who deserve to finish their senior season without these DARN distractions. As a football coach who has worked with teams loaded with talent and younger teams who lacked experience, you have to understand that you play each season from JULY - NOVEMBER and after the playoffs, you make the changes necessary to effect the following year. It's never time to switch generals in the middle of the WAR! Talk all you want after the season, but let these boys have their year, for better or worse! :)

ELA and co. a movement started last november when the season was prematurely over. It did not start this week.

The powers at be would not listen then...they are new now.

The problem for Oak Ridge IS THE COACHING 12 months a year. So look at this outcry as an early start for next year.

This is all about the kids.