Greenville forfeits for in school incident

DZbettin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To join the fray . . .

I will personally support, stand by and encourage any administration that establishes and enforces any rules, boundaries and common decency. Harsh - without a doubt. I will add, I know only part of the story, that is, if what I read here is true. I suspect that the whole school got the message, though didn't basically the same thing happen to the G'ville QB?!?! If so, then maybe it is not as harsh - but I am from the outside and know very little. That kind discipline is greatly needed at CCHS. I am sorry for Nicole and any other senior (and Coach Duncan and the Sr. boys) b/c they will pay the biggest price - no way to play for a district championship. I will say, since last summer when I watched Mo West scrimmage and definitely since they beat us the first time, I sensed that our season would really be decided in one big game - tonight's game against G'ville. Our girls, while not playing well of late, were anticipating this game. I'm sorry it won't happen, it would have been a great game in a great atmosphere - not sure about how high the level of basketball it would have been - but it would have been a great game.

I hope that the GHS administration will go one step further and make a major financial contribution from their athletic fund to the IMAC. The loss of the CCHS/GHS game is a financial blow to the conference b/c those two teams travel the best.

G'ville seasons is far from over, especially with DB out of the picture. On the road at SC or SE or home to TN or SH? As someone earlier posted, maybe a 3 seed is better than 2 - BUT you still have to play the games. Which lead me to . . . .

An open letter to Jeff Co.

Tonight you have an opportunity that very few in our state will have and very very few have in their entire high school career. You have the opportunity to play in a game that matters in the tournament against the #1 rated team in the state on your home court.

Two years ago, G'ville, rated by AP as No 1, came to the Hen House for a semifinal district game against the Lady Red. We were a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. The house was rockin and we had the lead in the 4th q, then G'ville showed why they were No. 1 and drained some big shots. We lost by 1 with a shot at the end and didn't get that call at the end. Amazingly, after that loss, we were actually rated No 10 the next week. That game in the evolution of this team is a big marker - we realized that we could be very good - we have won 42 games since that night.

Jeff - tonight is your night. Mo. West is heavily favored in our district, will battle TN High for a region title and battle Oak Ridge for the best in East Tennessee. But tonight, on your court is your night. Go watch your movie of choice Miracle on Ice, Remember the Titans. If back to back 3's will fall in the last 20 seconds, then why not tonight!

Your just creating false hope for Jefferson. They have some great players and as young as they are, they will be in the mix for the next couple of years, but West is way too good for them to even come close to tonight. No amount of motivation, movies, or misssions will help as West is as determined to make a strong run as any team I have seen in a long time. West by 15!

Take it elsewhere folks. We have enjoyed a civil IMAC thread all season. Exchanging info and being fans have been the heart of this thread. Mud Slinging belongs elswhere.

I second this motion...

If you want to continue any kind of assault on any coach, start a new thread. That way you can get shut down quickly.

I think we all have heard enough about the situation, and everyone's opinion on it. Let's get back to what is happening on the court this weekend....

Jeff fights the good fight tonight, but alas they will not have enough weapons in their possesion...

Im glad you started the new thread. Maybe we can pull the Greeneville folks over here and stop our beloved IMAC thread from being shutdown!

Well,its here for that and if they want a thread to get shut down instead of wiping out the IMAC basketball, just get on here and someone will do it. The event happened and I wouldn't be surprised if the investigation continues as more information comes out. At first, it sounded very mild but with all of the posting going on, mild is not the word. You can bet that someone with the TSSAA is monitoring this subject on these two threads. So Cool it.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have to agree with the post of hoops. I think it is sad that these teams have worked hard and are punished for the actions of girls on the jv team. Come on they are teenagers and I really don't blame them for not breaking up the fight because someway it than becomes your own fight with those fighting the the administration. Stroud is bias. She should be asking where was the supervision in the locker room for this to have happened. Stroud has not issued equal punishment because if she had the devil's football team would have had a totally different outcome. SO, SHAME OF ALL THE ADULTS THAT MADE THE BAD DECISIONS!!!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

How would the football team had a totally different outcome? Mrs Stoud wasn't there when the same situation happened in the football locker in the OFF SEASON. She runs a tight ship and if you don't like it then sorry for you. She didn't keep Short or Loyde from playing in the guys game that came from central office. True leaders don't let teammates fight, I've been there and had to stop conflicts many times before so i'm not saying i totally agree with the decision but i respect what she did.

I have to agree with the post of hoops. I think it is sad that these teams have worked hard and are punished for the actions of girls on the jv team. Come on they are teenagers and I really don't blame them for not breaking up the fight because someway it than becomes your own fight with those fighting the the administration. Stroud is bias. She should be asking where was the supervision in the locker room for this to have happened. Stroud has not issued equal punishment because if she had the devil's football team would have had a totally different outcome. SO, SHAME OF ALL THE ADULTS THAT MADE THE BAD DECISIONS!!!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

When do we as adults set the standards for our teenagers fo follow. That is always the excuse "they are just teenagers"! It is time for our teenagers to step up and make some decisions based on right and wrong. That was wrong to watch your team mates fighting in the lockerroom! They were smart enough to video and know how to put it on utube. So when do we hold them accountable to make the right decision? It is nice to see an adminstration step up and do the right thing. Someone needs to get the message across to teenagers that everything they do is not fine!! There are always consequences for our actions!! Where were their team captains?

When do we as adults set the standards for our teenagers fo follow. That is always the excuse "they are just teenagers"! It is time for our teenagers to step up and make some decisions based on right and wrong. That was wrong to watch your team mates fighting in the lockerroom! They were smart enough to video and know how to put it on utube. So when do we hold them accountable to make the right decision? It is nice to see an adminstration step up and do the right thing. Someone needs to get the message across to teenagers that everything they do is not fine!! There are always consequences for our actions!! Where were their team captains?

This really does explain why kids are behaving badly. If the adults are not setting the standards, not wonder there is so much trouble!!!!!

How would the football team had a totally different outcome? Mrs Stoud wasn't there when the same situation happened in the football locker in the OFF SEASON. She runs a tight ship and if you don't like it then sorry for you. She didn't keep Short or Loyde from playing in the guys game that came from central office. True leaders don't let teammates fight, I've been there and had to stop conflicts many times before so i'm not saying i totally agree with the decision but i respect what she did.

Regardless of who was there, someone has to keep up what is fair and balanced!