DC and Northside

1brutalchoctaw

This is off-topic, but I got the priveledge of watching Lester Hudson from UTM play tonight for the first time. He is soon to be heading pro and is absolutely AWESOME! UTM also won their first OVC title in school history. Congrats to them! As for the drive home, it took me two and a half hours to drive from Martin to Trenton to drop someone off and then from Trenton to Dyer, lol. It was a heck of a drive!

I went with Barksdale to watch a game at Tennessee State a few weeks back and it was my first time to see him. He put up 34 on something ridiculous like 14 of 17 from the field, 5 assists (3 behind the back passes in traffic) and 5 or so boards. Without a doubt a man among boys. Anybody who missed seeing him play missed something special.

DC by the closest of margins.

GO BLUE DEVILS!!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be a good one for sure. I like DC's chances. For one reason they have played at Gibson County a few times and NorthSide has not. If you have not played at a certain place, it could be alittle different and get your timming off. Most teams adjust, so we will see how it goes. I also think we have a stronger bench than NorthSide. They go 8 deep, DC goes 12 deep, this could be a big factor in the third and forth quarter. Fresh legs in the 2nd half is a big factor in my opinion. NorthSide has a taller team than us, but that has not bothered us in the past. Should be an interesting game. "GO BIG ORANGE"

Have Prather slack off???? lol, that's pretty funny. It may look like he's just slacking because he's making it look so easy. The key ingredient for DC is to find out how to frustrate him...... and I saw the exact way the other night against Milan.

This is off-topic, but I got the priveledge of watching Lester Hudson from UTM play tonight for the first time. He is soon to be heading pro and is absolutely AWESOME! UTM also won their first OVC title in school history. Congrats to them! As for the drive home, it took me two and a half hours to drive from Martin to Trenton to drop someone off and then from Trenton to Dyer, lol. It was a heck of a drive!

You saw him last night and he had a bad shooting night...

What did you think of Marquis Weddle??...30 points for the former Union City Mr. Basketball.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This game will be a good one for sure. I like DC's chances. For one reason they have played at Gibson County a few times and NorthSide has not. If you have not played at a certain place, it could be alittle different and get your timming off. Most teams adjust, so we will see how it goes. I also think we have a stronger bench than NorthSide. They go 8 deep, DC goes 12 deep, this could be a big factor in the third and forth quarter. Fresh legs in the 2nd half is a big factor in my opinion. NorthSide has a taller team than us, but that has not bothered us in the past. Should be an interesting game. "GO BIG ORANGE"

Have been told that McCord has not used his bench as much the last few games. Is that correct? If so, any idea why he would be changing now?

Have Prather slack off???? lol, that's pretty funny. It may look like he's just slacking because he's making it look so easy. The key ingredient for DC is to find out how to frustrate him...... and I saw the exact way the other night against Milan.

Considering he is their best player and the coach does not want him in foul trouble....yeah GC that can make perfect sense. Ever seen a team where another player will step in and draw a foul before letting their top scorer, blocker and rebounder get in foul trouble???????? Or show some slack in the first half...to be able to play the entire 2nd half???? I have.....more than once. No doubt Prather can defend and I certainly wasn't saying he couldn't.... my God he is one of the best players in TN and is nationally ranked. I for one am excited to see him play...even though it is against us. I like watching talent regardless where they come from or what school they are at.

Region 7AA tournaments are canceled as well as the 7A tournaments ... It's supposed to be bad tonight... 2-4 inches of snow

Try 2-19 inches . . .

Some of the deepest accumulations include:

Maury City- 18.5", Jackson 12.5", Ripley 10", Hayti, Mo- 16", Blytheville-12", Atoka- 12.4"

The NWS really missed this one, but ANYWAY back to basketball!

Try 2-19 inches . . .

Some of the deepest accumulations include:

Maury City- 18.5", Jackson 12.5", Ripley 10", Hayti, Mo- 16", Blytheville-12", Atoka- 12.4"

The NWS really missed this one, but ANYWAY back to basketball!

No kidding....my 7yr. old is down stairs trying on her snowpants from last year......woke up at 7 ready to run out the door /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I'm gonna get cold today /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . Roads look like crap here.

GC you are exactly right about Hudson...He is that good. I saw him in junior college, saw him twice this year, plus watched him go virtually unstoppable last summer in the Memphis basketball tournament with guys lke Thad Young, Penny, Burks, Lorenzen Wright and other Memphis college players playing...anyway Prather will not be frustrated. If he got 30 an 20 last game I believe he up that a little bit

I saw Dyer County for the first time friday night against Hawood County. Have'nt seen Northside, heard alot about the prather kid. I have heard he is being recruited by several ACC schools including, NORTH CAROLINA. I will say this, DC will have to rebound and shoot free throw's better. Because Haywood does not have the size NS has. And they were all over the boards. So should be a good one in GC. GO TARHEELS!!!!!!

DC got their 'Ugly' game out of their way against Haywood !!! one game at a time ' orange' !!

GGO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

adsmom, if Prather wants a chance to go to Murfreesboro, there ain't going to be no slacking off from him. I still find that post pretty funny.

Lester finished with 27 last night and had an awesome alley-oop pass. He drove to the free throw line, lobbed it up to one of the post players going baseline, the dude caught it left handed, cocked it back and through it down. The dude even pulled his groin muscle on the dunk and missed the rest of the game, lol. It was great. People's last chance to see him in person @ UTM will be Tuesday in the 1st round of OVC Tourn. against Tenn. Tech. If they win that they're off to Nashville to the Sommet Center. Barksdale told me with that win, UTM is automatically in the NIT tournament and if they win the OVC tournament they're headed to the NCAA tournament.

Don`t want to start another hate thread, so please don`t respond in that manner. Actually the refs have stunk it up pretty bad this year, not only for DC but they don`t like DC and don`t mind anyone knowing. Sounds familiar uh? That`s just crazy.

Should be a really good game. Still think it comes down to DC hitting the freebies because they will be driving the lanes. How many pts and steals has Prather averaged this year per game?

[/quo

The times I have seen him this year I havent saw him get many steals but pts is a different thing . All of there O goes around him he puts up a lot of there baskets and not just with the ball in his hands but getting offensive rebounds and put backs!