Lake Co vs Oliver Springs

mrbigster

I was really impressed with Kayla Christopher, she made great passes and did a great job of getting her team mates involved in the game. She is a winner and that should be the ultimate goal not scoring 40 points and losing. She will do well at the next level and is fun to watch. I watched her as a Sophmore and I knew she was special and carried her team to the championship game then. I think she will win Miss Basketball and rightfully so.

As for TT, you have got to remember she is freshman. She won MVP in one of the hardest regions in Tennessee. TT gets out of control at times because she wants to win so bad as evidenced by her two quick fouls in the first minute of the game. TT had a great game on the big stage but didnt have alot of help. #3 made some big shots but as a team Lake County missed a bunch of easy shots. I couldnt believe that Lake County was still in the game, 19-15 at half after playing so bad the first half. Even though Lake County lost, they can build on this year. Alot of good experience for a young group of girls, they will be back to Murfreesboro.

It is unfair to compare TT and KC right now, KC has done great things over 3-4 years, TT has done big things one year.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any kid that can score on the big stage as a Freshman has certainly got a terrific future ahead of her. Careful in your comparisons though, which player's team won the game? And why? KC drew the brunt of Lake County's Defensive attention throughout the game. I believe she handled what was in front of her very well (only 1 turnover, 4 assists, 11 points on only five shots /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ) It appears she was able to give a half-hearted effort to score, since the defense was designed to shut her down.........she valued her possessions and created effective opportunities for her teammates. Need I remind you she was only 1 three point shot from being her teams leading scorer. Flowers wasn't nearly as effective in distribution and she took way more shots. Of course this is all apples and oranges, but if you asked me....I'd say KC is way more happy than TT right now, because her team won. (Isn't that what your trying to accomplish? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ) I bet everyone that wants to see the full package of KC needs to get a seat for the OS - Clarkrange game. She knows she is going to have to bring it all if the Lady Bobcats want to win!

Kazzy

Also hat's off to OS for their game plan. They refused to run with Lake County. When they beat the press, they backed it out and they also slowed it down when they came up with steals, etc. They pobably could have gotten some easy baskets here and there, but that might have made the game more of a track meet and they felt the only way Lake County could win was in a track meet.

OS also showed a lot of patience on offense. They took only 34 shots on the day, but I can't remember any bad shots. They waited on the LC defense to make mistakes in their roatation out of the double team and when that happened they pounced. Whether it was leaving Kelsey open a couple of times for open jumpers on the perimenter or whether it was not rotating down and covering the back side post and leaving Ollis and Co. open inside. When they did rotate quickly, OS didn't force anything and simply kept running their offense until they found an open shot.

I'm sure the game plan will turn into pushing the tempo against Clarkrange. Clarkrange has a lot of size and I think a halfcourt game favos the Lady Buffaloes.

A lot of people will see the 11 points and figure Kayla didn't have much of an impact, but she had a huge impact. Lake County elected to double team her every time she got the ball, which left other players open and they knocked down those shots. Kayla also had just one turnover against the constant double teams.

Lake County's coach said after the game that he wasn't going to let Kayla single-handedly beat them and she didn't. But like so many people have said this week, there are a lot of horses in Oliver Springs' stables.

I thought Lake County played hard, just didn't shoot very well. Probably had a lot to do with the big game atmosphere.

I did like the Flowers girl. She has tremendous quickness and strength to finish. If she develops into a shooter she will be deadly. Oliver Springs sagged off her today for 3 1/2 quarters and she was 5-14 from the floor. When Oliver Springs extended their defense more at the end to take away three-point attempts, she drove the lane at will and went 4-5 from the floor in the final four minutes. When she becomes a more consistent shooter, teams won't be able to sag off her and you'll see teams double teaming her all the time like they do Christopher. She has a chance to be a great one.

They did not really pressure KC. They backed off and let her dribble outside and gave her vision of the whole floor. They where crouched down to keep her from driving and did not force her out of the offense, they let her run and dictate the offense. KC played a very good team game, she made the passes and her teammates made the plays. Did what she was allowed to do and needed to do to win the game.

As for T.T. she forced way to much at times, a couple of 3's from way too far out. She is too good at penetrating to be jacking up shots from way out there. When she penetrates and it is not there, she should pull it back out or kick. Her age showed in her discipline, but she is going to be one heck of a player, really enjoy watching her. She had no post help at all, they bounced balls off the bottom of the backboard and threw them over the backboard. You could tell that they definitely was shaken. 3 played very well and helped out, but if T.T. had the help K.C. had the game would have been much different.

Congrats to OS see you Friday! Go Buffaloes!!!!

Congrats to Oliver Springs on their win..Good luck the rest of the tournament..I'm glad T.T. got to show her potential on the big stage..Not too bad for someone that is just 13 years old..I believe Carnation Hart,another freshman had about 10 points and junior Mariah Matthews hit about 5 three point shots coming off the bench..Just not enough help from some of the other girls..Lake Co should be back hopefully in the future with them only losing two seniors that started..Matthews should fill one of the spots and is probably Lake Co's best shooter now..

Lake Co has capable players on their bench in Phelps and April Mendez,both played a little yesterday and more than likely the older Mendez girl that played a lot last year will be back..She's a speedster as well..And they have a couple promising players coming up from the middle school next year,one has a chance to even start..And another player at the middle school thats a 7th grader,named Yancey..looks to be as fast as Flowers at that age..So the future looks bright for the Lady Falcons..Again ..Congrats to Oliver Springs..!

This whole thing of comparing a player like TT flowers from an undisciplined Lake County team vs. Kayla Christopher is ridiculous.

In being blunt, Lake County NEVER threatened Oliver Springs. The Lady Bobcats were in control of the game and never seriously challenged. Lake County plays a very undisciplined game of basketball and quite frankly I don't see them as ever being a contender for the state championship when facing the Clarkranges, OS's, Jackson County's, and so forth.

OS comes from a different brand of basketball. OS plays JC, Clarkrange, Knox Webb, and teams like this in the regualr season OOC. It's rather obvious this was Lake County's first trip in a big time game. Their posters are acting like it with some of their comments.

Comparing Flowers who plays an undiscipled game of basketball to a player of KC's ability and pedigree is reidiculous - especially when stating FLowers is better than KC.

It speaks lowly of the LC fans basketball IQ.

Dang! Must have touched a nerve there! KC as a SENIOR is definitely the more complete basketball player. However, the player with more upside is the Flowers girl! So she scored half her points when they extended their defense....she scored the other half when OS was sagging! KC only scored half her points from the floor....if im not mistaken she scored the other half from the line. What difference does it make. The points TT scored late were not O by the way points....a steal here and another made basket or so there and its tied....LC lost the game bc of 3 things....1. missed easy shots bout 5 or six 2. missed defensive assingments 3. missed rebounds

The Flowers girl came to play and did so on the biggest stage... KC was tryin to get hers but also was handled very well defensively by Kinney who did a fabulous job.....bet KC hadnt been guarded by someone as quick this bball season....In the single A games I saw no one as quick or talented as TT.....KC was the closest!

Congrats to OS and GOOD LUCK!

sbl

Wow. What a statement. Obviously Lake County is new to big time basketball or you would never make this comment.

It's obvious you know nothing about KC and her past accomplishments. Let's be honest. If KC felt LC was capable of beating OS during the game she would have taken over.

KC scored 40 points against Knox Webb this year. Webb has a UT signee, CUSA signee, and other college prospects.

Also, KC scored 36 points against Knox Webb last year when they had Glory Johnson ( UT), Faith Dupree ( UT), Rice commit ( CUSA), and other prospects.

To go on record and attempt to say some LC player who is foreign to big time basketball is better than KC in any capacity is utterly foolish.

I suggest logging onto ESPN.com and checking out some recruiting rankings.

When the Flowers kid makes all state 3 years ( 2 of which will be as one of the top 5 players in TN regardless of classification), is a Miss basketball finalist 2 years, most likely winner as KC will be this year, and is named West TN Sophomore of the year ( KC was Knoxville area sophomore of the year), and most importantly when Flowers is recruited by top 10 college teams, then maybe you can log back on and we can debate this topic.

Also, when Flowers plays on an AAU team that wins the national championship then that could help too.

Flowers had a good game, but let's not even mention her in the same breath as KC- because she's not.

Your IQ in general is low.....learn to spell! If you think being an athlete means undisciplined your badly mistaken! We will see in years to come. While KC plays at UT Chatt and TT plays BIG TIME DI in a few years.. Done talking to stupid people!

sbl

PS your brain is undisciplined!

This whole thing of comparing a player like TT flowers from an undisciplined Lake County team vs. Kayla Christopher is ridiculous.

In being blunt, Lake County NEVER threatened Oliver Springs. The Lady Bobcats were in control of the game and never seriously challenged. Lake County plays a very undisciplined game of basketball and quite frankly I don't see them as ever being a contender for the state championship when facing the Clarkranges, OS's, Jackson County's, and so forth.

OS comes from a different brand of basketball. OS plays JC, Clarkrange, Knox Webb, and teams like this in the regualr season OOC. It's rather obvious this was Lake County's first trip in a big time game. Their posters are acting like it with some of their comments.

Comparing Flowers who plays an undiscipled game of basketball to a player of KC's ability and pedigree is reidiculous - especially when stating FLowers is better than KC.

It speaks lowly of the LC fans basketball IQ.

You've got to be kidding. Lake County double teamed KC every time she touched the ball. They knew she'd score 40 on them if they tried to play her straight up. Plus TT was a bricklayer for most of the game. She finally hit a few layups at the end when OS knew the game was in hand, but she couldn't throw it in the ocean when the game was on the line.

Your IQ in general is low.....learn to spell! If you think being an athlete means undisciplined your badly mistaken! We will see in years to come. While KC plays at UT Chatt and TT plays BIG TIME DI in a few years.. Done talking to stupid people!

sbl

PS your brain is undisciplined!

I love it when people bring up spelling and grammar, and then make a mistake themselves!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Might want to check that bold word for a grammar error. I think you meant you're as in you are. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

UT Chattanooga- you have got to be kidding me, yea we hear alot about that dominating womens basketball program don't we. To bad she signed there, I hear Roane State CC has a few scholarships left. She can't play D-1 ball, no way. I don't care about LC double teaming her, Kinney shut her down all by herself for most of the game. Christopher is good but SHE AIN'T ALL THAT!