Temple Dynasty!

TempleTrue

In all fairness to Jeremy Sexton concerning the negative comment that was made about him, Coach Marcum was quoted in a Times Free Press article saying that he asked Jeremy to take a different role this year than last year, a role that involved the rest of the team scoring more points per game, increased Sextons' other stats, and taking a lot of pressure off his shoulders. Temple's overall record is much better this year than last year. I would be careful about judging too harshly... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness to Jeremy Sexton concerning the negative comment that was made about him, Coach Marcum was quoted in a Times Free Press article saying that he asked Jeremy to take a different role this year than last year, a role that involved the rest of the team scoring more points per game, increased Sextons' other stats, and taking a lot of pressure off his shoulders. Temple's overall record is much better this year than last year. I would be careful about judging too harshly... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i think temple is better this year, but i dont see whats different about sextons role it looks the same to me they just got a little older and kemp is shooting better than last year.

Franklin waxed Temple at the Battle of the State!

Id be willing to bet you if franklin played temple now on a neutral court that doesnt have red necks yelling at you when your warming up or taking the ball up, and not touching the players during the game im pretty sure temple would win at least 10. And for franklin to be such a very big team height wise those boys can move. Just a compliment they did play a very good game but let franklin travel to temple and play temple saw it as a vaction more then a business trip.

I wish Union City had been 1A since 2000.......

I wish Union City's district/region was as weak as Temple's.....

I wish it was as easy to get to Murfreesboro for Union City as it is for Temple.......

That being said, what Temple has done is impressive for where they play and who they play....

Put Temple thru the West Tn gauntlet...Not talking about random one time/one year meetings...I'm talking home and homes then district and region match-ups...As many as four times against the Humboldts, Union Citys, Lake Countys, and earlier in this decade the Middletons and Peabodys not to mention Manassas the last two years..Temple's numbers would be far less gaudy....

It is what it is....

Just to say temples jeremy sexton and jarrod johnson could start at any team in the west expecially union city after having 33 points on them in the boro last year who can stop him not even mr. basketball himself could do it.

I know but I don't even concern myself with the private school thing...They are what they are...We are what we are....

which is on coacht.com bringing down a temple team with only 120 students from 6th grade through 12th, and a team that is going to state. when your team is obviously be watching tehe state tournament so ease off

Since Temple started the 2000 season they have been absolutely incredible. Not sure if any team at any division has dominated or been as consistently good as they have been for the last 8 years. Regardless of the outcome of the state tourny in the next couple weeks- I don't think any team has the resume that this school has check it out...

3 Gold Balls

7 State Tournament Appearances

3 State Tourney MVP

4 Mr. Basketball Finalists

1 Mr. Basketball

20+ wins every year in the new Millennium

259-51 W/L since 2000 -That alone is amazing

6 Region Tourny Championships

6 District Tourny Championships

10-3 record at State Tournament...so far...

Pretty impressive...something tells me that this year is it for Temple, after this season disintegration of that school and team begins, so just wanted to congratulate all involved in the building and sustaining of such a dominate program...

That's a nice run and all, but I would think that sustaining the program would mean that the program would continue to a power for more than just 10 years. No offense, great run for sure. But if it's coming to an end as you seem to imply, then I wouldn't say they've sustained a whole lot.

Just to say temples jeremy sexton and jarrod johnson could start at any team in the west expecially union city after having 33 points on them in the boro last year who can stop him not even mr. basketball himself could do it.

Sexton, yes most teams over here he would start for...Johnson, no...

oh my word...they are a single a team....they have dominated there division...more than any other team in the state has dominated for the last 10 years...that was the point...

eyeonyou...the point is that for the last 10 years they have dominated...not for all eternity...

As a basketball fan first and foremost, I want to say it has been a pleasure watching the Temple teams over the years (at the state tourney is the only time I get to see them). If you are a neutral fan and enjoy watching good basketball, you can't help but be a fan of these teams. I'll agree with most of what Purple & Gold has said. If Temple played in Union City's district, they likely would not have made it to state all of the years they have (this year, for example), and yes Union City would've been at the tourney every year like Temple if they played where they did. I will agree that it's hard to compare win percentages and state tourney trips; however, there is one thing no one can dispute...GOLD BALLS. Temple has proven they are a powerhouse over this run by winning it all. I want to say congrats to them, and if they are going to be down the next few years, I will miss seeing them. I am looking forward to Sexton going off at the tourney and would love to see UT-Martin land him, so I can see him more in the future.