Big News from AC

futbolfan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE STORY IS TRUE I HEARD IT YESTERDAY, FROM A SCHOOL OFFICIAL, THAT I HAVE PRETTY GOOD CONNECTIONS WITH. I PLAYED TWO YEARS FOR KERR, AND EVEN THOUGH ME AND HIM HAD OUR DIFFICULTIES, AND OR DISAGREEMENTS, FROM THEN AND TWO OR THREE ARGUMENTS THIS PAST YEAR, NO MATTER HOW WELL YOU LIKE HIM, OR YOU CANT STAND HIM, YOU CANT KNOCK WHAT HE HAS DONE AT AC. I KNOW HE HAS THE RUMOR OF BEING A RECRUITER, I WILL TELL YOU PERSONALLY THAT WHEN ME AND BOTH PRICE TWINS CAME TO AC, HE NEVER ONCE RECRUITED US WE LEFT CAMPBELL COUNTY, BECAUSE WE WANTED TO! SO DEVILS DEN, OR WHAT EVER YOUR NAME IS, SHUT THE heck UP! MAYBE YOU NEED HIM BK AT THAT PIECE OF CRAP HALLS HIGHSCHOOL, YOU HAVENT DONE CRAP SINCE HE HAS LEFT! I PERSONALLY AM GLAD THAT KERR IS GONE, BC ANYBODY THAT HAS WATCHED AC FOOTBALL KNOWS, THAT WITH ALL THE TALLENT THAT HAS COME THROUGH THERE HE COULD HAVE AT LEAST 5 OR MAYBE 6 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, HIS TIME HAS PASSED, I TRUELY AGREE WITH ANYBODY THAT SAYS THAT, HE DID BRING AC FOOTBALL TO BE KNOWN AS A RESPECTABLE TEAM YR IN AND YR OUT, AND FOR THE MOST PART HE RAN A CLEAN PROGRAM, OTHER THAN THAT ONE YR, WHEN A KID (WHOSE BROTHER PLAYS AT AC RIGHT KNOW ) WENT TO LIVE WITH HIS DAD IN CAMPBELL COUNTY, BEFORE THE SCHOOL YR STARTED, AND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE 3 WK OF FOOTBALL SEASON, HIS MOM GOT FULL CUSTODY, AND WHEN HE PLAYED AT AC HE WAS DEMMED INELIGABLE, THAT BS IF YOU ASK ME, BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS, SO THE ONE TIME HE DID GET IN TROUBLE, IT WASNT EVEN HIS FAULT. NOW AS FAR AS THE NEXT HEAD COACH AT AC HERES SOME NAMES, AND WHY AND WHY NOT THEY MAY OR MAY NOT GET THE JOB! 1ST: JUSTIN PRICE, HE WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED AS AN AC GREAT, HE IS THE O-CORD RIGHT NOW, AND HE IS AN UP AND COMING COACH, AND ALOT OF THE KIDS LIKE HIM, WHY HE WONT GET IT INEXPERIANCE, THAT THE ONLY THING, SO STAY TUNED! 2ND: TODD SAMPLES, AND FROM WHAT I HEAR THE FRONT RUNNER, AS OF RIGHT NOW, HE IS YOUNG ALSO, HE IS ENERGTIC, AND HAS CHARISMA, HE IS THE O- LINE COACH RIGHT NOW, BUT FROM A LIL BIRDIE MR. DEAL LIKE HIM REALLY WELL, IN MY MIND HE IS THE NXT COACH, WHY HE WONT GET, JUST LIKE JP EXPERIANCE, ONLY THING THAT HURTS HIM! 3RD: TONY LAMBERT, DNT NEED TO SAY MUCH HEAR, EVERY ONE WISHES HE WAS HERE NOW, HE AND DEAL ARE REAL GOOD FRIENDS, AND THIS YR, AT HIS 4TH ROUND PLAYOFF GAME HIS YOUNGEST SON TOLD ME RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM AND HIS WIFE, THAT HE WANTS TO PLAY FB AT AC! WHY HE WONT GET IT, HIS FATHER IN LAW IS THE MAYOR OF THE TOWN HE WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY BOUT HAVING A JOB, AND HE HAS JUST STARTED, I DO KNOW, THAT HE STILL HAS ALL HIS AC STUFF STILL STORED, HE WILL BE A SERIOUS CANIDATE, PERSONALLY THATS WHO I WANT HERE! 4TH: DONT LET THIS SUPRISE YOU MARYVILLE FANS, BUT TWO YEARS AGO WHEN KERR THOUGHT BOUGHT RETIRING, THE NAME THAT KEPT COMING UP WAS JIMMY GAYLOR, HE WANTS TO BE A HEAD COACH AGAIN, FROM WHAT IV HEARD, DNT KNOW IF HE BE INTERESTED NOW OR NOT, BUT DONT BE SUPRISED, IF THAT NAME SURFACES UP A TIME OR TWO. I WILL SAY THIS I WISH KERR AND HIS FAM, NUTTIN BUT THE BEST, AND YOU DNT HAVE TO LEAVE, BUT YOU GOT TO GET THE heck UP OUTTA HERE!

I remember the excitement that Coach Kerr brought to AC football when he returned in 1993. I remember how in his second year AC went to the third round of the state playoffs. I remember how AC went to the second round in 95 and to the semis in 96. How the 96 team ended the then longest high school winning streak in the country of 54 games by beating Cleveland in the quarterfinals 31-7. I remember the 2001 team that went the quarterfinals. I remember the 2001-2003 teams that went 30-7. The last two teams he coached went to the 2nd round of the playoffs. He had an undefeated regular season team at Lake City High School in 1980. He won a AAA state championship at Halls High in 1986. There are also a lot of good things that he will be remembered for by the people he coached and coached with that no one will ever know about. Thanks Coach for all the good times.

Coach Kerr has definantly left his mark on AC football. This is probably the toughest decision that Coach has had to make. One can only imagine what it's like to give up something that you have done for the past 35 years. Coach Kerr will be greatly missed. Based on the article in the Sentinel, it sounds like it was time. I'm sure that Coach will find something to fill his time that he will no longer be spending on the practice fields at AC. Maybe his golf game will improve over time. Who knows what lies ahead for the great legendary coach.