McMillan to UTM Lady Skyhawks?

Volunatic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great hire, UTM is on the right track. Now within 3 years, we will be competing in the OVC. Notsoheavy that we was for you. I know you will have something to say about that. I look forward to supporting the Lady Skyhawks.

A member of the UTM Skyhawk Club will be contacting you in the next week for you to open that checkbook........... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now that this is been announced, let me say that Monday will bring the end to UTM being the doormat of West Tennessee and the OVC in womens basketball. It will be a long road with alot of work but it will get done and get done the right way, hopefully sooner than later.

Good luck to him...I wonder who his first recruit will be? Yall know more about west tn ball than I do, but Heather Butler would be high on my list. I had the pleasure of meeting her this summer and was so impressed with her. I had saw her play before in the state tourney and I was impressed there too.

congrats to Coach McMillan on coming to the University City- Hopefully things will get back on a positive note for the UTM women's program and a great hire by the way and a good move on UTM's part after the PR nightmare they had with the men's coaching situation and aftermath a week or so ago (but I digress /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> )

McMillan and wife will be a breath of fresh air for a Skyhawk program that is in desperate need of direction /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Always leave while you're on top of your game (just like Seinfeld did!) and that's what Coach Mac did.

GC will not be bare though as the big three return from the 09' undefeated AA state champs and look to make another historical run for the BORO.. BUT who will lead them now.. Will the crafty veteran of 5 Gold Balls in the trophy case come out of retirement? will a former coach return, or will the rumors that are already out there hold up of GC going across the river in search of a face from days gone by who could ride in on his horse for a somewhat of a family reunion and take over the GC ship!!

BOO /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Hmm... going across the river to find a face from days gone is a new one to me.

My opinion is Coach Russell will get it back if he wants it back. I really wouldn't mind a legend being replaced by a legend, lol.

The next coach hired will be coming into a GREAT situation with talent galore coming up over the next couple of years. As noted, the big 3 (Butler, Griffin, Reedy) are all back for their Senior season. Also, Tori Reedy (Aubrey's sister) will be coming to Gibson Co. this year and could get playing time as a Freshman. There are also several other good Freshman coming in with her. The 8th grade and 7th grade class in Yorkville, Spring Hill, Rutherford, and Dyer (Gibson Co. feeder schools) are also loaded as well. If Medina is to cause a huge dropoff in enrollment to Gibson Co. and GC is to drop to 1A, they'll definately be very tough to beat. If we are to stay in AA we should still be a very solid program. I just hope we find a great coach for this situation!!!

Hmm... going across the river to find a face from days gone is a new one to me.

My opinion is Coach Russell will get it back if he wants it back. I really wouldn't mind a legend being replaced by a legend, lol.

The next coach hired will be coming into a GREAT situation with talent galore coming up over the next couple of years. As noted, the big 3 (Butler, Griffin, Reedy) are all back for their Senior season. Also, Tori Reedy (Aubrey's sister) will be coming to Gibson Co. this year and could get playing time as a Freshman. There are also several other good Freshman coming in with her. The 8th grade and 7th grade class in Yorkville, Spring Hill, Rutherford, and Dyer (Gibson Co. feeder schools) are also loaded as well. If Medina is to cause a huge dropoff in enrollment to Gibson Co. and GC is to drop to 1A, they'll definately be very tough to beat. If we are to stay in AA we should still be a very solid program. I just hope we find a great coach for this situation!!!

who is coaching the ladies at summer camps?

Coach Russell

Wednesday through Friday is the Gibson Co. team camp. I was told that about 25-30 teams will be there. Not exactly sure what schools, but I know there is 1 or 2 coming in from Knoxville and several from middle TN and then teams from around here.

We played in Wayne Co. a couple of weeks ago and blew everyone out. That was the only other camp they've played so far.