Knoxville Bearden (35-2) vs Clarksville NE (26-6)

Icy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I checked the two teams you mention just happen to be AA schools. You protected your comment by not giving the specifics surrounding these two teams but I helped you out as to not let your bold comment lead us all astray! Now you just made me get ignorant on you about your comment. AE got dragged around the court by Bearden 109-67 and Fulton got drubbed in the same fashion by Bearden 66-52. Now if you consider those teams good, then you really need to stop giving your opinion. They are good in AA play...is that what you meant to write? Don't get me wrong, I have no qualms about the teams because they can only grow from those defeats and I applaud their coach for stepping up and challenging his team. But on the other hand, Bearden coach gets a failing grade for dipping within the realm of AA play considering the monstrous team he supposedly had for this season. It is just two many great AAA teams within the state of TN to dip that low and proved to be their demise! GO EAGLES...silent but deadly!

Trust me ... there is a lot more ignorance involved in trying to say that AE and Fulton are not "good" teams than anything else said on this thread. Both of these teams are quality in-state opponents regardless of class. They could both compete on AA or AAA level in state.

The difference between AA and AAA in basketball is not near as great as it is in football. The best team I've seen in Murfreesboro in a whole lot of years (every class included) was an AA team.

The last time I checked the two teams you mention just happen to be AA schools. You protected your comment by not giving the specifics surrounding these two teams but I helped you out as to not let your bold comment lead us all astray! Now you just made me get ignorant on you about your comment. AE got dragged around the court by Bearden 109-67 and Fulton got drubbed in the same fashion by Bearden 66-52. Now if you consider those teams good, then you really need to stop giving your opinion. They are good in AA play...is that what you meant to write? Don't get me wrong, I have no qualms about the teams because they can only grow from those defeats and I applaud their coach for stepping up and challenging his team. But on the other hand, Bearden coach gets a failing grade for dipping within the realm of AA play considering the monstrous team he supposedly had for this season. It is just two many great AAA teams within the state of TN to dip that low and proved to be their demise! GO EAGLES...silent but deadly!

So still think Fulton is no good? ha ha back to back

Trust me ... there is a lot more ignorance involved in trying to say that AE and Fulton are not "good" teams than anything else said on this thread. Both of these teams are quality in-state opponents regardless of class. They could both compete on AA or AAA level in state.

The difference between AA and AAA in basketball is not near as great as it is in football. The best team I've seen in Murfreesboro in a whole lot of years (every class included) was an AA team.

The best team I saw in Murfreesboro the past 5 years was a AA team that just happened to go to AAA and now is going back to AA... So basically they are a AAA team!!!! 06-07 Liberty was an awesome team!!! This guy 'mine273' has a VERY good point!!!! AE & Fulton both get handled by Bearden and what does it get Bearden nothing straight up out of the tournament! Either of 2 things does this: 1) AE & Fulton just aren't that good or 2) AAA teams are just that MUCH better!! Either way GovMan your statement contradicts the facts! Fulton is an "OK" team, 2 squeakers this year, & 1 squeaker last year! AE, not too sure about them haven't gotten the chance to see them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> AAA is just that MUCH better if you don't think so go play some of those Memphis AAA schools!! Not East TN or Middle TN... AAA plays in West TN!!!!! See how that works out for you! Bet it won't be pretty!

Please change your screenname to Badminton2223 because your predictions let us all know you have no clue about basketball. Bearden played three worthy opponents this year out of 38 games......and lost all three! Bearden by 17, you need to put that pipe down because it stunts your growth and tends to keep one from thinking rationally as in your case! GO EAGLES...silent but deadly!

haha no clue about basketball... i play college basketball watchu do man??? ur a spectator!! hahaha dont come at me with that. look for me at tennessee chatanooga next year youll know who i am.

I AM NOT A BEARDEN FAN, so i dont know why you people are acting like this is gonna bother me lol... thatta baby eagles good job!

I made my assessment on talent and athletic ability, i have seen both teams play unfortunately bearden played a bad game.

The best team I saw in Murfreesboro the past 5 years was a AA team that just happened to go to AAA and now is going back to AA... So basically they are a AAA team!!!! 06-07 Liberty was an awesome team!!! This guy 'mine273' has a VERY good point!!!! AE & Fulton both get handled by Bearden and what does it get Bearden nothing straight up out of the tournament! Either of 2 things does this: 1) AE & Fulton just aren't that good or 2) AAA teams are just that MUCH better!! Either way GovMan your statement contradicts the facts! Fulton is an "OK" team, 2 squeakers this year, & 1 squeaker last year! AE, not too sure about them haven't gotten the chance to see them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> AAA is just that MUCH better if you don't think so go play some of those Memphis AAA schools!! Not East TN or Middle TN... AAA plays in West TN!!!!! See how that works out for you! Bet it won't be pretty!

Your a idiot! Fulton is ok? Fulton is every bit as good as a lot of AAA teams including Bearden. Give them credit they won the state in AA

Your a idiot! Fulton is ok? Fulton is every bit as good as a lot of AAA teams including Bearden. Give them credit they won the state in AA

They are good! And they get credit in AA, but every bit as good as AAA teams including Bearden... NO! Thats why Bearden beat them by 14 earlier in the season!!! Who looks like an idiot now!!! The answer would be YOU!!!!

no i promise they werent overrated, they are still the most talented team in the state, but theyre coach is just probably one of the worst coaches in high school basketball besides coach ogan from powell... If you cant win a state championship with 4 mid major D1 prospects all over 6'5 on your team then wow thats saying something.

Plus i talked to one of the players and he said coach blevins changed the game plan and told them he wanted demonote (the big post) touching the ball every possession and that he didnt want any shots put up outside the paint...

If a coach does that, then what do you expect...

Good luck to Clarksville im glad Bearden got put out im not a bearden fan.

Not trying to spark an argument but Coach Ogan from Powell is a great coach. He was down this year, but he'll be back. Powell had Hanson (a really good PG) but he did not have much around him. However he had a really talented freshman class so they'll be back. I don't know much about Blevins, but subbing 5 at a time is a bit much. During the season that's fine but at tournament time you need your 5 best players on the floor and I'm sure Simpson, Jenkins, Craig and Parker are, well were 4 of his best 5. Who will Bearden have back next year? (Other than Fair)