Why does Central always lay an egg in Murphreesburo?

bigbearsfan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never understood this. Morgan is a great coach, but when it comes time to win it all, he and his team does not come through.

There is really only one coach so far that understood waht it takes and he got hijacked in the regionals. Coach Gat is the man so far and its alright with the rest of the state if your officials want to olay favorites down there. But until you get that straightened out even if you have to import Officials out of Mountian City, it will be hard to give respect to the fine Schools who send teams out of the City. The problem is not here in the Boro it is in the way things are handled down there and I can't imagine how the players feel there. They should wonder if what they do means anything. Best of luck to the players and I'm sure the fine officials in Mountain City are ready to come next year.

I have never understood this. Morgan is a great coach, but when it comes time to win it all, he and his team does not come through.

I don't understand quite what you mean. Central makes it to the State 9 out of the past 13 yrs. Just so happens they have not won the whole thing. I don't consider that laying an egg. How many teams would love to at least make it to State just once. They deserve alot of credit for what they accomplished. Im a die hard Polk fan, but you have to give credit where it is due, and they deserve it.

There is really only one coach so far that understood waht it takes and he got hijacked in the regionals. Coach Gat is the man so far and its alright with the rest of the state if your officials want to olay favorites down there. But until you get that straightened out even if you have to import Officials out of Mountian City, it will be hard to give respect to the fine Schools who send teams out of the City. The problem is not here in the Boro it is in the way things are handled down there and I can't imagine how the players feel there. They should wonder if what they do means anything. Best of luck to the players and I'm sure the fine officials in Mountain City are ready to come next year.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but that hijacking took place in Sectionals/substate... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I do not know about past years, but I believe this year they played a weak schedule. Their district is pretty weak and they did not schedule many good AA or AAA teams out of district. One could argue that Upperman and Livingston were the two best teams they played. I watched the Livingston game and thought Lambert was very good, but the team was pretty small. Everyone also talked about McMinn's depth, which looks pretty good when you are beating cupcakes by 40 in the regular season, but other than Lambert and Davis nobody else really stood out. Don't get me wrong, they were a good team with some nice players, but I believe they need to play better teams in the regular season to prepare for the state's best come tournament time.

I have never seen them play and know very little about Central but any team which makes it to the AAA finals and loses by a point at the buzzer is a team any fan should be proud of! Of course you'd be disappointed, but how many teams have NEVER made it to the state?! Laying an egg is having the talent but not even making it to substate!

I have never seen them play and know very little about Central but any team which makes it to the AAA finals and loses by a point at the buzzer is a team any fan should be proud of! Of course you'd be disappointed, but how many teams have NEVER made it to the state?! Laying an egg is having the talent but not even making it to substate!

Bobcat this thread is about Central from McMinn. I tend to agree with coachh17. I know you have no control over who you have to play in your district, but you can schedule the non-dist. games with stronger teams. I know in LA's case it isn't always about the over-all record. As everyone seen this year. But the level of competition they play usually prepares them for when they get farther down the road. I think McMinn Central needs to schedule stronger non district games and don't worry about their record. If they had come in to the tournament say 27 and 7 with those 7 losses being against better teams I believe that it would have made a big difference. I mean it's pretty obvious that you all can get to the sub-state every year. But when you get to the state the competition is something that they are not accustomed to.

JMHO

I understand the need for a tough schedule but they're a little limited on what they can do. Their district has 9 teams so that's 16 games set before any other can be added. Three of their district opponents have won a state title in the past but they haven't been state title level lately. They did play Maryville and Bradley, and McMinn County is naturally a rivalry game that is always played even though the Lady Cherokees have been down for a few years. Their Christmas tournament could have been a little tougher overall but they did beat the eventual Georgia AAA runner-up by double digits and beat a pretty good Arts and Sciences team. Next year their district will be smaller so they should have more room to schedule tougher if that's what they want.

I understand the need for a tough schedule but they're a little limited on what they can do. Their district has 9 teams so that's 16 games set before any other can be added. Three of their district opponents have won a state title in the past but they haven't been state title level lately. They did play Maryville and Bradley, and McMinn County is naturally a rivalry game that is always played even though the Lady Cherokees have been down for a few years. Their Christmas tournament could have been a little tougher overall but they did beat the eventual Georgia AAA runner-up by double digits and beat a pretty good Arts and Sciences team. Next year their district will be smaller so they should have more room to schedule tougher if that's what they want.

Schedule Bradley Co, Cleveland, Walker Valley.....hmmmm year in and year out, that should be 6 competitive/possible to lose games. maybe the best that chattanooga has to offer could help also......