Another Coach Gone

raynoch

HOOPSGURU you are funny. This is not LeBrandon, but me and him use to share this account when we coached AAU together. I will say this while he coached at shorter college he did practice and talked to some of the Atlanta Hawks because their NBDL team was there. Too funny on the scouting for the hawks, but seriously i think he would do a great job at SD and he is certified in Biology. We will see. And yes that is the same stix that played at karns and Knoxville college. He will love that comment on the hawks thing! still laughing!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stix, the really funny part is that I was talking about the infamous Geoff Mallory. The last time I saw him he told me that the Hawks had him scouting the southeast for talent that others couldn't find. I had no idea that Marie had a connection there too. I do think that the real Stix would be a good fit for a program that lacks stability. His time at Knox College and AE could help him pull some of the kids that seem to leave SD every year. Barnes laid a solid foundation for whoever gets this job. Still, SD is maybe the worst job in Knoxville.

Everyone talks about all these young coaches in the area and I believe the best one around is the young guy from Gatlinburg Pittman. Don't know his name but saw him coach against my grandson's team and he does a great job! Great motivator and looks like he is a winner.GP has been pretty good last three years. Any comments on that?

Everyone talks about all these young coaches in the area and I believe the best one around is the young guy from Gatlinburg Pittman. Don't know his name but saw him coach against my grandson's team and he does a great job! Great motivator and looks like he is a winner.GP has been pretty good last three years. Any comments on that?

Raul Placeres is the coach at GP and he does do a fantastic job. You are correct in your assessment of him but no way does he leave GP to go to SD!

I have seen this young man since his College days at Maryville. As a player you could tell he would be a coach. Was always directing his teammates on where to be and what to do. Was a pretty darn good player. Yes he does play in the Rocky Top league and does a great job. I say that is a pretty neat thing, not too many coaches can do that. He would be a great hire for any of the openings around Knoxville especially those private schools.

SouthKnoxPrince

The job at S-D just got alot better.

Leaving District 4 and joining the IMAC.

No more Bearden, Farragut, Maryville, William Blount

now they face Cherokee, Cocke County, Mo East, JCHS,

Sevier County, Seymour, Morristown West..

Greeneville is dropping to AA.

2009-2010 East will be the heavy favorite

(depending on who the new coach is)

but after that is is wide open and BAD !!!!

He took a Senior laden team at GP last year and led them to a 4th place finish in the regular season. They had more talent from players 1-7 than anyone inthe district. They did finish 2nd in the tournament, but laid an egg in the regionals at home. Not taking anything away from him, but you may be giving him to much credit. He hasn't really won that much so far. Next year will be a real test for him.

From what I have seen the past two seasons, SD is definately the worst bball job in knoxville, maybe of all east tennessee! They just have zero talent.

Most of this year's team was extremely young. A bunch of freshmen and sophomores on the varsity squad. While they are not the most talented bunch that should give some hope to whoever takes the job.

From what I have seen the past two seasons, SD is definately the worst bball job in knoxville, maybe of all east tennessee! They just have zero talent.

What people are looking at is the potential at South-Doyle. If you can keep their middle school kids from going to A-E you have a chance at building a winner.