Lenoir City Head Coach

Do I sense a tone hostility?

Wow! No offense intended. Seriously, I appreciated what I thought was a joke on your part and was attempting the same. I thought the thumb and the wink made that obvious. I also assumed you were making a good natured joke in your earlier post about "nice recruiting pitch." I also assumed the comments from Happyhour and IrishBBall were good natured too, and I resonded in kind. So now I'm wondering, if you took my comments as serious and not light-hearted, maybe I was incorrect and yours weren't intended to be a friendly jab. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> To be completely frank, from your name I thought you were a coach or asst coach from Scott. I had no idea you were a Catholic supporter. I guess that shows how astute I am!

Since I stepped on your toes, I feel obliged to say that Catholic has a fine school, and a fine athletic program. I can't believe anyone believes they really have a recruiting budget. Certainly not someone from another private school. The recruiting jokes are a standby, recurring joke that gets thrown out commonly on many threads. Some of your fellow Catholic supporters referenced that in this very thread. And who could take the bleacher comments (or my response to them) as serious? Best of luck to Catholic in the coming season.

My apologies to the LC fans for the unintended tangent.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! No offense intended. Seriously, I appreciated what I thought was a joke on your part and was attempting the same. I thought the thumb and the wink made that obvious. I also assumed you were making a good natured joke in your earlier post about "nice recruiting pitch." I also assumed the comments from Happyhour and IrishBBall were good natured too, and I resonded in kind. So now I'm wondering, if you took my comments as serious and not light-hearted, maybe I was incorrect and yours weren't intended to be a friendly jab. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> To be completely frank, from your name I thought you were a coach or asst coach from Scott. I had no idea you were a Catholic supporter. I guess that shows how astute I am!

Since I stepped on your toes, I feel obliged to say that Catholic has a fine school, and a fine athletic program. I can't believe anyone believes they really have a recruiting budget. Certainly not someone from another private school. The recruiting jokes are a standby, recurring joke that gets thrown out commonly on many threads. Some of your fellow Catholic supporters referenced that in this very thread. And who could take the bleacher comments (or my response to them) as serious? Best of luck to Catholic in the coming season.

At least his toes aren't in cowboy boots.

And we all know the recruiting budget is maxed out at both schools for football

Oh wait we all know that Catholic doesn't have a recruiting budget.......budget would imply a maximum amount /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I knew you were joking. Don't take my comments serious it's all in good nature. I should have worded that different.

Doesn't going to team camp with LC pretty much assure that he will be a Panther? I believe he would now have to sit out if he went to CAK.

Irish,

I don't think so if he just finished 8th grade and is an incoming 9th grader. Until he's actually "enrolled" at LC he's still a free agent, I think.

Irish,

I don't think so if he just finished 8th grade and is an incoming 9th grader. Until he's actually "enrolled" at LC he's still a free agent, I think.

I thought even as an upcoming 9th grader, once you attended team camp prior to "enrolling" you were still considered as a part of that team. Catholic's volleyball team had a player go to camp with Hardin Valley in the summer then enroll at Catholic at the start of the school year last year. She played the entire season and when it was brought up by the Hardin Valley coach at a match late in the season, Catholic was forced to forfeit all those matches she participated in since she was technically ineligible.

Coaches??????

I thought even as an upcoming 9th grader, once you attended team camp prior to "enrolling" you were still considered as a part of that team. Catholic's volleyball team had a player go to camp with Hardin Valley in the summer then enroll at Catholic at the start of the school year last year. She played the entire season and when it was brought up by the Hardin Valley coach at a match late in the season, Catholic was forced to forfeit all those matches she participated in since she was technically ineligible.

Coaches??????

I believe you are correct. If you play spring practice in football for one school then attend another school in the fall you are ineligible. I would think the same goes for basketball.

Coaches??????

Unless the rule has recently changed, a student-athlete can camp/practice with a school and go to a different as a rising 9th grader. I know of a player that practiced with 2 teams during summer. The player had just finished 8th grade.

Unless the rule has recently changed, a student-athlete can camp/practice with a school and go to a different as a rising 9th grader. I know of a player that practiced with 2 teams during summer. The player had just finished 8th grade.

There may a difference in "practicing" versus going to team camp as a team member. Practice could have been more of an open gym scenario. Also it may have been that no one made both coaches or ADs aware of that fact. The Hardin Valley H.S. coach was the one that pointed out to the Catholic coach that she had gone to camp with them. He was obviously unaware unfortunately it cost them a good shot at returning to the State Tourney since they dropped to the lowest seed from #1.