Uh Oh - Fryer on You Tube

joeyT

This has been going on for years. Anyone that doesn't believe that it has does not pay attention at these tournaments. Most of the time it is just as blatant as what is shown in the video, other times it is not. It happens all over the state. One of my fondest memories is having a "coach" on the bench literally reading a newspaper during the entire game. Never looked up. The 15U or 16U team was coached, however, by their high school coach sitting in a lawn chair behind the basket. During timeouts the team ran under the basket and listened to their high school coach. Guy on the bench kept on reading the comics. I believe he was the high school coach's son.

It's time for the TSSAA to enforce their rules.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you dig this up after 8 months? He received NO PENALTY so obviously he was cleared of the charges/accusations. I am sorry Bud is not having a good year this year. It happens. I mean really. You registered a new name just for this? Pitiful.

Didn't mean to hit a nerve there Mr. Fryer & friends. When I was told about this, it sounded so ridiculous I had to see it for myself. I guess the old saying that "cheaters never prosper" doesn't apply in your case.

I was told there was a TSSAA investigation, wrongdoing was confirmed and a slight penalty was handed down.

What's the truth? ;)

If you didn't mean to hit a nerve, then you would NOT have brought it up. So, just leave it alone. Regardless of the outcome, it does not take away from these girls and how hard they work and that maybe, just maybe they deserve to be where they are! So instead of bringing up something that is irrelevant now, just sit back and enjoy some good basketball between some pretty awesome teams.

This has been going on for years. Anyone that doesn't believe that it has does not pay attention at these tournaments. Most of the time it is just as blatant as what is shown in the video, other times it is not. It happens all over the state. One of my fondest memories is having a "coach" on the bench literally reading a newspaper during the entire game. Never looked up. The 15U or 16U team was coached, however, by their high school coach sitting in a lawn chair behind the basket. During timeouts the team ran under the basket and listened to their high school coach. Guy on the bench kept on reading the comics. I believe he was the high school coach's son.

It's time for the TSSAA to enforce their rules.

Actually, they do enforce the rules in certain parts of the State of Tennessee. I don't have the link, but last October, there was an article in The Knoxville News Sentinel about an athlete who was in the middle of a domestic situation....transferred to Clinton High School from Jefferson County with full hardship approval from TSSAA and somehow his father wasn't there for a few days and he spent several nights with the asst. coach who was a family friend, or whatever. Anyway, they got pounded by TSSAA. The player was ruled ineligible and had to go back to Jefferson County to live with his mother. Apparently he played football and basketball. One football win was vacated and ALL of the basketball wins for the season were vacated. TSSAA placed the school on two year's probation and assessed a $2,000 fine. Since the school "self-reported" the incident, Clinton was allowed to finish out the football season.

Google: TSSAA rules Clinton must vacate wins....or go to: knoxnews.com and search or WBIR-TV Sorry I don't have any of the links, but it was the big topic of discussion in East Tennessee last year.

I don't think I have ever heard of any player in Middle Tennessee being "sent back" to their original school, but I've only lived in the area since 1999. Others may know more.

Why would you dig this up after 8 months? He received NO PENALTY so obviously he was cleared of the charges/accusations. I am sorry Bud is not having a good year this year. It happens. I mean really. You registered a new name just for this? Pitiful.

Didn't mean to hit a nerve there Mr. Fryer & friends. When I was told about this, it sounded so ridiculous I had to see it for myself. I guess the old saying that "cheaters never prosper" doesn't apply in your case.

I was told there was a TSSAA investigation, wrongdoing was confirmed and a slight penalty was handed down.

What's the truth? :hungry:

I'm Mr. Fryer about like you are Mr. Brandon. Check my posts. While I have history with MJ, it is ancient history. There is no way Central or any other school in Wilson Co., privates included, want to get into a discussion of how they go about circumventing the rules. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I know every coach in the county and they all have empty hands. :hungry: