Dobyns Bennett Football

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the backs do in the 7 on 7 today.I was told the big guys done pretty good and had a fun time.

We did awesome. We went 9-0 and won it all. Elizabethton thought they should be on the same field as us for the championship...we showed them real quick how it is. Coach Witten for them is a flat out punk. He talked more garbage than anyone on the team. But all in all good day. Roop threw well. Sean Seabolt Derrick Steele Rusty Clark Raffe Cleary and Slaughter were absoleutely awesome on offense. Hardly any drops defense played lock down from the time they got off the bus until they got back on. All in all we had a great day.

We did awesome. We went 9-0 and won it all. Elizabethton thought they should be on the same field as us for the championship...we showed them real quick how it is. Coach Witten for them is a flat out punk. He talked more garbage than anyone on the team. But all in all good day. Roop threw well. Sean Seabolt Derrick Steele Rusty Clark Raffe Cleary and Slaughter were absoleutely awesome on offense. Hardly any drops defense played lock down from the time they got off the bus until they got back on. All in all we had a great day.

Did you guys play Tennessee High? I know they won 5 out of 6 games but I don't know if that's as far as they went or not.

Congrats to the Tribe on the great day.

I was told west greene won the bigman competitions and THS and DB tied for 2nd. And some team from Christinsburg Va. won the 7 on 7 and we blew a pat to go to the finals also some exitement /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> during the tug of war from what i heard(this is 2nd hand info) i was not there.

I was told west greene won the bigman competitions and THS and DB tied for 2nd. And some team from Christinsburg Va. won the 7 on 7 and we blew a pat to go to the finals also some exitement /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> during the tug of war from what i heard(this is 2nd hand info) i was not there.

D-B got second there was no tie from what I understand. West Greene did take it. The excitement after the tug- a -war between D-B and Vikings probably just brought the rivalry to a new level for this year! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

D-B got second there was no tie from what I understand. West Greene did take it. The excitement after the tug- a -war between D-B and Vikings probably just brought the rivalry to a new level for this year! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Awesome..this new conference should rekindle some old rivalries real quick should be a fun season.

No sir. He is 6' 5" and is all of 280. He came to his first workout monday. Dude can play. His name is Krey Beard. He's from Nashville. And he is solid. Coach Clark told me yesterday though that he's working all of his transcript stuff out but he should be eligible.

GC (Gilligan Clark) had his only college D1 player off last years team transfer to him last summer and he had to work on his transripts too. He should have been working harder on getting the ball to him in a game that counts. Year after year, SOS. DB football and GC are like watching Gilligan's Island. Coach Gilligan will always find a way to blow it. 3 passes to to your best receiver in the playoff loss, and you really think he can get the ball to Steele? GC will work Chris to death. He will stay injured most of the season (I hope he doesn't) just like last year because GC will not use his bench. Chris stayed injured in track, he can not take the stupid call playing of DB football. If you wonder why Sylvester isnt %100 on football, just ask his brother. He played hurt many games, sometimes wanting to come out but the staff wouldn't take him out. GC bragged in the paper how hurt Chris was last year in a game, but still had him playing when the game was out of reach. A couple of teams will get DB this year, maybe more if Chris is out. Somebody needs to rescue DB football and Coach Gilligan. But we all know that will not happen until a few more years when he can get his son a scholarship. Any coach will figure out it is Chris run the ball and pass to Steele or Rusty, oops that was last year. Not enough speed,size or strength and same players playing the entire game and season, 8-2 with one of the rivals beating them. Playoffs? Does it matter, save yourself from the embarassment.

I happened to catch a radio interview with Clinton's QB this afternoon in Knoxville. I believe Stone is his name.

He was MVP of the Nike Camp in Athens, GA earlier this summer. He said that there were more than 200 QBs at the camp. He is getting some serious looks from some nice D1 schools. I think spread teams are looking at him.

The Indians had better be getting ready and working hard.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!

DB won the 7 on 7 not a school from Va.