Best team in 1a

BBbaseball15

Jabstep--what a cheap shot to take at a team LOADED with young talent. They will not win their region this season, but I give them two seasons and they will be BACK! They are only starting about 3-4 Freshman on the line along with several Sophmores at Skill positions, so...If you need names JAB-low-blow, I'd be glad to provide them.

PS--I don't take many pot shots at people, but there is no need in making post like that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still give Ezell credit for being the best 1A team because they are the defending champions but i would say that Greenback could hang in there with them but would be a close game. Greenback isnt really getting any credint because they havent played anyone tough and the only reason why teams has scored on them is because they have there J.V. in the last three quarters.

-JCole23

[Edited by JCole23 on 9-26-02 8:08A]

Posted by pujo:

We do the best we can. We like playing good competion because we get to leave our starters in alot more. They work very hard all week and sometimes their reward is to get to play very little. An example of this was last Friday night. Dacota Benfield had three carries for about 150 yards and three touchdowns. His night was over, our varsity was on the bench most of the night. It's not like there is not any good competition in this area and some of the teams we play are very tough. Some of the better teams in this area have no need to play us. They have bigger schools to play and thus brings them a better gate. We are definitely a good football team, and from what I have seen better then last year. We will be a tough opponent for any 1a school this year, public or private. I know there are some tougher regions then the one we are in, but at the same time, there's only about two real good teams in any of the eight regions. From top to bottom, I think most of the regions get better competition then we do, but there's nothing we can do about that. We are where we are. GO LANDERS !!!

C'mon Pujo. Do you really believe that? I can name 4 teams in region 5-1A that would contend for your region championship every year. I have been reading these post from you and every other Cloudland fan day after day biting my tongue. When are you guys going to realize that it doesn't matter how many yards you run for, or how big your offensive line is, you can't beat a team that throws the ball effectively and has a good defense. This is because when you get down you can't score fast enough. I get so tired of hearing all these "smash mouth" football teams getting on this board talking about their 400 yards rushing on 60 carries and only scoring three or four TD's. Who cares? The only thing that matters is scoring points, and alot of them. When your a one man show like Cloudland is its so easy to defend them. Put eight or nine guys in the box and dare the QB to throw it. When you can spread the field with six or seven guys that can make plays running or throwing come talk to me. That's why Ezell put it on Cloudland last year in the championship game. Cloudland's defense looked like a Chinese fire drill. Those young men just had no idea where the ball was going, unlike Ezell's defense. They knew on almost every play who was going to be RUNNING the ball. Meet us back in M'Boro this year, because we will be there, and we'll see if ya'll learned anything from last year. ;)

If reading this stuff offends you or hurts your feelings in some way ,don't read it.It seems to me that you and alot more of the private supporter needs a good lesson in deplomacy or either just a good trip behind the wood shed. I never get on here and run down other teams.It,s childish and only makes you look silly.We played two other teams last year that ran the same offence as ezell but the only difference was,thet did,nt have four or five college recruits on their team.You don,t have anything in the world to boast about and you have also proved that you are classless.Grow up

Posted by pujo:

If reading this stuff offends you or hurts your feelings in some way ,don't read it.It seems to me that you and alot more of the private supporter needs a good lesson in deplomacy or either just a good trip behind the wood shed. I never get on here and run down other teams.It,s childish and only makes you look silly.We played two other teams last year that ran the same offence as ezell but the only difference was,thet did,nt have four or five college recruits on their team.You don,t have anything in the world to boast about and you have also proved that you are classless.Grow up

Pujo, Cujo, whatever.Classless? Where have I heard that before? Call me what you want to. Just call me a winner. Speaking of wood shed, has Cloudland got out from behind that wood shed that Ezell took them to last year? :D

Guest bucsfootball

Boyd is the best team in 1A. They killed to good 4A schools this year.I don't even want to go into what happen to Copper Basin and Whitwell.Ezell and Boyd are the two top 1A schools in the state.Boyd will show everyone on Friday vs Ezell why they are the best. ;) GO BUCS

Posted by bucsfootball:

Boyd is the best team in 1A. They killed to good 4A schools this year.I don't even want to go into what happen to Copper Basin and Whitwell.Ezell and Boyd are the two top 1A schools in the state.Boyd will show everyone on Friday vs Ezell why they are the best. :) GO BUCS

We'll see what happens Friday night. Be sure to come back Saturday for a retraction if Boyd happens to get waxed.