District 11A

thenomad

to everyone who's dogging on the new coach at hampshire:

if you don't know him, you don't really know how he is as a coach. he's different on the floor than when you just talk to him. he's a great person, as well as a great coach. everyone says there's no hope at all for hampshire, but i beg to differ. yes, we may not have anywhere near the best athletes, but at least we have heart. and coach fite helps with that, a lot. i personally believe he could be one of the best coaches we've had. and if anyone knows, we've had a few. i'm not saying we're going to win a single game, but you'll know who you played.

thanks coach fite!

I don't think anyone is downing Coach Fite or his abilities. I, personally, hope he does a great job and if you are a player of his then congrats to you for believing in him. That is the first step to turning a program around. I think what most are saying is that it will take time and it won't happen overnight. That is what the players there need to understand. I wish ya'll the best this season and hope that ya'll will eventually turn your program around to be very competitive year in and year out. You do have a good coach but give him the time and support to do his job. :thumb:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUPPORT!!! That is the most important aspect for a young team and a young coach. If your community will stand by its coach and team, they will have greater success. Look at Forrest, Cornersville, Wayne Co., etc. All these teams have a great following. Once the support is there then the team can start to grow because more people are interested in playing and getting better. This is something that Culleoka, Mt. Pleasant, and Hampshire should look into. I'm not saying that people don't support these teams but its not a true dedication such as Santa Fe. This is why Santa Fe has dominated girls basketball in Maury Co.

I agree about the support factor. Most good programs have a loyal following. Richland had that a few year's ago. After Hall left that group dwindled a little. Last season Parker had a tough go of it due to lower support levels. Richland is not a bad team, their support has just dropped. Look for Richland to regain a little and step up their game. Richland has the best combined boys' and girls' programs in the district. Both teams will finish top 3 if not top 2!! This is becasue of support from community, parents, teachers, and students!!

to everyone who's dogging on the new coach at hampshire:

if you don't know him, you don't really know how he is as a coach. he's different on the floor than when you just talk to him. he's a great person, as well as a great coach. everyone says there's no hope at all for hampshire, but i beg to differ. yes, we may not have anywhere near the best athletes, but at least we have heart. and coach fite helps with that, a lot. i personally believe he could be one of the best coaches we've had. and if anyone knows, we've had a few. i'm not saying we're going to win a single game, but you'll know who you played.

thanks coach fite!

Welcome to the T! You do have a good coach. You ladies have an early game with Community. That will give me a very good idea of where you are.

Cornersville at the Forrest Playday:

Gm#1 - Lost to Collinwood by 10pts played terrible. Gm #2 - Defeated Cascade by 7, played better. Gm #3 - Lost to Oakland by single digits. The starters had a BIG lead, Coach Landers put in the Freshman Team late in the first half. They finished the game & gave up the lead.

Keep in mind that Cornersville was without All District 11A & All Region 6A star Haley Fagan who was on a recruiting visit to the University of Georgia that weekend. :lol:

On Wednesday Nov 4th the Lady Bulldogs (w/Fagan) destroyed Giles County in a scrimmage. :thumb:

Next up - Community next Tuesday. GO LADY DAWGS!!

Cornersville at the Forrest Playday:

Gm#1 - Lost to Collinwood by 10pts played terrible. Gm #2 - Defeated Cascade by 7, played better. Gm #3 - Lost to Oakland by single digits. The starters had a BIG lead, Coach Landers put in the Freshman Team late in the first half. They finished the game & gave up the lead.

Keep in mind that Cornersville was without All District 11A & All Region 6A star Haley Fagan who was on a recruiting visit to the University of Georgia that weekend. :roflol:

On Wednesday Nov 4th the Lady Bulldogs (w/Fagan) destroyed Giles County in a scrimmage. :roflol:

Next up - Community next Tuesday. GO LADY DAWGS!!

Hey James, please call me! 931-580-2663

I heard through the grapevine that Mt. Pleasant has scrimmaged and Culleoka went to a playday on the 14th. Any truth to these statements? If so, how'd these two teams look? I know Cornersville is taking full advantage of their scrimmage days what about the rest of the teams? How is Richland looking? CA? Santa Fe? Hampshire?