Alcoa beats Maryville

owcoa

hey bc thanks for the stats i had been wondering all nite about that looks like i missed something special think since i am no longer working i may have to drive up for a game one friday nite

Thanks bulldoggfan...............A good game to watch will be the up coming game between Alcoa and an athletic #1 ranked 4A Fulton Falcon team, Thursday, Sept 10th! :?: It will be a war!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was definitely a big win for the Tornadoes. I hope our kids can enjoy this win and get back to the business of the six-peat. I expect Coach Rankin and his staff will make sure of that. It was an incredible atmosphere for high school football. If it gets any better than that I would like to see it.

From what I saw, Maryville handled this loss with tremendous dignity. The fans didn't get ugly. The coaching staff remained focused every down up until the final whistle blew. The scene after the game with both teams huddled at midfield was a credit to both programs and the men that lead them.

There was an interesting comment from one of Maryville's coaches in the Daily-Times. For the past five years Alcoa has taken the loss to Maryville and went back to work to win a state championship. Having seen Oak Ridge and Farragut in scrimmages I know the road in front of them will not be easy. But, with the coaching staff Maryville has it is possible. Get it done Rebels!

Congratulations to all the Tornado fans! This is certainly a big win for Alcoa, but not one that I didn't expect. It sounds as if the Maryville faithful handled the loss with class, and I'm glad to hear that. They have a classy program. GQ didn't seem too surprised by the outcome. Maryville will just have to battle a few mental demons, with back to back losses, but I'm sure they will be fine by playoff time.

Many of us at CAK were anxiously searching for the score throughout the game. Although Alcoa always eliminates us from the playoffs, practically all the Warrior fans I spoke with were pulling for our 3A comrades :?: Congrats on 2 very impressive, back to back, victories :lol:

We beat murvil's tail. The O-Line dominated. And to all the murvil posters who ran their mouths, HARITAGE AND WB HAVE BETTER RECORDS THAN YOU. Why were yalls fans leaving with 5+ minutes to go? hmm, anyone want to talk more crap??? B)B):thumb:

What you should be saying is that Alcoa FINALLY got one after how many yrs? Instead you get on here talking out both sides of your mouth. Congrats to Alcoa.

How am i talking out of both sides?

Statistics for the game:

First downs: A 25, M 9

Rushing yards: A 54-440 , M 25-59

passing yards: A 14, M 194

Alcoa's Rushing:

#15 Jaron Toney - 27 runs for 238 yards and 6 TD's

# 2 Taharin Tyson 10 runs for 95 yards

# 16 Austin Talent 7 runs for 39 yards

# 29 Vanderbilt Hembrick 5 runs for 36 yards

# 81 Daniel Rockymore 3 runs for 32 yards

rushing Avg. 8.4 yards/carry

Sorry but this stat is wrong. Alcoa didnt attemp a pass all night...

GC,Glad to hear you made it to Alcoa and back home safe!

The weather worked out perfect!

Glad you enjoyed the game.............I know I did

Man, the game was everything I expected and more. The weather was perfect! Ya'll have a very nice stadium there and the mountains in the distance behind the visitors stands is an awesome view. Our trip up there didn't particularly go as planned. We figured we'd follow my GPS to Alcoa. Well, my GPS took us all the way down to Chatanooga and then down into Georgia and then back up I-24, lol. It was quite ridiculous. On the way home we took I40 all the way back and it was alot quicker to say the least. Alcoa is a great football team and like I said, I want to see a 3A playoff team play Alcoa to within 2-3 TD's. I don't think there's a team on this side of the state that'll do it. I still can't get over some of the hits that Warren laid on those guys. Best of luck to Alcoa this year and I very well may be watching ya'll play again in Cookeville in a few months!

Is it a coincidence that FBE is missing the same time that a certain Rat Week ceremony is being held at VMI???

I get a laugh out of most of the Photoshopping going on by you guys , but I really wish you guys would refrain from the name calling to FBEmeritus . He doesn't agree with you guys and sometimes he says things that I don't agree with , but never do I see him call you guys Morons , or any other names . Maryville and Alcoa owe each other a lot , they have made each other better over the years , this year Alcoa has raised the bar up a little higher , and now Maryville needs to play catch up .

I enjoy the little " Digging " back and forth with my Alcoa buddies , and I called several of them during and after the Game to congratulate them on the great game Alcoa played . This rivalry is too great to lower it by the name calling .

Is it a coincidence that FBE is missing the same time that a certain Rat Week ceremony is being held at VMI???

I get a laugh out of most of the Photoshopping going on by you guys , but I really wish you guys would refrain from the name calling to FBEmeritus . He doesn't agree with you guys and sometimes he says things that I don't agree with , but never do I see him call you guys Morons , or any other names . Maryville and Alcoa owe each other a lot , they have made each other better over the years , this year Alcoa has raised the bar up a little higher , and now Maryville needs to play catch up .

I enjoy the little " Digging " back and forth with my Alcoa buddies , and I called several of them during and after the Game to congratulate them on the great game Alcoa played . This rivalry is too great to lower it by the name calling .

First FBE needs to have some respect for Alcoa, something that he has not shown in years. When Alcoa wins it's because they play "powder puff" etc. That gets very old! Yea, some love to just stir the pot, but when it gets disrepectfully....then its time to treat the poster the same way. MLREB!

Even in years past you pepvols loved to rub salt into Alcoa's losses to Maryville. It is tough hearing "yea, yea ever year you Alcoa people say the same thing then Maryville pounds you into the ground" What's wrong with talking up your team and thinking you have a chance and then being criticized for thinking that way? Especially from members from the same community. IT is "a great rivalry" and as fan on the other side of the sting for years it really was hard to hear. Maryville's program is a class act. Players, coaches, and especially CGQ. Now as far as fan base on coacht.........well RebelRon, STARS B) , and RedRebel are truly class acts.

So, it is simple to stop the name calling...............

6girlsgcopy.jpg

It's 2:40 AM and we made it back from the game in Alcoa tonight! It was definately worth the trip. The game was close all the way until the fourth quarter and Alcoa blew it open. Alcoa completely dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. #1, Warren, is a beast out there defensively and #2, the FB, is a beast running the ball. The atmosphere tonight was completely awesome! Nothing like getting to a football game 3 hours before kickoff and already a couple thousand people inside the stadium. If there's a 3A playoff team in the state that can play Alcoa to within 3 TD's this year, I'd love to see 'em. Alcoa will be extremely tough to beat and they look to be even better than last year. I'd like to talk more about the game, but I'm fairly tired and going to hit the sack. Nice to talk to some of the Alcoa people tonight that knew who GCPioneer was off of coacht, lol. Thanks for the free stuff too!!!!!

P.S.... I bought me an Alcoa shirt. Got five?

Hey I'm glad you guys made it back. I was worried about that trip. I can tell you me and one of your friend's here in Johnson City talked about your trek to Alcoa yesterday. Do you know who I'm talking about. Your friend "JP" is a great guy..............his wife works for me. I think you or your friend went to church with them. I was tell his wife this week that someone from Dyer was driving over for the game and wouldn't you know her husband already knew about your plans. You are now LEGENDARY in my mind.