Franklin Rebels (3-0) vs Ooltewah Owls (3-0)

huskergymnast33

Ive been quiet on this, but feel it's time to say something. Brady Reed has played well this season, as I have said on other threads, his decision making has been very good this season (no turnovers is testament to that). He has been going through his progressions and has made smart decisions with the ball (hit 7 different receivers on Friday night alone). He has run the ball when he has had to and at the right times (leading rusher for the Owls against the Rebels). Am I ready to say that Brady Reed has been the best quarterback that Ooltewah has had this decade? No, I'm not, but I am going to say that he has improved and is not costing the Owls games that other Owl QBs can't say they have done.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been quiet on this, but feel it's time to say something. Brady Reed has played well this season, as I have said on other threads, his decision making has been very good this season (no turnovers is testament to that). He has been going through his progressions and has made smart decisions with the ball (hit 7 different receivers on Friday night alone). He has run the ball when he has had to and at the right times (leading rusher for the Owls against the Rebels). Am I ready to say that Brady Reed has been the best quarterback that Ooltewah has had this decade? No, I'm not, but I am going to say that he has improved and is not costing the Owls games that other Owl QBs can't say they have done.
:roflol: What other qbs are you referring to?

He s been the QB for 3 yrs sooooooooooo............ whats your point????? It s very rare one person cost the WHOLE TEAM a game BECAUSE if everybody does what there supposed to do every play it wont happen BUT we dont live in a perfect world!!!! Brady had a good game like i said, i want him to keep on keeping on for everybodys sake!!!!! Keep it up Reed and all the Owls football squad will go far with the good play calling and TEAM effort!!!!!!! :roflol:

yes i also want to no what other qb has cost the owls as many games as reed ? because before him you had zack woods who was a pretty good qb and then after him it was jeremy woods aka (j-wo) and any one who is an owls fan knows that he is argualbly the best quaterback ohs has EVER HAD. and for a short time after him we had conner pepping who would have been a great qb but some things happend where he had to leave the team and thats when brady took over and this whole thing begain... so tell me witch one of thoughs are u talking about ?

jmjdtc wrote:

yes reed after two years finally had a good game let us praise the lord

(Then VOID wrote): I'm with ya....on that one,I'll be a believer when,Reed puts 3 or 4 games together like that.owls This was Reed's best outting in 26 games.

And by the way you NEVER said " Brady had a good game" and I am not whining just stating the facts. You had to make a comment about how this was the best game. Brady has had good games in the past but you were too stubborn or upset that your BOY was not playing that you could see that. But you know what I am not going to argue with you about this. You will be on here next year stating the same whole thing unless of course it is your kid out there trying to help this team with a win.

ok listin i dont have a BOY i state the facts. i want the best player to play. in this case its not brady .... not at quarterback. ever year they have had a better quarterback and for some reason or another they wont play them there ... now idk what the reasons are but i no this its not cause there not better than him ive seen that with my own eyes for the past 3 years . 2 yrs ago conner was better last year they had a kid name brantly smith who was better (ask anyone who went / goes to ohs the will say the same ) and this year they have 2 to choose from goose manning OR corey flanders.... so there you want me to be fair and truthful and what not well woop there it is .

Huh? The running game works because of the passing game and vice versa. Unfortunately, FHS has a young QB which means opposing teams are gonna stuff the box. Until the pass works and FHS can present a balanced attack, opponents will be setting up camp between the ends. As for as coaching, I give kudos for them working on the passing game against a nonconference opponent who would give them a stern test. Geesh, they lost by a couple of TDs to the 2nd ranked team in the state on the road.

And now the truth comes out about the mighty rebels. I don't know whether the loss is due to the absolutely atrocious coaching and play calling or just the lack of heart and skill from the players. I think it's a lot of both. Let's try to recap the game from the claytons point of view. Rebels are down at the half, what do we do? Clayton answer, "pass". In fact, seems as though that is claytons answer for every situation. I would like to know who the moron is calling plays from the press box. Obviously, the pass isn't working. When this happens, most, if not all, GOOD coaches would say, "hey, let's try something else, the pass isn't working". Not these coaches, they seem to be set on the idea of a passing game which is just impossible with that crap o line and that crap qb. It doesn't matter how good your offensive line is at pass blocking IF YOUR QB CAN'T THROW, much less put 4 plays together without losing yards on penalties. Somehow, the words "I told you so" just don't cover it. Franklin played 3 mediocre (at best) opponents and now they thought they were football gods. Like I said, first time they played a real team they would crumble, and crumble they did. Like a house of cards. The defense played terrible also. It's called adaptation, a concept that coach webb apparently cannot grasp. They couldn't adapt to Ooltewah just as they couldn't adapt to Oakland in the state championship last year. The rebels are incapable of playing a physical game against a physical team. And where were the franklin "trifecta" rbs? Ford - 14 for 70? Dye - 5 for 9? Of course I get my stats from the tennessean, so look for a margin of error, but still. 14 carries for 70 yards? I think ford finally stepped up onto the pedestal that everyone has set for him and turned into a crap player. With the type of football being played in Tennessee right now, the rebels can look forward to a few more wins this season, but this is a dying breath for a once great football team.

Franklin's loss to Ooltewah was not due to a lack of defense...#36 was shut down on all accounts by the defense AND the offense. I really expected much more from a D1 prospect. I wish credit had been given to the Ooltewah players that really had a good showing (for instance, their QB). The penalties against Franklin (11 in the 1st half - WOW!) is what cost Franklin the game, period. Statistically, Franklin had more passing and rushing yards in the 1st 1/2 than the Owls, so as games go..."any team can be beaten on any given day". The Rebels will come back and surprise even its worst critics...but try to keep in mind as you bash away at these young men that they are still teenagers. Perhaps you shouldn't hide behind your Coach T log in and reveal yourself to those you choose to ridicule.