Huntingdon @ Union City

GoldStandard

Pirate_Mike.. Thanks. Funny things happen on the way to the Forum. When you play at Union City you never know how the refs will call the game. In 1999 we played them at UC and the clock never runs in the final 30 seconds and when it does as time is winding down the ref stops the game and goes over to the homeside UC band and tells them to stop playing cause the UC team can't hear the signals. They run the field goal unit on and line up and kick an unbeliveable FG and beat us 21-19. We got them at home the same year and won in the semi's to go to the Clinic Bowl.

We look for more of the same but maybe we can over come the refs.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLAH BLAH BLAH....

thats about all i hear when people complain about the refs winning or losing a game for a team...

it doesnt matter what the people think...

if a ref sees something worth throwing a flag over he's gonna do it...

nothing a fan or poster says is gonna change the way they call the game...

so stop wasting ur time developing carpal tunnel dry.gif

just lookin out for ya man :flower:

BLAH BLAH BLAH....

thats about all i hear when people complain about the refs winning or losing a game for a team...

just lookin out for ya man :flower:

BigSwo.. Thanks for your concern but I guess it doesn't matter unless your team loses. We call the UC-Huntingdon game in '99 as "The game when time stood still". All I'm saying is when a visiting team visits UC the visitors know they will get the shaft. Just hope it's not a big one. It's kinda like playing at Johnnie Hale Stadium in the past and the scoreboard goes on the blink all the time.

We enjoy playing at UC all kidding aside. Your facilities are 2nd to none.

I am neutral in this and just simply luv a good High School football game. Its hard press for me to pick a winner knowing both teams are very good. UC having no trouble with their first two opponents. Huntingdon beating WV and playing Milan down to the wire. Take away a couple of to's and they win the game. I know that is part of the game, but this game will be one of the best any High School sports fan will see all year! I'm not going to make any perdiction to me its to close to call. Like always when 2 good teams meet. Defense and to's will determine the out come! Like i said i'm neutral in this one and can not hardly wait for this one to start! Huntingdon is very good and UC is also both have good traditions and great football fans and towns! This going to be a hum dinger good luck to both teams Friday night and for a injury free game!! :flower:

BLAH BLAH BLAH....

just lookin out for ya man :thumb:

BigSwo.. Thanks for your concern but I guess it doesn't matter unless your team loses. We call the UC-Huntingdon game in '99 as "The game when time stood still". All I'm saying is when a visiting team visits UC the visitors know they will get the shaft. Just hope it's not a big one. It's kinda like playing at Johnnie Hale Stadium in the past and the scoreboard goes on the blink all the time.

We enjoy playing at UC all kidding aside. Your facilities are 2nd to none.

What happened at your house during the dog and pony show this year? Guess that was Milan's fault also. Your team is too good to already be playing the "ref stole the game" card. Let it go.

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book and it looks like these two teams have a chance to get all the way to the state. My Murphy Fair book says that they both have some big ole boys that can knock a hole for the runners to run through. According to Murphy, they both have some speed as well. Huntingdon has that one boy that is just plain fast. I hope you have a good game.

What you say is true stangfan. Fatigue could be a problem for most teams in our area who are accustomed to playing only half the game. What I mean by that is having a defnsive squad and an offensive squad. Who are not playing both ways.. These boys from UC have known for months that they would haVE TO GO ALL NIGHT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. They have conditioned themselves for extended play.

I know what your trying to say, but it doesn't hold up. One of the things that the UC coach said after the jamboree against Mckenzie was that conditioning was one of the problems. You don't fix that in 3 weeks time.

All any good back needs is one good step to get past a defender. I still believe that if UC is playing most of the secondary both ways the POSSIBILITY of big plays increases as the game goes on. I have not said that UC will roll over because of getting tired. Since Holder only plays on offense, he will still have strong legs under him at the end of the game. Advantage Huntingdon.

UC has a very good defense and IF they can take Huntingdon out of their game plan the advantage goes to them. I am also very interested in seeing how our defense plays against the UC offense. Our defense has done a pretty good job against the run all year but has struggled against the pass. I know UC can throw the ball, but can they consistently enough to sustain drives?

First of all thank you for the respectful way you discuss this contest between the 2 best 1A teams in the west. I only wish we came into the game ranked behind yall. Simply for the phsycological impact of wanting to prove we are better. It will be a long hard fight. Secondly Im not sure where you are coming from by quoting our coach saying that conditioning is a problem. What most people dont know is that our guys had just finished a week of football camp 2 days before coming to the jamborree. They went through 3-a-days. And lifted wieghts in between one of those practises. So yeah They where tired. Trust me wwhen I say this They will hold up. By 10:30 tommorrow night We will all know. But this is fun huh?

BLAH BLAH BLAH....

just lookin out for ya man :)

We enjoy playing at UC all kidding aside. Your facilities are 2nd to none.[/quote

Mr Mustang let me apologize for that last quote. Honestly that was not me. My son gets on here and uses my name . Ive told him to be respect ful but he is a stubborn teenager who is a member of the UC football team. His pride took over a lil bit. You will see him play Fri Nite. His Is #4. Once again my apologies. If you look at my qoutes you can tell which are mine. He spaces far more than me and he never caps.

BigSwo.. Thanks for the reply. Good luck to your son tomorrow night and hope he has a good game and is injury free. Most posters on CoachT mean well but there are always some that want to stir the pot. I've found out over the years what it means to be a good loser along with a humble winner.

Others get on here and want to brag about this or that and when their team beats UC or Huntingdon they think they have won the Clinic Bowl. When teams stop bragging about beating us then that's when I/we begin to be concerned here in Huntingdon.

We're looking for a brawl tomorrow night and I hope our boys are up for it. I really do think we'll meet again in the playoffs against each other but we'll know how we both stack up after tomorrow night.