Maryville vs. McMinn County 9-11-2009

Red Rebels

GovMan, Tell all the MHS fans about the yellow milk jugs they bring up from Athens. It might not be as loud since they will be across the field, but they made a lot of noise down at WB a few years ago. I saw WB play the Tribe a few years ago when WB let one slip away. I think they only had to run out the clock. There was a McDermott playing that night and he was good.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Govman,

and yes i am anticipating that this will be an extremely entertaining game. Both teams have good history(Great in Maryville's case), loyal fans, and a strong desire to win. After getting more film on Maryville i am starting to get more confident that the Tribe could sneak out of Blount Co with another win. I remember playing in that game vs WB years ago when we upset them at home with Trace and contrary to popular belief Tevin(Mcdermott) is actually more naturally talented. I have seen this kid literally jog in games and score 60+ yard touchdowns vs the likes of Ooltewah, cleveland, and other region 6A foes. Also to be honest, talent wise this might be one of Maryville's first years they dont have at least one kid you can point to and say "he's college bound." Because of this, and the likes of the deepest senior class Mcminn has had in recent years(26) i am looking at a push. I really do not know who will win this game, but i do know that it should be a darn good one!

New prediction: Maryville 20?? Mcminn 20??? push+

Tribe,

How well I remember the WB game you speak of. You all whupped us that night.

As far as "college bound" Rebels ... they still have a few. Their qb (Juhlin ... sure I mispelled it) will play somewhere. Their kicker received letters this week from two different SEC schools. If you're saying there's no Aaron Douglas' or Tyler Maples' or Carl Stewarts' ... you may be correct.

Saw sum film on MackMinn Countee......Ables iz a grait runner....And can throw the deep crossin' patturn very well.....Treemendus athleet........Attack on Deefence.....Vurry aggressive...... :lol:

STARS,

Are you taking MommaSTARS and the pups to the bar-b-que dinner? Cause if you are I need to know what time so me and Rebelswoman and the midgets can get through first. :lol:

With all due respect to maryville's streak and championship history, I do believe that the old 4A classification was weak in comparison to the new 6A alignment that maryville will be facing this year. McMinn is a very respectable team and always steps up to stiffer competition. This will be a great game but to close to call.

With all due respect to maryville's streak and championship history, I do believe that the old 4A classification was weak in comparison to the new 6A alignment that maryville will be facing this year. McMinn is a very respectable team and always steps up to stiffer competition. This will be a great game but to close to call.

With all due respect , the majority of people who have watched the State championship games in the last 10 years have thought the winners from the 4A & 5A games would have been very competitive matchups . I guess since Maryville Is not up to the standards they have set the last 10 yrs this year , It will be very easy for you to come back on here and say I told you so , as far as comparisons go . There have been several years here in East Tennessee where the second best team In 4A ( Central ) would have beat any team In 5A . Just my opinion of course .

With all due respect , the majority of people who have watched the State championship games in the last 10 years have thought the winners from the 4A & 5A games would have been very competitive matchups . I guess since Maryville Is not up to the standards they have set the last 10 yrs this year , It will be very easy for you to come back on here and say I told you so , as far as comparisons go . There have been several years here in East Tennessee where the second best team In 4A ( Central ) would have beat any team In 5A . Just my opinion of course .

Not trying to be disrespectful. Yes, I agree that the top teams in 4A were just as good as the top teams in 5A were. I'm talking from top to bottom, 5A was better. Kind of like college football, a lot of people consider the SEC the best conference even though each conference champion can field a team that could beat a many SEC teams. for example.....last year's sugar bowl when utah beat alabama. If McMinn could play Maryville's old schedule they could easily go 9-1 or 8-2 every year instead of fighting tooth and nail trying to make the playoffs in 5A.

Saw sum film on MackMinn Countee......Ables iz a grait runner....And can throw the deep crossin' patturn very well.....Treemendus athleet........Attack on Deefence.....Vurry aggressive...... ;)

STARS,

Are you taking MommaSTARS and the pups to the bar-b-que dinner? Cause if you are I need to know what time so me and Rebelswoman and the midgets can get through first. :hungry:

Rebullsman...We's goin two talegait off tha bak ov ole Nellie........And then maik our entrunce two tha Barbie Q urly....... :thumb: