Oakland v. Riverdale

MidTennFootball

This Battle of the Boro is what high school football is all about. Oakland comes in 3-1 and so does Riverdale. Both, along with Blackman are the frontrunners right now. This game will mark the half-way point through the season and give an up in the district to the victor. I am going to go with oakland for my pick, big surprise? I think Oakland has been more battle-tested so far this season that Riverdale. We beat them last year and that soared our confidence and led to greatness. I will be honest, had we lost to them, I don't think we could have done the things that we did last season.Oakland always needed that big boost of a big win of a worthy opponent in the prior yrs. I think if Riverdale pulls off the win, it does the same for them as far as building their confidence to make a run.

I don't think anone in our district can match up to our defensive line. That is the heart and soul of this team and has been our strength for several yrs now. These kids have more experience at that spot than anyone . They know each other and they trust each other and that is a winning combination. Add in the heart and effort factor, and they are unbeatable. Riverdale will have a hard time running on us and will have to resort to passing. Their QB has a nice arm, but seems to be a bit impulsive .I think he can be rattled, and if anyone can get to a player....well we know SMACKaDOO has been known to make players shake in their shoes. I think this will be a big factor as Oakland will set the tone of the game from the first snap. I am NOT saying that the Warriors will lay down, but I do think we can get them out of sync and wreak some havoc. As for the match-up between our Offense and their defense...I think we win that battle as well. I expect them to try a lot of blitzing to get to Adams as Wells loves to do that. I expect us to mix things up to make them honest. I am predicting that this will be a big night for Barnes and Shaller.

I am going to say we win by 2 TD's. I hope for a clean game and an injury-free one.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dogs are not the same. Anyone know why?

Thats what I thought also, but did not say anything as I put it down to faulty memory on my part. To me they are not as spicy anymore. More like a plain old hotdog instead of the spicy sausage ones from years past. They are good, but not GREAT like they used to be.

I agree...totally different

I watched Oakland tonight. We better not make ANY mistakes because if we do we will pay for them. I watched a rushing performance tonight against a Ron Crawford team like I have never seen before. We cannot afford to play catch up football with Oakland as they will NOT let you. They got up on Brentwood and it forced Brentwood to make mistakes. One of which Oakland took to the end zone.

People can say what they want about the WingT but it is NOT a catch up type offense. I think the Hendersonville vs LaVergne game tonight proved that. Speaking of which how did LaVergne do that to Hendersonville after we lost to Hendersonville but destroyed LaVergne? That tells me we are NOT playing consistant football!

I think with Hendersonville they have been there and done that with the wing T so they know to stay at home and was able to contain us better than most teams...I think you will see our true colors friday night

2P you got a little long with that post, I thought you were going to turn that thing into a short story. I will agree that Oakland's D is one of the better ones around, but SHS and BHS are both pretty dang good. I think this one will be a surprise to O Zoners. Closer one than you think.

LETS GO DAWGS

I think it would be very foolish of anyone to expect a blowout in this game. Who cares if 2p makes a long post, so long as it has a point and possess good reason, i prefer quality over quantity. Smyrna may have a pretty good defense, but they also gave up 27 to the same team Oakland gave up 7 to, and that was in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Hahahha....purpledawg. You know me, I can be long-winded for sure. I have made much longer posts in the past though. :motorbike: Whether I get passionate about an injustice or vocal about deserved praise, I can get wound up for sure. My son used to complain that my lonnnnnnnnnng lectures were much worse than the whuppings. :motorbike:

I really wish this game wasn't being played under the cloud of scandal . I really think Riverdale will be found innocent of all charges. I think the accuser has stutter-stepped way too many times in what he is claiming.

I am excited that both of us are coming in with identical records and that this game has so much riding on the line district-wise. Just like the old days. I wish Rdale the best of luck.

This just in.....Weinergate has been solved. :motorbike:

As we suspected, wrong dogs were ordered and wrong man was operating the untensils (sorry, Son :motorbike: ). All will be corrected by Friday night so come :( !

THANK YOU> I have very little pleasures in life and I thought I had lost one of my favorite ones. Let the game begin.....my mouth is watering!

This just in.....Weinergate has been solved. :motorbike:

As we suspected, wrong dogs were ordered and wrong man was operating the untensils (sorry, Son :motorbike: ). All will be corrected by Friday night so come :( !

Thanks! LOD and I knew something was different. It was not so much the cook, as it was the wrong dog. Oakland dogs are yummy!