District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

Ok well seth staggs isn't the best athlete to come through santa fe....There was a pitcher that graduated in 01' that had recruiters following him to every game and clocked him down at mtp throwin 95....staggs just wishes he could reach that limit....Ricky Taylor was the pitchers name and he played alot of travel ball and even played against dan uggle and sat him down in good fashion. He had offers from all of your top baseball schools in college, but enough about that.

1. All the starters but the point gaurd are 6'3 +

2.They run the floor very well and could cause problems for other teams in the 4th qrt if they aren't in top notch condition.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW. another SANTA FE fan??? interesting.... That was a bold prediction... I dont agree with alot of it though...

CULLY wont be in the top 4....unless Slatton works a miracle

MT. PLEASANT wont be at the bottom....they have athletes

As for SANTA FE I think they will be in the top 3. if im right i think they only lost 2 seniors, so they should be returning with a good core of talent and experience.

WOW. another SANTA FE fan??? interesting.... That was a bold prediction... I dont agree with alot of it though...

As for SANTA FE I think they will be in the top 3. if im right i think they only lost 2 seniors, so they should be returning with a good core of talent and experience.

well your getting your information you wanted. even though im pretty sure the other "fan" is just a student trying to ruffle feathers...

Oh and cullypride aren't you the one who also said we haven't been that great since the Higginbottoms? That was 4 yrs ago. But I'm going to stick with Santa Fe finishing in the top 3. They only lost 2 Sr's and returning a good group of talented guys. I know this is flashing back 5 yrs back but in middle school Cully beat santa fe by a buzzer beater to go onto win the champ. against ca in which they blew them out. Cully has only lost turner since then and Santa fe lost a pg and a c and ca lost a sg, but they all have gained 1 or 2 players since then so them 3 teams alone should dominate and its going to be close games when they all face each other. Santa fe will split with CA but will take both gm's against cully.But good luck to Santa fe tonight against merrol hyde.

well your getting your information you wanted. even though im pretty sure the other "fan" is just a student trying to ruffle feathers...

Yep my task on hand is to ruffle some feathers, couldn't of said it better myself :thumb:

Christoper jackson is doin a great job, he has come along way. Riley walton played a great game the other night , he played great defense and had numerous steals. There was never a need for him to score because Upshaw had 24, Pilkinton had 18 and Jackson had 14.

Culleoka is a strong team who is highly underestimated.

i think cully is a bit underestimated also...but i really think they're gonna have to prove it...playing merrol hyde or whoever that won like 2 games last year(and i've never even heard of them) isnt saying much!

as of now i'm not sure who will start for CA, apparently their last game every single person that dressed got PT in the first half. So it sounds like dejarnette is trying to give everybody a chance.

Oh and cullypride aren't you the one who also said we haven't been that great since the Higginbottoms? That was 4 yrs ago. But I'm going to stick with Santa Fe finishing in the top 3. They only lost 2 Sr's and returning a good group of talented guys. I know this is flashing back 5 yrs back but in middle school Cully beat santa fe by a buzzer beater to go onto win the champ. against ca in which they blew them out. Cully has only lost turner since then and Santa fe lost a pg and a c and ca lost a sg, but they all have gained 1 or 2 players since then so them 3 teams alone should dominate and its going to be close games when they all face each other. Santa fe will split with CA but will take both gm's against cully.But good luck to Santa fe tonight against merrol hyde.

I remember those games, and yes they were close and competative. But take into consideration that those same players that won have been under Slatton since the day after the championship game....so rest assured that they have improved quite a bit.

I think cully is a bit underestimated also...but i really think they're gonna have to prove it...playing merrol hyde or whoever that won like 2 games last year(and i've never even heard of them) isnt saying much!

Never said Merrol Hyde was any good. Just anxious to see if Santa Fe can put up 79 on them like Cully did.

I think cully is a bit underestimated also...but i really think they're gonna have to prove it...playing merrol hyde or whoever that won like 2 games last year(and i've never even heard of them) isnt saying much!

Never said Merrol Hyde was any good. Just anxious to see if Santa Fe can put up 79 on them like Cully did.

Would a 50-20 win be just as impressive as a 79-46?

middle school dosen't mean a thing for example ryan pilnkington from culleoka was on that team yet he never saw the floor as a 5'4 90pound gaurd who couldn't handle strength and now i believe he is 6'4 can throw it down on a good day and gained strength and also a deadly shot. Second thing is that Culleoka is missing the best player off that middle school team in Taylor Greene who isn't playing anymore who would be the point gaurd. Turner is not the missing piece for Culleoka he wouldn't be playing anyway he hasn't grown and didn't get any bigger. Without Taylor it did hurt them a little but it doesn't matter if chooses not to play it ok Culleoka has to take atvantage of what they got and that is defense and experince in the big game every one of these seniors got the chance to play in the state tournement and they know what it is like to be there they might not come close but they want to hold the district title just like they did 2 out of the last 3 years. James Upshaw has a major improvement in his shot and is also 6'2 and from his freshman year till now learned discipline and gained 30 pounds of muscle. Riely is a guy who can bring different elements to the game if he does all the right things he has to be smart and not try to do to much. Culleoka is missing the clutch player from 07 with josh blade and Demario 08 Demario and Chad Stephens 09 Chad and the twins 2010 ? that will be the key there will be closer games this year and this is when they need to find that go to guy. The post is a big issue ya Jackson had 14 but beleive me he is the least developed player out of all the starters and need to improve throughout the year to be big in tournements. All and all Culleoka won't dominate anyone this year but untill there crown is taken they should be the team everyone is going after maybe not on here but in the locker rooms i promise every coach is saying we need to beat Cully this year to get a championship. Culleoka will be no lower than 3rd in this district no matter what Santa Fe has to say!