District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

With no recruits left on the roster in the Slatten era, will they be able to prevail against a very talented yet underdogged SF team? But as an honest fan, I am very displeased with SF's play right now because they aren't playin up to their potential as of right now. Maybe a taste of someone good in the district will get them going. Good luck SF

Final SF by 5

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With no recruits left on the roster in the Slatten era, will they be able to prevail against a very talented yet underdogged SF team? But as an honest fan, I am very displeased with SF's play right now because they aren't playin up to their potential as of right now. Maybe a taste of someone good in the district will get them going. Good luck SF

Final SF by 5

all recruits are gone? what recruits are we talking about?

Final SF by 5

i'll take culleoka by 14.

Final SF by 5

all recruits are gone? what recruits are we talking about?

all the people that were supose to go to spring hill, from cox...but somehow ended up at cully...thought id answer for him....im stopping with that, nothing else will be said...

Final SF by 5

To answer your question yes...they can. Remember this same group won the county their 8th grade year in middle school. Not that it much matters now but they were better and more talented then, as they still are.

Final SF by 5

To answer your question yes...they can. Remember this same group won the county their 8th grade year in middle school. Not that it much matters now but they were better and more talented then, as they still are.

Ok two things up top. One, its a new year, as much as we can poke fun at cully for the "recruiting" thing, we shouldnt. Thats (hopefully) in the past. Two, cullypride you totally just contradicted yourself "in middle school, not that it matters, but they still are.."

Now to the game. This game has some interesting points.

Cully seams to be a fast paced team as always, as SF has had a more half-court style to start the season. A coaches battle as well.

Interesting to see if Speed(Cully) will match Balance(SF)

If Im not mistaken, most of the starters have similar qualities...both have a shutdown shooter, lengthy slasher, smart pg, and agile post play... if I had to guess, it will be the bench players that make a key difference.. I believe that in fact, SF has more experienced starters than Cully does this year, however the Cully players have been in bigger games( well see if that has any affect on the game)

Win or lose I think it will be a great game, good luck to both sides!

Final SF by 5

That was middle school, and I if I can recall Cully beat SF by a buzzer beater. I've already talked about this yaw have lost yaws best player since then in taylor greene.

It's going to be a close game, its going to come down to who can play all 32 minutes.

Final SF by 5

That was middle school, and I if I can recall Cully beat SF by a buzzer beater. I've already talked about this yaw have lost yaws best player since then in taylor greene.

It's going to be a close game, its going to come down to who can play all 32 minutes.

okay....lets end middle school conversation right here....middle school=kids not even through puberty=high pitched voices=non developed strength....its irrelevant, which everyone has said, but its still being brought up.

i think from right now its safe to say

CA/Richland-favorites

Cully-darkhorse for favorite(not far behind, just unproven in district play)

Cornersville/Santa Fe-wildcards

------------------------------------

Mt.P-Know nothing about them

---------------------------------

Hampshire-still cellar dwellar until they prove otherwise.

sidenote: CA beat Fairview by like 14.

Ok I have to get in on this one although someone above has already mentioned some of this. Some of Cully's teams are total different in high school than they were in middle school. This is one of them. Taylor Greene is no longer playing basketball. He played as an 8th grader and that team won the county tournament. They beat CA in the championship game. It was a well know fact that if Cully won Greene would be the MVP and if CA won Williams would have been the MVP. Cully won and Greene deserved to win the award because he had a great season and a great tournament. Two other players on that Cully team that I know are not on this years high school team is Turner McKay (8th grade starter) and Hunter Morrow (8th grade bench player). Everyone is talking about Cully recruiting. I have no clue this year what they have except for the left over players from last year. I just know what players are not playing anymore. The part about Cully recruiting goes back to CJ Holt and Chad Stephens who played middle school at EA Cox but played high school at Cully. Let's put all of this to rest. Maybe Cully did recruit those kids... but maybe they didn't. Maybe their parents wanted them to go to a smaller school than Columbia or Spring Hill.

I will almost bet every school in the county doesn't have the same team this year as they did when this Sr class was 8th graders. For example on CA's team there are only 2 Sr's remaining from that 8th grade team… Williams and Gibbs. Williams has been a 4 year starter and Gibbs continues to be a bench player. Boshers decided not to play his Sr year, Dale is still at CA but hasn't played in a few years, and Shively transferred to Columbia Central to play a higher level of football. I would say that worked out for him considering he was a starting offensive lineman on the 5A State Runner-up. CA also has Patterson who was not on that team and he was not recruited by the way.

Santa Fe would be another example. The starters that 8th grade year were Gardner, Garrett, Madden, Best and Taylor. There was another kid that changed out with Taylor I believe and another big kid (Jamie) that played post. Best transferred but came back this year. I don't think Taylor and the big player (Jamie) plays anymore. Santa Fe has a new kid... Tyler. Don't have a clue about him but I know he wasn't recruited.

Anyways point being that teams and kids change from an 8th grade year to the Sr year. Let it go. Let the kids play basketball this year. Those 8th grade years are good memories for those kids but that is all they are at this point. All of the players want their Sr year to be the best year ever!