District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

CA beat Cully 48-31

After watching all teams in the district play at least once CA, MTP, and Richland will be at the top as they are now. Culleoka will fall in behind them. SF and Hampshire fight it out for 5th and 6th place. Cornersville will be at the bottom. I will say this for Culleoka... they don't have the best players and they don't score a ton but they execute their offense better than any other teams and the players are more fundamental. That comes from good coaching. People may not like Slatton because of his cockiness and actions but the man can coach. Maybe not shooting though just because so many of his players have ugly shots. I think CA has the most talent, MTP has the most athleticism, and Richland is the deepest team. The second half of the district schedule should be fun and interesting to watch! Good luck to all teams!

Willie, I agree with every single thing you say here, and would tweak it by saying if Culleoka gets their young and very strong center back from injury who apparently was just starting to come on strong and become confident, they will contend with the top 3, on any given night. He is very physical. If any one of these teams has a good night shooting, the opponent will lose.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SF over MTP by 5- - This will be a great rematch of early play as SF loss to MTP by 7 at MTP. This gm will come down to who crashes the boards and 2nd chance pts. Limiting TO will be a huge factor down the stretch also. Quick tip for this gm, MTP outshot SF 70-40 last time and SF lost by only 7. I know "wow" right. Gardner also had 28 pts for SF. It's time for a couple of players best and a few others to play up to there talent and knock down the big shots.

Richland over CA by 6+ - CA comes off a good win last night against a talented Cully team, But it will be hard to overcome a good richland team after playing last night. Should be a really good gm to watch. Williams as usual doin his thing but needs help from the twins down low to win this gm. It will be a battle of the boards and limiting TO's.

What's with the bashing of individual players? Willie, you seem to have an issue with tall, skinny players. Didn't you bash Demario in years past? And the twins last year? Now it's Pilkinton's turn, I guess. Sounds like you have short man's syndrome.

And Cullypride, where is your Cully pride? You never read fans of Santa Fe, CA, Richland, etc. bashing their own players. Maybe your eyes are green. Feeling a little jealous? You need to back off our players and support our team. Cutting players down for their teammates to read isn't helping foster team spirit, now is it?

And Goldman is just now coming into his own. He is getting more court time, and he is improving. Maybe that's why he has to be called out? I agree, Upshaw is a class act, but let's not dog the other guys on the team. That's just low.

SF over MTP by 5- - This will be a great rematch of early play as SF loss to MTP by 7 at MTP. This gm will come down to who crashes the boards and 2nd chance pts. Limiting TO will be a huge factor down the stretch also. Quick tip for this gm, MTP outshot SF 70-40 last time and SF lost by only 7. I know "wow" right. Gardner also had 28 pts for SF. It's time for a couple of players best and a few others to play up to there talent and knock down the big shots.

Richland over CA by 6+ - CA comes off a good win last night against a talented Cully team, But it will be hard to overcome a good richland team after playing last night. Should be a really good gm to watch. Williams as usual doin his thing but needs help from the twins down low to win this gm. It will be a battle of the boards and limiting TO's.

it could be the opposite, word was CA didnt shoot particularly welll against cully, and may get there shot back tonight. who knows, SF needs a win though.

What's with the bashing of individual players? Willie, you seem to have an issue with tall, skinny players. Didn't you bash Demario in years past? And the twins last year? Now it's Pilkinton's turn, I guess. Sounds like you have short man's syndrome.

And Cullypride, where is your Cully pride? You never read fans of Santa Fe, CA, Richland, etc. bashing their own players. Maybe your eyes are green. Feeling a little jealous? You need to back off our players and support our team. Cutting players down for their teammates to read isn't helping foster team spirit, now is it?

And Goldman is just now coming into his own. He is getting more court time, and he is improving. Maybe that's why he has to be called out? I agree, Upshaw is a class act, but let's not dog the other guys on the team. That's just low.

Where is my pride??? Have you read anything I've said on here this year???I have stood up for the boys and got pretty heated with people. As far as being jealous well.....think again because you couldn't be more wrong. I wasn't really bashing Ryan intentionally. Just saying how it is at times. HE IS A GOOD BALL PLAYER. But sometimes he lets his attitude get in the way of that. Is he as bas as some of the other players around here....no he isn't. But the struting around and dropping the ball mid-court after being called for walking is uncalled for. Once again, HE IS A GOOD PLAYER.

***If anything said on coacht gets you all bent outta shape then don't read it. If it hurts your feelings that bad to hear what other people have to say about you then don't listen. It's that simple.***

I want to apologize to Pilkington, Goldman, their parents, the Culleoka team, fans and school. That was out of character for me and I have no business calling out individual players in a negative manner. No parent likes to see their child talked about in a negative way and I will be the first to admit that I am a parent that feels the same way. I regret what I have posted and I will only focus on the positive side of players from this point forward.

As far as having issues with tall skinny players that is not the case at all. I let the emotions of last nights game get the best of me and I made a mistake. I didn't mean anything by my post on a personal level but instead I only spoke of the play. That is still no excuse and I used poor judgement by doing so. I'm human and I do make mistakes. Both are good players and I'm sure better kids. Again I apologize.

I did not bash Demario or the twins in the past.

Good luck to both players and the Culleoka basketball team this season.

wow I,m totally surprised you don,t work for some sports network. You seem to see only what you what to see. Ryan Pilkington is a class act and so is Josh Goldman. CA shot 28 foul shots Cully shot 2 in the first period: I,m no genius but I can tell thats one sided calling by the Refs!!

I'm sorry for agreeing with Willie. Don't take anything on here to heart. Not saying Ryan isn't a good kid, he never gets in trouble and is always nice. If you recall I was defending him just last friday night. Don't get so pissed off, it's all in good fun. :wub: Good luck to the warriors tonight.

wow I,m totally surprised you don,t work for some sports network. You seem to see only what you what to see. Ryan Pilkington is a class act and so is Josh Goldman. CA shot 28 foul shots Cully shot 2 in the first period: I,m no genius but I can tell thats one sided calling by the Refs!!

im sorry....not one person has complained about it being "one sided" but then, not one but 2 people say that one of the players was out of control, and has a bad attitude...im guessing i know where those fouls came from...

and calling something like it is, is NOT having no school spirit, but just calling it like it is...I don't see anything wrong with him saying that he has a big head, or whatever if its happening on the court...i would have a problem with him calling him out on something outside of the court.

im sorry....not one person has complained about it being "one sided" but then, not one but 2 people say that one of the players was out of control, and has a bad attitude...im guessing i know where those fouls came from...

and calling something like it is, is NOT having no school spirit, but just calling it like it is...I don't see anything wrong with him saying that he has a big head, or whatever if its happening on the court...i would have a problem with him calling him out on something outside of the court.

Exactly, Willie you shouldn't have to apologize, he's a good ball player but needs some self respect for himself and act with class. He's representing a good ball club and needs to be reminded that.

CA 53

Richland 45

This game was officiated very poorly on both sides. A lot of no calls and questionable calls.

Both teams had several turnovers. CA had a stretch where it seemed like they turned it over every trip. CA rebounded well and played good defense.

Scoring for CA was balanced. Robertson # 3 and Johnson came off the bench to play some big minutes and to provide some much needed scoring.

Newton from Richland scored 28. He played very well.

Any other scores from around the district?