BA vs. Ensworth

BAEagleFootball

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be another great game and atmosphere between BA and Ensworth. Victor Caro had a mosterous performance for BA vs. BGA, 2 rush TD's and 1 (52 yd) TD reception. Josh Pleasant will be returning this week for the Ensworth game as well. Finally BA will be fully healthy and ready to go.

Has Ensworth had any injuries lately or in the game vs. Smyrna?

There is no doubt that Ensworth should be at least a 10 point favorite.

Playing at home will be an advantage.

Playing a tough schedule helps EHS unlike last year.

It will be a high scoring game with at least 4 TD's runs of 50 yds or more.

The game will come down to THREE keys to win:

1. Who can STOP the run game?

2. Kicking game

3. Coaching

Running game - BA will have to put a bunch of guys in the box and try to slow down (not stop) #10. He will run behind the strong side O-line weighing 885 lbs combined. #10 will use his talent to cut back at the line of scrimage and head to open field.

Keep #10 off the field, BA wins.

Ensworth will have concetrate stopping the fastest offensive backfield in DII. BA is 4 deep and will keep fresh legs in the game. Make BA throw and Ensworth wins.

Passing game will be about equal. Ensworth TE is tall and strong with great hands. BA has a SR. QB with fast receivers.

Kicking game - BA has the advantage, great punter and FG kicker.

Ensworth does not have kicking game in their playbook.

(Ensworth coach goes for 4th and......? When across midfield)

Coaching - This is the unknown to this game. Potter had a great game plan last year to beat Ensworth. Bowers seems to play head games with the opposing coaches.

This is going to be another great game and atmosphere between BA and Ensworth. Victor Caro had a mosterous performance for BA vs. BGA, 2 rush TD's and 1 (52 yd) TD reception. Josh Pleasant will be returning this week for the Ensworth game as well. Finally BA will be fully healthy and ready to go.

Has Ensworth had any injuries lately or in the game vs. Smyrna?

Yes Ensworth has had a few nagging injuries. Star wideout, kicker, returner Jacob Carter is a 99% chance out for this game just like he has been the past 2 games with a sprained calf or something of the sort. Myers Beaird has had sprained shoulder the past 3 weeks but I think this will be his first game back. I think most the players who had the flu are back and the two, Grigsby and McFadden, who had concussions are back.

The speed of BA is key in their offense. If ensworth can keep contain and allow their speed in the secondary to get good angles on the tackles then it may be possible to keep the run game under control. Ensworth had problems with the big plays versus Smyrna. Granted that was and awful performance it still happened and those are the type of plays the BA can make.

For someone who knows this better, How would you compare this quarterback match up? Considering both defenses will be focused on the run, their performance could prove vital.

Do coaches/players still use being scheduled as someone's homecoming opponent as motivation? I know this is a standard, longstanding rallying cry, but there are so many factors that go into not only game scheduling but also when homecoming can be fit in with/around other school activities that it seems like a stretch to use it as motivation.

Frankly, I have never made a decision to attend/not attend a homecoming game based solely on the opponent, whether or not I think the opponent is a patsy, nor whether a past homecoming game was won or lost.

Given that most homecomings occur at least a few weeks into a season, when district/region play is heating up, and given the general quality of football played from top to bottom in DII-AA, it is pretty difficult to schedule a gimme for homecoming these days.

Do coaches/players still use being scheduled as someone's homecoming opponent as motivation? I know this is a standard, longstanding rallying cry, but there are so many factors that go into not only game scheduling but also when homecoming can be fit in with/around other school activities that it seems like a stretch to use it as motivation.

Frankly, I have never made a decision to attend/not attend a homecoming game based solely on the opponent, whether or not I think the opponent is a patsy, nor whether a past homecoming game was won or lost.

Given that most homecomings occur at least a few weeks into a season, when district/region play is heating up, and given the general quality of football played from top to bottom in DII-AA, it is pretty difficult to schedule a gimme for homecoming these days.

I completely follow you and I believe that it really doesn't carry much motivation for the OPPOSING team, however i think it does carry an emotional factor for the HOME team. BA is possibly the toughest opponent ensworth will face this year and it could have been the case. But as you said, it really just depends on the way the schedule works out. Last year ensworth ran over JP2. If I were an alum I would not have wanted to make the trip back to watch such a boring game.

it cant be that hard to find a bad team to play on homecoming since all the scheduling is done in january and february. ensworth also could have moved their homecoming a week or two so they arent playing the best team in the region on homecoming. i hope ensworth is ready to lose.