Who is the most Punishing Hitter?

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by blount:

Dude, do you even play football? Because if you don't, you wouldn't really know, would you? Did you participate in winter and spring workouts the semester Zach was there? If not, you wouldn't really know. And really this isn't something that there is a definitive answer on and plus, all those people you mentioned, yeah, they've graduated (except for in the tragic case of Tyler). So therefore Zach could be right. Thank you.

Actually I did play football, and I do know. I also know tha Zach never made it into the 1000 lb club, which I did. Also, he would not be the strongest player at BA right now either. Russ Brown is a LOT stronger than Zach is. He weights about 185 and benches around 360, squats around 700 (no joke), and powercleans around 280. Also Nick Forte, a sophmore is stronger than Zach. Zach was not one of the strongest players pound-for-pound either. That is garbage. I was talking with our strength coach about the strongest pound-for-pound players, and Zach did not even come up. Sure he is a strong guy, but the strongest at BA????? No sir. Also, his 40 time was terrible. Just to let you know, I ran a true 4.55 while being in the 1000 lb club. Zach did neither.

Wow...700 pound squat from a 185lb high schooler? I refuse to come on here and call someone that I do no know, a liar. But really, I'd love to see that. 700lbs is alot of weight. Comparatively, my offensive line coach (college) was an all Big 8 tackle at Nebraska and played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a short while. In 1987 Keven Lightner squated 756 pounds and that record has stood for 15 years. And keep in mind this is at the school who was the inovators and leaders of strength work in college athletics. He was a 300lb, 22 year old man when he did this. To see a 185lb high school kid squat only 56 pounds less would be unreal. I'd love to see it. I'm curious to see the form too. Is this a full, parallel squat, with a straight bar and not an safe squat bar, and without a squat suit? Cuz that'd be fun to see.

http://huskerpower.com/Squat.html

Guys, I am in several classes with BA OL/DL Russ Brown, and trust me, the guy is one of the most built guys I've ever seen. In addition, he is very dedicated to the weight room. I'm no expert in the area of weightlifting (though I DO bench a clean 420...those who know me are laughing), but if BPolley says Russ squats 685, then it's true. He's not one of the facetious propaganda-spreaders, he knows what he's talking about.

Russ comes to this site a good deal. I'm sure he'd love to respond to this post and clear things up.

Posted by WesVols:

Guys, I am in several classes with BA OL/DL Russ Brown, and trust me, the guy is one of the most built guys I've ever seen. In addition, he is very dedicated to the weight room. I'm no expert in the area of weightlifting (though I DO bench a clean 420...those who know me are laughing), but if BPolley says Russ squats 685, then it's true. He's not one of the facetious propaganda-spreaders, he knows what he's talking about.

Russ comes to this site a good deal. I'm sure he'd love to respond to this post and clear things up.

Oh trust me, I don't doubt Russ's strength at all. I know how strong he is. He's been strong since middle school. But this thread is about the most punishing hitter. I too have veered from the topic, but I don't think Russ or Zach (no offense Zach, I just haven't seen it but maybe you are) is the most punishing hitter in the state so I don't think there is any need to argue this anymore.

Posted by Franktown44:

Well, why hasnt he put his mind to it. I would have to DISAGREE with that. nobody from franklin is the best player in tennessee. have you thought of king dunlap, kody bliss, darren mustin, david holbert, tyler griffin, chad fuson, chase mctorry.

The reply was on the best tackler in the state, as which I was reffering to with the best in Tennesse thing. Also, I believe when Fred Lane played for Franklin, he was the best tackler in the state, or do you disagree with that? Lemme me know...

ha, actually i think that the reply is on the CURRENT best player in tennessee. i dont think that anyone asked for you to name one good guy who used to play at franlkin before any of us were born, but thanks for the reply

Actually I did play football, and I do know. I also know tha Zach never made it into the 1000 lb club, which I did. Also, he would not be the strongest player at BA right now either. Russ Brown is a LOT stronger than Zach is. He weights about 185 and benches around 360, squats around 700 (no joke), and powercleans around 280. Also Nick Forte, a sophmore is stronger than Zach. Zach was not one of the strongest players pound-for-pound either. That is garbage. I was talking with our strength coach about the strongest pound-for-pound players, and Zach did not even come up. Sure he is a strong guy, but the strongest at BA????? No sir. Also, his 40 time was terrible. Just to let you know, I ran a true 4.55 while being in the 1000 lb club. Zach did neither.

well, if you know so much about nebraska, you should know that they came up with the max formula. weight x reps x .033 + weight = max. anyways, these guys put more on the bar that you could hold on your back. yes, it is a regular squat on a regular bar. none of that bhs "natural squat" crap. austin bourgeois, one of the ba captains last year, squatted 520 11 times. its on tape, if you want, i will show it to you next time im in nashville. anyways, zach is hyped up and franklin cannot talk trash anymore after getting dominated by bhs. i thought that it was gonna be a murder after the first quarter, but somehow franklin managed to get their stuff together to some degree.

Wow...700 pound squat from a 185lb high schooler? I refuse to come on here and call someone that I do no know, a liar. But really, I'd love to see that. 700lbs is alot of weight. Comparatively, my offensive line coach (college) was an all Big 8 tackle at Nebraska and played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a short while. In 1987 Keven Lightner squated 756 pounds and that record has stood for 15 years. And keep in mind this is at the school who was the inovators and leaders of strength work in college athletics. He was a 300lb, 22 year old man when he did this. To see a 185lb high school kid squat only 56 pounds less would be unreal. I'd love to see it. I'm curious to see the form too. Is this a full, parallel squat, with a straight bar and not an safe squat bar, and without a squat suit? Cuz that'd be fun to see.

http://huskerpower.com/Squat.html

• 3 weeks later...