South Pittsburgh @ Boyd Buc

reaction

Here is my take....Boyd is not as good as I thought and with Terrell at quarterback we beat them on a wet field at their place by 2-3 touchdowns easy no questions asked....Our defense (held Boyd to 12 pts) and special teams played great tonight and kept us in the game the whole night Great job guys...Travis you are going to have to work hard next year to be the qb he punted great though....Now we lost tonight but this is what the positive is out of the situation....We played in my mind the number 1 team in 2a at their place with horrible field conditions and a backup quarterback who never got into a rhythm and we still about won the game...That just tells how good of a team the Pirates have!! And Boyd's line was not a factor at all tonight...our line has improved tons over last year and that was great to see tonight and I promise you we will not face any bigger boys the rest of the year...even though we lost Good Job Pirates on working hard tonight....Lookout Valley, I am sorry we play you guys next week cause Terrell will be healthy and those Pirates will be mad they lost :D LOOK OUT!

This might be true, may not. With Terrell you might beat us, but without those 2 blocked punts, ya'll might of had a goose egg tonight. Your boys fought hard. There are a bunch of things that factor into this game. I knew as soon as I heard that the QB was out, that no matter how much we won by, he would of been the difference in most peoples eyes.

Heck last year, if we have a Nic Hughes pre acl tear we might beat you last year, or if Anthony Hathaway plays 3 years ago, we may beat you guys then too. I think this is actually the first year we have actually had our best player on the field and we have a heatlhy team since the last year we went to the state finals in 2004. :D:D

Speaking of "woulda shoulda coulda" You guys got the W tonight, the score shows that. You should be very very proud! :thumb:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of you can agree, with out any doubt, If our QB was healthy we would have taken that victory like it was laid down and given to us. I honestly expected more from Boyd. Give the Pirates a dry field, and healthy team, and they would of laid the "Pirate Rule" down on them.

Anything else you need to get a win? Dry field, healthy team, all state qb, Peyton Manning, Eric Berry, new shoes? I mean if you give any team their perfect playing conditions and they will perform at their best. Fact is that tonight you didnt have that and you couldnt step it up. Hard fought game and definitely nothing to be ashamed of but stop making excuses and find a way to get better because of it than complain about why it happened.

Even if it is true please quit eluding to not having your QB tonite and diminishing another teams win. I like most of the SP posters but this just seems to be cocky to me; accept a little humility and show a little respect..... :thumb:

Dude we by far were the better team...They just got us without our quarterback....Congrats to Boyd for taking advantage they should have won...You can not play without an all state quarterback and expect to win...I am telling ya...Teams better watch out the rest of the year...But Good job Boyd.

The bold part of my post clearly indicates that I do not disagree; just saying that to continue to say it is dissrespectful and since your QB did not play tonite you cant state it as fact that SP would have won b/c you really dont know. Good luck the rest of the season; I expect SP to be battling in the 1A title game..... :D

My take:

Boyd: played as hard as they could against a VERY good Pirate D and came out on top due to terrible play at the QB for SP. Congrats to Boyd, but I'm telling you first hand and you better listen... You will get beat down by Trousdale and even lose a close one to Friendship Christian. Trousdale's defense is as good as ours.

SP: Regardless of the shoulda woulda coulda SP would have dominated with Terrell at QB. Wet field or not. I don't mind bashing people, but I know the rules on here so I won't. But I will say this... the QB we had on the field played QB in middle school, and has played 3 years at the high school level including this year. He has taken plenty of snaps in practice, and also when the starters mercy rule opponents. NO EXCUSES FOR THE EXECUTION.

SP Coaches: Great game plan and preparation. In the crucial moments I really only seen 1 bad play call which was the HB sprint to the wide side of the field to try and get 3 yards with no time-outs. The quick pass plays.. good calls, but considering the way the entire game went for the QB... maybe bad calls, who knows. Let's find us a back up at the QB position. I would really like for us to run more from behind the center though. Each time we ran that off tackle play we had positive yardage. Also, we had over 3 minutes, had the ball, with 3 timeouts, and tried to force a back-up to be a hero and throw the ball.

How we react as Coach's, Players, and Fans will truly show what time of program we have at SP.

**** Glad I was able to meet up with "Seven" from Trousdale****

Travis Millard played 1 heck of a game.I don't care what anyone says.He did all he could do.Congrats to BB they played well enough to win.See this is a team sport.No 1 player wins a game.No 1 player lost this 1.We are spoiled at SP. Blame was placed on kids after last yr's loss at TC. Pitiful.........Something about focus and personal goals was placed on 17yr old's heads.Whatever the circumstances were, the better team won tonite.Team means, when starter's are not playing someone else has to make plays.Go bring home the Gold ball Pirates.Would coulda shoulda's don't count on the field of play.

I actually met SEVEN too. Kinda crazy how it happend. Leaving the game walking through the neighbor hood and I hear a "are you reaction" come to find out he parked right next to me near the gas station lol. Good to meet you and hope ya had a safe trip back.

And Mike, we will worry about Trousdale when if we get there. Not so much concerned about FC. Never had a problem with them in the past, but I guess that is why it is the past so who knows. You know as good as I do, with the field conditions, neither team played there best. :thumb:

boyd is a good team , but from what i heard about them throughout the week, they where suppossed to be amazing. well what i saw was not amazing . both teams played hard but from what i know boyd didnt have any starters out and where on their A game. SP on the other hand had the QB out which in my opinion is the leader of the team also along with more injuires. so SP hung in there with boyd until late 4th quarter without key players also which are play makers. so imo SP could beat them if they had all players playing tonight but thats how football is so congrats boyd

Hey, no dog in the hunt here, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for Coach Reynolds and Boyd and Coach Grider and SP, their teams, their schools and their communities.

But I don't recall Boyd's fans getting on here last year and going on and on about how they would have won big-time had their starting QB (Nic Hughes) had been healthy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they offered congrats and let it go. Some of you Pirate fans need to follow their lead.

Would SP have won if Robinson had played? We will never know. Maybe they would have, maybe they wouldn't have (and if they did, it sure wouldn't have been by 2 or 3 TDs, much less a mercy rule win.)

But that's the nature of the game. You play the hand you are dealt as far as injuries go. Boyd was the better team tonight, no matter what some of might say. The scoreboard is the only stat that ultimately matters.

Great game by two great teams, who will both probably win state. Let's just leave it at that.

My take...The team played their hearts out...the whole team...Travis had to play in a tough situation and he had a tough game. Can you ask for worse conditions for your first ever varsity start? I remember when Terrell had a bad game against jasper...his 2nd year as a starter....it happens. The good thing is...It won't ever get any tougher than this game for Trav...he played his heart out and he learned a lot. Nobody feels worse about the outcome than him...I will promise you that. I'm am so proud of him. The coaches aren't down on him like like some of our fans. I'm proud of the Pirate's and see no reason this group won't be in Cookeville.

And to take nothing away from Boyd...they played their hearts out too...congrats on the win

I hated this game. (And I hate my PC for losing the long post I just wrote!!!!)

I think I saw GRUNT sitting on a bench outside of the elementary school during the storm with a TC hat on. If so, I was the guy in a green polo that kept talking on the cell phone. Reaction, where the heck were you? Looked for a guy in Boston backward cap, right outside field house before refs called players off the field 2nd time.

Had some comments about our offense choking, and how T. Robinson could make a 2 TD difference this yr, as if was that much better than last yr. And kuddos to SP for playing their hearts out with what they had.

We have the best coaches around/just ask north jackson there coach is not good/what ever boyd thinks about beating a small school without there star qb and safty let them think it/there is a little school up in trousdale that will out hit them and out fight the little private school/bank on that/it would be nice to see signal get to go to hartsville also because that spells mercy after playing cupcakes all year/these pirates will be just fine they have great coaches and will get there playeres back by playoff time/the pirate rule will be in affect next week for the #6 team in the state.hope terrell and the rest of the boys get well soon/pirate fans be proud of your coaches because i promise they are doing a great job/p,s.maybee we can get some of nj boys because there coach is a bonehead!!!!!!!!!!!

I hated this game. (And I hate my PC for losing the long post I just wrote!!!!)

I think I saw GRUNT sitting on a bench outside of the elementary school during the storm with a TC hat on. If so, I was the guy in a green polo that kept talking on the cell phone. Reaction, where the heck were you? Looked for a guy in Boston backward cap, right outside field house before refs called players off the field 2nd time.

Had some comments about our offense choking, and how T. Robinson could make a 2 TD difference this yr, as if was that much better than last yr. And kuddos to SP for playing their hearts out with what they had.

Don't you love when your computer plays tricks on you. LOL