Maryville v Catholic

BigAir

. I just thought it was a very well-executed play.

It was a well executed play.....

ML,

What do you think about that style of onside kick? I've just seen it used in the last year or so it seems ... I'm sure it's probably been around longer. What are the pros and cons of coming out of a scrum like that as opposed to lining up in the traditional style onside kick set? I know you have to have at least four guys on one side of the football but other than that, it's rather chaotic when they come bursting out ... I think I like it.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Packer KILLS me. Is this seriously the best we can find in Knoxville?

ya, he kept sayin that catholic didn't have any depth. well they have close to 100 kids on the team. they choose to play kids both ways. sounded like excuses to me. webb got them an they have less than 50 players including freshmen.

Congratulations on that win. Did you ever beat Catholic?

Never did. what's ur point? I'm sayin the lack of depth excuse is just that, an excuse.

ML,

What do you think about that style of onside kick? I've just seen it used in the last year or so it seems ... I'm sure it's probably been around longer. What are the pros and cons of coming out of a scrum like that as opposed to lining up in the traditional style onside kick set? I know you have to have at least four guys on one side of the football but other than that, it's rather chaotic when they come bursting out ... I think I like it.

It was a very well executed play...too close to call. Maryville has to field that at 8 yds before Catholic has the opportunity to touch....that said, it is difficult to cover a bouncing oblong ball as 11 players are charging full speed at you. I imagine GQ will address the "hands" team this week.

Best game of the year so far. Maryville took Catholic's best shot and still beat them. Catholic is one heck of a team. They will go far in the playoffs.

Those kids for Maryville have a ton of heart. Maryville never panicked even when Catholic was ahead 14-0. I wouldn't trade Philip Juhlin for another quarterback. What a catch and run by Clarence Langly. What impressed me the most was the halftime adjustments Gaylor made on defense. At the 1st of the game I thought Catholic would run for 600yds. Holding Catholic to less than 40 yds rushing in the 2nd half was impressive.

ML,

I'm with you Govman........I liked it. I think I will incorporate that into the MLR offense. Never mind........we don't kick off.

I think I have witnessed teams on-side with that play a couple of times but not often. IMO an on-side kick is the most dangerous play in football. A bunch of targets set up waiting on kids with a 10 yard plus running start trying to take heads off.

Best game of the year so far. Maryville took Catholic's best shot and still beat them. Catholic is one heck of a team. They will go far in the playoffs.

Those kids for Maryville have a ton of heart. Maryville never panicked even when Catholic was ahead 14-0. I wouldn't trade Philip Juhlin for another quarterback. What a catch and run by Clarence Langly. What impressed me the most was the halftime adjustments Gaylor made on defense. At the 1st of the game I thought Catholic would run for 600yds. Holding Catholic to less than 40 yds rushing in the 2nd half was impressive.

Thanks for the kind words. I was quite happy that Meadows decided to start running the ball more. However, I wish he would have started passing more after Maryville made the adjustments. Tyler was able to make plays at the end of the game, but it was too late. If we can get a good mix of running and passing going I think we'll be very dangerous offensively. I worry about the defense though. Once Maryville got going, Catholic couldn't do a thing to stop them.

Maryville was excellent, as always. It's scary to me that this allegedly "down" Maryville team can reel off 28 straight points just like that against the Irish.

Major respect for Catholic coming out of this game from me. I was sitting in the stands eating my words all night long.

This looked like a completely different KC team than I had seen play earlier in the season. In the first half it looked like Maryville didn't have the team speed to keep up after I'd called KC "slow" all week long. A couple of offsides by the Rebels and a personal foul made me take back anything I had said about Catholic's discipline.

Very good game. It was fun to watch. So proud of the Rebels for bouncing back after the KC quick start and trusting their coaches and doing what they do.

I know you have to have at least four guys on one side of the football but other than that, it's rather chaotic when they come bursting out ... I think I like it.

I believe the four guys on one side of the football is the college and pro rule and not the high school rule, which makes this play even more exciting.

Same ol, same ol.

Opponent comes out, plays out of their minds on sheer emotion.

The machine just grinds along, adjusts, wears them down, and wins.

One of the better posts for sure. Agree Mark Packer is a clown or has a kid at cathloc. Very biased and one sided. Another water soaked field? MHS has seen it before many times.

Typical SM. Asked by Heather "The Bar Fly", about playing "Maryville in the second half" almost brought him to tears. Man, ya got to love the old TVo thing. He looked at her like she called his mamma something bad! LMBO!!

Cathloc looked good and was huge up front. SM just can't make the adjustments Maryville is coached to make. When a team is sound fundmentaly, adjustments are easy and they don't have to have the best athlets to do it. GQ, Jimmy and David E are masters at adjustments. When it was time to put the game away Maryville had little trouble comming back fro 14 points down to a better than average team.

How about that frozen rope from QB PJ???? What a smoker! looked like one of Farve's!

APB, your pic was an all-time classic Sir!

One thing for sure the KFL has the worst officals anywhere. They missed calls both ways but maybe the Pope's people got to them! :thumb:

Anyhow great win for the Rebels and I don't know how far this team can go, but the players know how far they can make this season go. The seen it like few others. See ya on the Farragut thread.

Go Reb's!

I agree about Mark Packer sounding like an idiot. He is a joke. His daughter goes to CAK. He said he was on the chain gang last Friday at the CAK game. I believe I heard that right.

Well then in a small market like Knoxville, a guy can be bias and get away if his baby is involved.

Heck we don't care what people think of Maryville anyway because they normally have our boys beat on paper a week before the game. Been hearing it for years.

Better team, bigger, better athletes, faster, well coached more experienced and all of that!

The win column is all that counts if you do it with class. Maryville does that.