Maryville at Farragut

FBEmeritus

It is unbelievable that Farrygut thinks that they can compete with any team in Blount County (with the exception of HHS and WB). What Farrygut does not understand is that MHS does not need any help from anyone they are just a very well coached team that plays with a lot of heart. Im sorry your Ads dont play in 3A or you might get the beat down that you deserve. Much props to the Rebels for taking care of business!!!!!! :lol::lol::o

Come on now that's as dumb as some of the FHS kid post. What has Alcoa ever berat Farragut in? :roflol:

SPELLING :o

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am unfortunately stuck in D.C. for the next couple of weeks, so I listened to the game on the internet on WFIV 105.3. They do a great job and are very unbiased. They are very professional and refer to the teams as Farragut and Maryville and not us and them. This is what all high school broadcast teams should try to emulate. It could have been a college or pro broadcast. I like the play by play guy just as much as that Bearden grad on the Sports Animal.

De'Andre Purty was as good as advertised. Any time Maryville has been challenged this year, it's been when the opponent has a solid back - Purty for the Admirals, Alcoa's Jaron Toney, Dorian Cozart at Catholic…

Anyway, loved the game tonight - what a fight. I don't want to overlook anyone else we've yet to play, but so far from what we've seen this season, it's looking like in this new classification system Farragut is the new Knox Central for the Rebels - it's going to be Maryville and Farragut's division, winner take all. I'd even go so far as to say Farragut launches straight into being Maryville's #2 rival (behind Alcoa of course - shoot Alcoa could handle pretty much anyone this year, forget classifications).

Looking forward to seeing you all from Farragut again here in a few weeks; I wouldn't be surprised a bit if both teams are still around. Go Rebs!

De'Andre Purty was as good as advertised. Any time Maryville has been challenged this year, it's been when the opponent has a solid back - Purty for the Admirals, Alcoa's Jaron Toney, Dorian Cozart at Catholic…

Anyway, loved the game tonight - what a fight. I don't want to overlook anyone else we've yet to play, but so far from what we've seen this season, it's looking like in this new classification system Farragut is the new Knox Central for the Rebels - it's going to be Maryville and Farragut's division, winner take all. I'd even go so far as to say Farragut launches straight into being Maryville's #2 rival (behind Alcoa of course - shoot Alcoa could handle pretty much anyone this year, forget classifications).

Looking forward to seeing you all from Farragut again here in a few weeks; I wouldn't be surprised a bit if both teams are still around. Go Rebs!

FHS ADMIRAL THIS HOW YOU WIN CLASSY FANS CLASSY COACH AND CLASSY KIDS. STOP WHINING AND MAN UP. YOU WERE BEAT BY THE BETTER TEAM TONIGHT NUF SAID!

Sorry AD fan...GQ had to make an example of some one...Too bad it was UF.

Really, there is only one man to blame for this loss tonight....Eddie Courtney.

What is he thinking throwing the ball in the fourth quarter on first down, with the lead, after flipping the field running the ball???

Dumbest play calling I have seen in a long time.

Then he did it again next series....WOW!

First pic Browning throws into coverage, the second pic WR runs wrong route.

I told you guys that GQ had not opened the bag all season, then he schools the Navy tonight on back-to-back possessions after UF mistakes.

Sorry Farragut, this is as close as you will get to the big time and were out coached.

Refs were equally crappy for both sides, but a much more exciting game than Alcoa v. Stone. :roflol:

Great game tonight!!!!The Farragut fans around me at the game were gracious when they were ahead and when they fell behind. It's a shame a few posters get on here and represent their team so negatively.

Purdy was ever bit as good as advertised. I was more impressed with #15...he is a really good QB...he completed several very difficult passes. Good sportsmanship from both sides on the field.

I was happy to see Cody Harris have a good game receiving against big brother, Kyle (DB coach at FHS). Player of the game for Maryville should go to Stian Romberg....several great receptions and a very timely interception. O-line and D-line...these guys just keep getting better. Solid performance from running backs. Juhlin had another gritty game...he is a gamer.

Game ball goes to MHS coaches. Great job making adjustments at half. GQ's 2 trick plays were very timely.

Hopefully, both teams will be sucessful in the coming weeks and we will see a great re-match....hopefully at Maryville.

Lastly, thanks for the 3 nice port-o-pottys and the fine stands on the visitors side. A concession stand on the visitor's side would be a nice touch.

farragut as beat alcoa in probably golf, cross country, soccer, tennis and baseball. lol

swimming i say swimming is that the answer :D

:lol:Jobs! :lol:Graduation rates, College Grads, Class! The list is to long to list. You have Farragut beat in Football Championships and projects/trailer parks. :roflol:

Alcoadaddy be proud of your football program because it is great and they don't back down from any program in the state. But no reason to jump on a big boy board and flame bait. :lol:

I been a fan of the Alcoa program since 2000. So I know it's not full of jerks like you.

Beating Maryville 2 X in 9 years does not make you ready to be a jerk on the 6A board!

Farragut lost. Sorry.

I'm laughing at this epic meltdown. Don't think I've ever seen one as bad on this board (WB '07 maybe).

Laugh away. It still doesn't change the fact that the Ref Rebels had to have the refs cheat in order to win. It doesn't matter what you or any Ref Rebel fan has to say. The cheating still occurred and you couldn't win without it. That's the bottom line.

Was you even at the game? Shut up and ask why you threw the ball on First down. That is why you lost. If you had kept the ball on the ground might have been a different game.