MR Football in3A

cub3

Where is the Robinson kid from Alcoa going to play college ball? And, why is TN not after him?

I think I read on a previous thread that he has a verbal commit to Kentucky. He's the absolute real deal and one of the better TE's I've seen at the high school level. Just think of putting Christian Coleman (from Milan) at TE with very soft hands and good speed on top of that and you get Tyler Robinson.

This is something for the Alcoa/Maryville/East TN fans to debate. Who was the better TE in High School?....Tyler Robinson (Alcoa) or Aaron Douglas (Maryville). Please don't bash either player. They're both great, but I only saw Aaron play once at Maryville.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaron Toney - A quicker RB than Jobronski and has strength to go with his speed. He single handily beat Maryville by himself with 6 TD's and 350+ yards rushing. That alone should be him up for nomination for Mr. Football. As DB he was quick to the ball (as was the whole Alcoa defense) and let no defenders get behind him in his coverage. To be honest, Toney is my pick to win Mr. Football for backs. (No offense to Jobronski)

Jaron is definitely something to behold when he has the football, but, even as he was quick to point out, he did not 'single-handily' defeat Maryville. He gave much credit to the o-line. He's a great kid, very humble...he gave up his MVP trophy for the MHS game to the O-line. He is amazing; you'll see a swarm of defenders around him, and he'll shoot out of there like a bullet and gain 20+ yards.

Mr. Football awards are a culmination of Media politics and Location, Location, Location. The closer to Nashville you are, the more likely you are to win Mr. Football. It isn't based on a single season of play either. There's no way that is true or Chris Donald wouldn't have won it his Senior year in 2006 AA Lineman or Alex Matlock wouldn't have won it in 2007 A Lineman in the past years. I watched both of them during their years at Huntingdon and HollowRock/Bruceton and neither deserved it their senior year. They should have won them their junior years. Chad Jordan led the NATION in rushing his senior year and Marco Dailey won it. How does that happen? Seriously! Not taking anything away from Marco Dailey either. He was a great back at Mt. Pleasant. I had the pleasure of watching him at McKenzie his senior year in the playoffs and he was a stud. Dakota Crews won the AA Lineman award in 2007 at Lewis County and noone played MLB that year like Chase "Moose" Horton from Camden. He had 22 solo tackles, 3 sacks, and 7 tackles for loss against Goodpasture in the AA state playoffs. "Moose" not winning was DEFINATELY politics! So there is no justice in the Mr. Football race. Kids work their butts off and have a stellar year and because they weren't a "PRESEASON" Mr. Football Candidate then they aren't even in the running. It is all politics and location. All the young men that win are stellar atheletes but normally they aren't the "best" of their class. So good luck to all the AA Mr. Football Finalists. Better start lobbing now!

I know the lineman at Alcoa is very good, But Manassas' OC Brown has got to be in the running. Here is why:

1.All State last Year as a junior

2.Holds 12 D-1 offers currently including Kentucky, Colorado, Southern Ms, and others

3. Is a 4 star on riva1s

4. Showed very well at the all-american combine in San Antonio last year as a junior

5. will most likely get 2 more offers from Auburn and Ms State in the next 2 weeks after ecent visits

6. Is 6-3, 297 lbs, down about 25 lbs, and moves extremely well very his size.

7. Along with Stone, is considered one of the top offensive lineman in the State of Tn

You should check him out on Riva1s or utbe

II haven't seen the guy from Alcoa, but would be very surprised if he was better than OC Brown.

I could agree with you that it's based on location. You know why it's based on location?

1) There's more media coverage in East and Middle TN.

2) Football is better in East and Middle TN. Therefor, the players from East and Middle TN play against better competition and post up just as good stats as the players here in West TN. Don't get me wrong, we have great players here in West TN, but the other 2 zones are a tad bit better. When I was talking about the TE from Alcoa.... I've never seen a TE like him here in West TN. They have 2 TE's, that are SEC players, that have graduated within 3 years of each other and within 10 miles of each other at 2 different schools. Aaron Douglas of Maryville, playing for UT, and now Tyler Robinson at Alcoa.

I agree with your comments about Chase Horton and Chris Donald. The main thing that got Chris Donald to UT was his Jr. season. He completely dominated teams during his Jr. year and was ranked in the top 5 LB's in the nation going into his Senior season. However, he did stay hurt most of his Senior year with messed up hamstrings.

As for OC Brown, I've seen his youtube videos. He's very impressive. Speed for his size is "freakish". I'm sure he'll get nominated if people on here continuosly tout him for Mr. Football as well as the Commercial Appeal giving him the respect he deserves. I'll even help him out now by posting his youtube link on here as he's very deserving of a Mr. Football nomination.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f

so because that one game u cancel gibert and williamson out of the race. if i were u, i would not underestimate them and west tn.

I'm from West TN. I've seen 2 East TN games this year and 5 West TN games this year. The level of overall competition there is completely different than from what we have here in West TN. I'm not canceling Jobronski or Avery out of the running for Mr. Football. In fact, I hope they both win a Mr. Football trophy as well as a gold ball! I'm just saying that football in East TN overall is alot better than what we bring to the table here in the West. It's vice versa in basketball. West TN normally dominates the state tournaments in basketball as well as the Mr. Basketball winners.

Could someone post some riva1s clips or some tape on the lineman from Alcoa, please. Or - give us out west a way to see some footage. We keep hearing the claim the your guy is the most dominant lineman in the state, and considering that OC Brown and Stone have far more college offers, then it would seem that the real experts (college coaches that do the recruiting) disagree with you, but some of us would like to make our own determination by seeing something. You can see all you want of OC Brown and maybe before making claims, you might do some research.

Could someone post some riva1s clips or some tape on the lineman from Alcoa, please. Or - give us out west a way to see some footage. We keep hearing the claim the your guy is the most dominant lineman in the state, and considering that OC Brown and Stone have far more college offers, then it would seem that the real experts (college coaches that do the recruiting) disagree with you, but some of us would like to make our own determination by seeing something. You can see all you want of OC Brown and maybe before making claims, you might do some research.

You're behind a step or two. Tyler Robinson will be playing in the SEC next year for the Kentucky Wildcats.