MR Football in3A

cub3

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some stats for consideration, through seven games.

Jobronski Gilbert, RB/DB, Sr, Milan

123 carries, 760 yards, 17 TD rushing; 31 tackles, 1 sack

Jaron Toney, RB/DB, Sr, Alcoa

116 carries, 1118 yards, 25 TD rushing; 34 tackles, 2 sacks

Avery Williamson, FB/LB, Sr, Milan

288 yards, 2 TD rushing; 3 catches, 35 yards, 1 TD receiving; 49 tackles, 1 INT

Tyler Robinson, DE/TE, Sr, Alcoa

6 catches, 81 yards, 1 TD receiving; 31 tackles, 3 sacks

Some stats for consideration, through seven games.

Jobronski Gilbert, RB/DB, Sr, Milan

123 carries, 760 yards, 17 TD rushing; 31 tackles, 1 sack

Jaron Toney, RB/DB, Sr, Alcoa

116 carries, 1118 yards, 25 TD rushing; 34 tackles, 2 sacks

Avery Williamson, FB/LB, Sr, Milan

288 yards, 2 TD rushing; 3 catches, 35 yards, 1 TD receiving; 49 tackles, 1 INT

Tyler Robinson, DE/TE, Sr, Alcoa

6 catches, 81 yards, 1 TD receiving; 31 tackles, 3 sacks

I've seen all 4 play this year. Here's my take on each of the 4.

Jobronski Gilbert - A very hard nosed runner and isn't afraid to run you over. His speed is aceptionally good as well. He's a typical Milan RB and does the job to perfection. At LB, Jobronski is extremely explosive and very quick to the ball if Avery doesn't get there first. He will take a players head off if they don't watch it. Jobronski is a good kid from what I hear as well!

Jaron Toney - A quicker RB than Jobronski and has strength to go with his speed. He single handily beat Maryville by himself with 6 TD's and 350+ yards rushing. That alone should be him up for nomination for Mr. Football. As DB he was quick to the ball (as was the whole Alcoa defense) and let no defenders get behind him in his coverage. To be honest, Toney is my pick to win Mr. Football for backs. (No offense to Jobronski)

Avery Williamson - He is probably the best LB in this area since Chris Donald of Huntingdon. The 49 tackles through week 7 is very deceiving on how he plays. He hasn't gotten to play the second half of several games as is the case with Jobronski. Avery Williamson is very much like Chris Donald in size and play making ability. The only thing that Avery has on Chris is 22 tackles in a state championship game. Those 22 tackles against Alcoa is something that voters need to keep in mind from last year. Avery is definately worthy of getting a nomination for Mr. Football this year!!!!

Tyler Robinson - He's an absolute BEAST on both sides of the ball! I had heard talk about him and figured he was good, but he is alot better than I thought he was. I was extremely impressed with Robinson and he's a head hunter out on the field as well. Robinson WILL WIN Mr. Football for linemen in 3A.

I see JayBronk and Avery play every week so I've gotten used to their great play. I remember Toney from last year's title game and he's a special player, the robinson kid is a BIG TIME player. JayBronk had alot better stats last year, but he got knicked up a little before this season from a Football Camp.

I would say that he's been 100% for only the last few weeks. With all that being said, I think the Alcoa boys will bring um both home and we will just settle for the Gold Ball. I think it's a fair trade. Good luck to all the nominees.

One thing I forgot to say, Jobronski is great running back name. It just sounds good when you say it with a low husky voice. Go ahead and try it, you can even put more emphasis on the Jo, or you can carry the BRO part longer i.e. JoBRRRRRRRRRonski. I drive my kids crazy with that sfuff after the ball game.hahahhahaha