MR Football in3A

cub3

I don't have an opinion about any of the players in this thread. I have my own son to work with and pray he gets a serious offer somewhere. But from what I understand UTK Coach Kiffin doesn't like recruiting from local boys. He feels the best tallent will come from out of state. I personally think that's ashame. Our boys grow up watching and listening to TN football. Families buy and wear the Big Orange colors everywhere they go. The TN football tradition is part of our kids daily nutirition. It's a lot of boys dreams to be able to put on an Orange Jersey. If any local/state boys get a chance to go play for the Vols I wish the well.

Your understanding about Coach Kiffin is wrong. Coach Kiffin stated not long after he got the job that (and i'm paraphrasing) his number one priority in recruiting would be putting a fence around Tennessee's best high school talent.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have an opinion about any of the players in this thread. I have my own son to work with and pray he gets a serious offer somewhere. But from what I understand UTK Coach Kiffin doesn't like recruiting from local boys. He feels the best tallent will come from out of state. I personally think that's ashame. Our boys grow up watching and listening to TN football. Families buy and wear the Big Orange colors everywhere they go. The TN football tradition is part of our kids daily nutirition. It's a lot of boys dreams to be able to put on an Orange Jersey. If any local/state boys get a chance to go play for the Vols I wish the well.

Your understanding about Coach Kiffin is wrong. Coach Kiffin stated not long after he got the job that (and i'm paraphrasing) his number one priority in recruiting would be putting a fence around Tennessee's best high school talent.

Good. I was hoping I had heard wrong. That's good news for local/state boys who may want to play at UT.

He also said that beating Georgia was huge for recruiting purposes as alot of recruits come out of Georgia. He has said that the majority of the elite talent is out of state. He said Tennessee does not have that many "elite" players compared to other states. Tennessee has some great football players, but nothing compared to Florida, Texas, Mississippi etc...

He also said that beating Georgia was huge for recruiting purposes as alot of recruits come out of Georgia. He has said that the majority of the elite talent is out of state. He said Tennessee does not have that many "elite" players compared to other states. Tennessee has some great football players, but nothing compared to Florida, Texas, Mississippi etc...

Yeah that's what I had heard about Kiffin's recruiting opinion of TN HS players. Wonder why there's better talent in FL? Does TN spend too much time with tradition and not enough time in training?

This award is typically a popularity contest. Bottom line is Avery Williamson is the best player in 3A football.

What part of "on pace to break state TD record while only playing in the 1st halves of games" do you not understand?

Toney is a great player no doubt. What happened when he and Williamson met in the hole heads up last year??? Williamson should have the better college career.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oregon/football ... mson-92457

Toney is a great player no doubt. What happened when he and Williamson met in the hole heads up last year???

What happened the other 24 times he touched the ball?? I also see you also failed to mention that Mr Williamson didn't touch Jaron when he threw that touchdown pass as well....Come on, guy.

Talk your man up without talking someone else down.

Again....You talk about one play out of 26 that our boy Quince (that's 15 for our non-Spanish speaking friends) had the ball in his hands. AW is probably the best 3A defensive lineman in the state, including T Rob. Yes he hit 15 hard on ONE play, but he didn't knock him out, nor did he stop him from putting up a C-note on your boys on the biggest stage. Too bad there is not a stat for shake-n-bakes....

Maybe wee will get to see AW play again, if you can get past Goodpasture two years in a row. Good luck to ya and the Purple Pride nation.

My point was that Avery is the best player in 3A. Of course that's an opinion. Rivals, Scout, and bulldawgs#1 share that opinion. That doesn't make us right and you wrong or vise versa. A 100+ yards rushing on 26 carries is good but not spectacular. You don't often(it was a record) see a kid get 22 tackles. Avery is leaning towards Kentucky so maybe he and Robinson will get to play together on that Cat defense. As for the 200+ statement, Alcoa and Milan have played one time and he wasn't close. Has he gotten that much better? However, we did just lose Christian Coleman(88) for the season.