MR Football in3A

cub3

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the lineman at Alcoa is very good, But Manassas' OC Brown has got to be in the running. Here is why:

1.All State last Year as a junior

2.Holds 12 D-1 offers currently including Kentucky, Colorado, Southern Ms, and others

3. Is a 4 star on riva1s

4. Showed very well at the all-american combine in San Antonio last year as a junior

5. will most likely get 2 more offers from Auburn and Ms State in the next 2 weeks after ecent visits

6. Is 6-3, 297 lbs, down about 25 lbs, and moves extremely well very his size.

7. Along with Stone, is considered one of the top offensive lineman in the State of Tn

You should check him out on Riva1s or utbe

II haven't seen the guy from Alcoa, but would be very surprised if he was better than OC Brown.

Just a few stat's on Robinson .All state sophmore and junior year.Sophmore player of the year and Defense player of the state game .Junior year Defense player of the year.And MR.FOOTBALL award winner.Tyler is 6-4 252lb's and has the best set of hand'syou have ever seen.Tyler has offer's from Kentucky virgina tect mtsu and tennessee tect.And has verbal commited to UK.And Tyler is one of the nicest youngman you will ever met.

Could someone post some riva1s clips or some tape on the lineman from Alcoa, please. Or - give us out west a way to see some footage. We keep hearing the claim the your guy is the most dominant lineman in the state, and considering that OC Brown and Stone have far more college offers, then it would seem that the real experts (college coaches that do the recruiting) disagree with you, but some of us would like to make our own determination by seeing something. You can see all you want of OC Brown and maybe before making claims, you might do some research.

I agree with that. OC Brown is a beast. I haven't seen too many guards in high school pancake so many defenders. He is very fast to be 300 lb. If he gets his footwork a little better, 5 star prospect for sure!

Sounds to me like both players are very good and very deserving. It is also going to be a tough call given that 1 player is a tightend at 225 lbs and the other is a 300 lbs interior lineman. It is hard to compare the 2 and unfortunate that they are so dissimiliar. It is hard to compare apples with oranges,especially when giving an award for the best in the state when actually they are probably the best in the state at their respective positions, which aren't very comparable. Maybe they will play together next year at UK, that would be interesting.

I'm from West TN. I've seen 2 East TN games this year and 5 West TN games this year. The level of overall competition there is completely different than from what we have here in West TN. I'm not canceling Jobronski or Avery out of the running for Mr. Football. In fact, I hope they both win a Mr. Football trophy as well as a gold ball! I'm just saying that football in East TN overall is alot better than what we bring to the table here in the West. It's vice versa in basketball. West TN normally dominates the state tournaments in basketball as well as the Mr. Basketball winners.

Ummm. Being from west tn and living in east tn for the past 10 years, I can tell you there is NOT a whole lot of difference. Yes, there are a some good teams over here. But there is a big gap from the top feeder to the middle of the pack. I actually think that middle and west tn ball is better top to middle of the pack. East TN currently probably has the "top" teams (Alcoa and Maryville), but do not think for a minute that west tn ballers can't play with the best in east tn. I thought the same as you before living here and I my eyes have been opened.

State championships settle that debate easily. East and Middle TN outnumber the West in state championships by alot, especially over these last couple of years.
Nice point...but I think you would be surprised of how bad some of the lower teir teams are over here. Really...GC would even be "good" over here. I would not be surprised if GC could beat McMinn Central (my team). However the thread is about Mr. Football. Robinson is a hoss, but it would be interesting if some of the other lineman on other less successful teams get in the mix. I would have thought Jobronski would have had a better season, but I really haven't heard that much dominance out of him. Sounds like Avery is every bit as good as him on offense and he is a man on defense.

Keep in mind of the offensive linemen that Jobronski lost from last years team. I think 2 of them went on to play college football. This years line for Milan does not have the experience that the Cody Rodgers boy had. (I can't think of that other good linemen they had) Jobronski is still getting yards and Milan is still winning. I'm pretty positive that Jobronski is wanting a gold ball more so than a Mr. Football. I do believe it'll be Milan/Alcoa all over again for a state championship.