Hampton VS Unaka

dogbreath

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a total beat down. The Creekers have too many twinkies while the Dogs are hard candy. Hampton 48 Unaka 0.

I think Hampton rolls in this one but they wont be able to keep the creekers out of the endzone all night. I'll say 36 -14 Dogs

I was pretty close. Scores get a little easier to predict late in the year.

Two plays turned this game around. Unaka was leading 8-6 and appeared to block a punt that goes for a net 10 yards. Hampton doesn't down it and the Unaka player picks it up and runs for a touchdown. The throw a flag late, late, late only after they see the Unaka player is going to score for roughing the kicker. I looked like Unaka got a hand on the kick but everything was so muddy its hard to tell. Then after Hampton goes up 14-8 they kick off and Unaka fails to fall on the kick. That was the backbreaker.

PUJO and his army will lead you to believe that Unaka was never in the game but the unbiased Bulldog faithful know better. They need to give Unaka's quarterback and offensive line credit where credit is due. Considering how many times that tried to throw with field conditions like they were, Hampton only got to him a few times early in the second half. That was corrected after the first drive. Peterson did not take a sack at anytime rolling to his left and one of three sacks was a coverage sack. Unaka dropped five passes that hurt their chances but the difference in the game was Hampton's offensive line versus Unaka's defensive line. I never could understand with Hampton's size why Unaka didn't counter with their bigger defensive front instead of wating until the ball was inside the 10 to do so. The change helped you win against Cloudland. Why not try it some this week against Unicoi and see if it works? It sure can’t hurt.

I asked a couple of the football players about why they stopped on the punt, and they said that they heard a wistle blow, and saw the flag. Unaka roughed the kicker, penalties happen. That happens to us all the time, just like everyone else. You cant blame getting beat on the Refs, and the flag wasnt late I was standing right where the ref threw it.( 37 to 8 is all that needs to be said ) maybe next year :roflol: ?

Well like i thought and knew my DAWGS win again, not to take anything from unaka but the score shouldve and couldve been alot worse.Fumbles will kill any team no matter how thigs are goin and nasty weather will do the same,but there was no way unaka was goin to stop hampton.Hampton had a staggering 444 rushin yards to Unakas 148 total offense. WOW another big ground nite by the DAWGS!!!! GOOD JOB and stay focused on next fri.........

from where i was it looked clear Unaka didnt get a hand on the ball, but it did look like they got to the punter b4 he got the ball off he just did a great job of gettin the kick off, but that play didnt lose the game for Unaka they had a ton of chances to get up about 20 something to 6 early and blew it roughing the kicker definatly didnt decide the game

It was a huge momentum change though. Big games like this are all about momentum. Without them two plays, it would have been a lot closer at the half. I believe Coach McKinney and his staff had a great game plan for this game. They threw the ball really well to start off and then it opened up the running game. The thing that I was even more impressed with was how the Defense stepped up last night. That is really the best they have played all year. Just couldn't stop the QB sweep in the early going and eventually got wore out in the later stages of the game. Kudos to the dogs on a big victory but also a good game for Unaka to build on for the playoffs.

Two plays turned this game around. Unaka was leading 8-6 and appeared to block a punt that goes for a net 10 yards. Hampton doesn't down it and the Unaka player picks it up and runs for a touchdown. The throw a flag late, late, late only after they see the Unaka player is going to score for roughing the kicker. I looked like Unaka got a hand on the kick but everything was so muddy its hard to tell. Then after Hampton goes up 14-8 they kick off and Unaka fails to fall on the kick. That was the backbreaker.

PUJO and his army will lead you to believe that Unaka was never in the game but the unbiased Bulldog faithful know better. They need to give Unaka's quarterback and offensive line credit where credit is due. Considering how many times that tried to throw with field conditions like they were, Hampton only got to him a few times early in the second half. That was corrected after the first drive. Peterson did not take a sack at anytime rolling to his left and one of three sacks was a coverage sack. Unaka dropped five passes that hurt their chances but the difference in the game was Hampton's offensive line versus Unaka's defensive line. I never could understand with Hampton's size why Unaka didn't counter with their bigger defensive front instead of wating until the ball was inside the 10 to do so. The change helped you win against Cloudland. Why not try it some this week against Unicoi and see if it works? It sure can’t hurt.

BS!!! Don't come on here and flatout lie! The flag was thrown as soon as the player run over the punter! Nobody touched the ball and the correct call was made. The only reason the Unaka runner scored is because the Hampton players quit for some reason. I'm not sure if they heard a whistle or quit because of the flag. I will say that Unaka SHOULD have blocked the kick but just missed it. Unaka hung tough and played with a lot of heart. The game could have been a little closer than the score but it also could have been worse. If Unaka would have blocked that kick and not fumbled the ensuing kickoff, things could have been a lot closer. If hampton had not fumbled so much the score could have been a lot worse.

Games that are played in such muddy conditions, you expect fumbles, and dropped passes. Its just comes down to which team adapts and over comes the elements. Hampton adapted reasonably well putting up 444 yards of offence to Unakas 148. I believe if had been dry Hampton would have probably had around 600 yards. Our linemen,and backs had a hard time getting traction, and so did Unaka. I just thought the rain would hurt Unaka more than us, but it didnt. Their QB still threw the ball well to my surprize. Our linemen would have dominated Unaka even worse if they could have keep their feet. Unakas coach knew what he was doing keeping the smaller linemen in. They were quicker of the ball than our men, thats what gave us a little more of a problem. Still good game both ways, but Hampton is just the better team this year. :thumb:

Quick question whats the playoffs matchup looking like so far? Hampton is a shoe in as the #1 seed. Does the winner of Unaka and Cosby advance as the #2 seed just curious of who both teams might have to play any help???

Coach RC

As far as I know, The winner of the Cosby and Unaka game is in,the other team would only have a chance at a wild card.Really doubt they woud qualify. Hard to say who either team might play. From looking at things ,these are the teams I think will be in this Quadrant. Oneida, Hampton, Oliver Springs, Tellico Plains ,I think Rockwood will get a wildcard and the winner of the Cosby, unaka game.