Dobyns-Bennett vs David Crockett

BatmanDB

So whats everybody think, will DB come out ready to play like they did against South or be flat again like they were in Bristol last week. Gotta' get the ball in Steele's hands. Don't know if Swafford will play tonight because he played last night in the freshman game. Anybody know?

I don't think that would matter if we need the young man to play.I think any young man that is ever in a backup roll should "take a look" at just about every year in the past, before he hangs up his cleats.GC will reward the guys that work hard.It may not be where they want to play,or where their dads think they should be playing,but he will reward them.I wish a few of the guys at DB had took a better look this year

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats everybody think, will DB come out ready to play like they did against South or be flat again like they were in Bristol last week. Gotta' get the ball in Steele's hands. Don't know if Swafford will play tonight because he played last night in the freshman game. Anybody know?

I don't think that would matter if we need the young man to play.I think any young man that is ever in a backup roll should "take a look" at just about every year in the past, before he hangs up his cleats.GC will reward the guys that work hard.It may not be where they want to play,or where their dads think they should be playing,but he will reward them.I wish a few of the guys at DB had took a better look this year

Very true. Im sure G. Sensabaugh (Dallas Cowboys) and C. Sensabaugh (Clemson) would of rather played QB or RB for the tribe. But they played where Graham put them and you see where they are today. I don't know where Swafford and Forman will end up playing on varsity but where ever they end up their going to be game breakers. Swafford could be the best open field runner I have seen in this area since Adonis Johnson.

I'm also hearing CS will play--and not from Mr. Ed either. :thumb: I just hope if he does he's close to 100%. We need to get him healthy for the Hill, and hopefully the playoffs. And yes every time I even think the word playoffs this year I instantly hear Jim Mora inside my head--Playoffs?!#$ 2-5 and we're talking about playoffs?@!#.

17-6 DB

Game was hard to watch. Cold, wet, simi-boring, bad player conduct, bad ref's, etc. etc. Sensabaugh & Sumo had about the same amount of yardage I guess. Both got most of their yardage own their on as neither team did much to open any holes. Sensabaugh's two best runs were called back on penilities. One holding penility 20 yards behind the play. (go figure). Seemed like Crockett had the ball twice as long on offense as DB. Don't know about the time of pos. It was a win but nothing to brag about. :roflol:

17-6 DB

Game was hard to watch. Cold, wet, simi-boring, bad player conduct, bad ref's, etc. etc. Sensabaugh & Sumo had about the same amount of yardage I guess. Both got most of their yardage own their on as neither team did much to open any holes. Sensabaugh's two best runs were called back on penilities. One holding penility 20 yards behind the play. (go figure). Seemed like Crockett had the ball twice as long on offense as DB. Don't know about the time of pos. It was a win but nothing to brag about. :roflol:

I thought that was the best Ref. Crew I have seen this year. At least no obviously stupid mistakes, they did just fine. That was a win and standing 3-5, 1st home win of the year... it is a good night for DB Football. Graham got the lead early (10-0) and coached the rest the of the game to hold that lead. DB wins, SH looses, a good night.

That sets up a really interesting night next Friday Night in Johnson City. The Hilltoppers have not beaten the Indians since Graham Clarks' 1st season with the Tribe, 1993. That is the longest winning streak in the Kingsport vs Johnson City Rivalry ever, by a long way, 16 in a Row is where we stand in this series.... WOW!!!

Now, that is motavation enough for the Toppers to beat DB, but let's throw 1 other little factor into this Game.... This is the last time that Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett will play in Memorial Stadium... EVER!!!

They have been playing in that stadium just about since Football started in East Tennessee (1926), and this is the last time EVER. Now 1 other thing.... This is Science Hill's Season Finale, the last time they will ever play a game in Memorial Stadium!!!

That is the kinda stuff that makes High School Football the best Football around... TRADITION!!

LET'S GET IT ON TOPPERS!!

Roll Tribe Roll

Very hard game to watch.

The refs weren't the worse I have seen all year and they were by far not the best I have seen.

Crockett shot themselves in the foot in the second half.

They get the ball to start the second half and they manage to get to the D-B 10 only to be called for a penalty (unsportsmanlike or something along those lines)...that makes it 2nd and 25. They throw a pick on 4th down.

D-B gets the ball. On third and short Crockett is called for something....15 yard penalty. Sensabaugh runs for a 30ish yard gain, another penalty 15 yards, then another penalty...half the distance to the goal line, then D-B runs it in on 3rd or 4th down.

Crockett gets the ball and scores.

D-B goes 3 and out.

Crockett gets the ball and gets called for another penalty inside D-B's 25 yard line. That makes it 3rd and long. Crockett throws another pick.

Crockett had their shot to make it a game but blew it. Poor game management and penalties hurt Crockett bad. dry.gif I know some Crockett fans will blame it on the refs, but we just got beat.

17-6 DB

I thought that was the best Ref. Crew I have seen this year. At least no obviously stupid mistakes, they did just fine. That was a win and standing 3-5, 1st home win of the year... it is a good night for DB Football. Graham got the lead early (10-0) and coached the rest the of the game to hold that lead. DB wins, SH looses, a good night.

That sets up a really interesting night next Friday Night in Johnson City. The Hilltoppers have not beaten the Indians since Graham Clarks' 1st season with the Tribe, 1993. That is the longest winning streak in the Kingsport vs Johnson City Rivalry ever, by a long way, 16 in a Row is where we stand in this series.... WOW!!!

Now, that is motavation enough for the Toppers to beat DB, but let's throw 1 other little factor into this Game.... This is the last time that Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett will play in Memorial Stadium... EVER!!!

They have been playing in that stadium just about since Football started in East Tennessee (1926), and this is the last time EVER. Now 1 other thing.... This is Science Hill's Season Finale, the last time they will ever play a game in Memorial Stadium!!!

That is the kinda stuff that makes High School Football the best Football around... TRADITION!!

LET'S GET IT ON TOPPERS!!

Roll Tribe Roll

"By bad ref's", I was refering to the Crockett player that was ejected from the game then allowed to re-enter later. The ref's explained that they just sent him to the sideline for "a cooling off period" even though they gave the ejection sign on the field. Maybe Im wrong but I think they just made up a new rule all on their own. "A cooling off period"

I thought Sumo was one of the hardest runners I've seen this year, although he really didn't start running hard until the 3rd quarter. We should see him running on Saturdays in the future. Sensabaugh had a very good night, would have been better if penalties behind the play were not called - go figure! The Indians need to eliminate the stupid mistakes they've been making all year which has made them a mediocre team. I know Clark is not happy with this. Come on Indians, let's get it together and put it on the 'Toppers this Friday! ROLL TRIBE!