Alcoa vs. McMinn Central

clintabbott

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Alcoa nailbiter.

Seriously, congratulations to Alcoa. McMinn has some nice athletes and a good team. They will give most of their opponents a difficult time. Alcoa is just at another level, and until you play them, it's hard to get your arms around. I've watched Maryville, Oak Ridge, and Catholic this year and I would take Alcoa over all 3 6-A teams.

It was nice to see BC, APB, and Faceforradio tonight. I always enjoy the atmosphere, and as usual the band burgers were great! :roflol: See you guys in Betsy. :?:

Alcoa is the best team in the state and if they stay focused and play every game to their fullest potential then I do not see them being challenged by anyone in the playoffs. They should roll to a 6th consecutive state title. Next week's CAK game could be the biggest remaining test for Alcoa and the Tornadoes will still likely be favored to win by 4-5 touchdowns.

Good game Alcoa. Central boys had few penalties and didn't loose the football. Defense did force Alcoa to punt 3-4 times, two fumbles, and Central recovered one of the fumbles. But the offense couldn't get the ball down the field and points on the board. Alcoa is very well coached. They are a good group of players.

I liked seeing the players congrates each other. Meaning I seen some of the Alcoa players tap a Central player for a good play or attempt at a play. A couple Central players reached their hand to help an Alcoa player up. Great sportmanship.

One really bad call. Wouldn't of really changed the game. But Godfrey's punt to the 7 yard line did hit the foot of the Alcoa player and when Central recovered the ball, Alcoa was still given the ball.

GO CHARGERS get ready for next week.