Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

"We could definitily compete with Alcoa! Beating them I do not know but we could for sure compete"

powerp,

This is the by far the most idiotic post on the entire thread so far, this makes me feel like a champ now because if you seriously believe that SP could hold a flame to Alcoa :thumb::lol::blink: you have got to the biggest, most misinformed, band wagin riding, moron in the history of HS football :lol: ..."Exhale"... Polk might keep it closer than I thought after all!!!!

Coach J - if you will notice the quote is from powerp not from me - I live in Maryville, I know what Alcoa can do! If people want to compete with Alcoa they need to play them- two Blount County teams refuse to schedule them- so they are always trying to find teams to fill out their schedule. They've gone out of state twice in the last four years and will do so again next year.

I apologize sir, read it wrong.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well time for the south pitt fans to eat that ever so delicious humble pie.... We won and we didnt only win we beat the refs that was the worst officiating I have ever seen in my life. But a wins a win i will be kicking it with some of the players later I think it is pretty safe to say 10-0?

10-0, no doubt. Meigs made it only as far as their own 40, had only 2 first downs and 29 yards in nearly 3 quarters against the starting defense in their Thursday night game. They play hard but it will be a long night against Polk.

Ok, if I had a dollar for every time a Pitt player lay on the ground rolling around, got up limping, or bent over with their hands on their knees I would retire @ 40. Yes it was a great game in the end but seriously.......get off your backs quit gazing into the sky and man up.

Now dear Mr.Power P:

Power P was a confident boy using the Pirate Rule to be his ploy.

But his plans were derailed and his hopes were smashed as Mr.TRob was knocked on his.... umm sash.

The night was not looking so nice unlike he had said as the SlowPolk team dumped him on his head.

Pirate rule!! Pirate Rule!!!! Was far from the cheer as it was 27-0 at the half had them saying "O dear!"

It came into a game as the second half erupted but he ended up face down as #30 helped get his chin strap was adjusted.

Pirate's who? Speedline what? Um I believe a 34 in the visitor score was just the perfect spot.

Sorry bout your luck and I commend your late game drives but your just an average team, at least in my eyes....... :thumb:

Polk played well in both halves, but SP played well also. For those of you that said SP just didn't play well in the first half don't forget POLk had a lot to do with that. Hit them very hard, OUT RAN them and had Sp was talking to themselves. The second half: remember POLK had 2 touchdowns called back in the second half which by count would be 46 or 48 (depending on pats). Yes SP make some good haltime adjustments but Polk would have scored 4 each half if not for the "flags". I overheard several SP fans after the game comment that they hadn't been hit that hard in a long time. If memory serves me turnovers were even, POlk had more penalities. So to sum this up NO EXCUSES , dry field included. SP should ban powerp from ever posting on this board again, as he supplies way to much bulliten board material. :roflol:

Coach J,

Glad you guys could hold off the mediocre 1A Pirates. You should think more of your team. Obviously a very well coached team with great sportmanship. I want to commend #71 who at one point in the game walked about 15 yards away from his team and helped Mr. Robinson up off the turf. Bar none the best game either team will see all year. You came away with a win from here but I know there feeling it and will be for a few days.GO PIRATES :roflol:

Hey South Pitt...

good luck with that whole competing with Alcoa thing! hahahhah :roflol:

I still say we could....If Alcoa plays a horrible first half like we did with turnovers and gets down to Polk 27-0 then they will get beat to...not taking away anything from Polk at all but just simply stating....If ya play a bad half its hard to recover...And one thing I liked about Polk....When they hit they hit...I still can not figure why we changed defenses tonight though

What makes you think the defense was changed??

What a great game this should be. We kindly welcome Polk County to the Pitt but once the whistle blows, you better strap those helmets on tight because the kindness ends...

Do you actually think the Polk County players are scared of SP? Let me tell you playing 3 years and knowing almost all of the players, they aren't scared of anybody. If a football player is actually scared of any team, he shouldn't be on the bus trip down. Yes, they respect SP and know what caliber team they are. Heck, outside of this Friday I'm always pulling for SP. Win or loss PC is gonna come and give their all.

Good cause if they do not come to play it could get ugly....Buckle them chin straps...our players like to hit :roflol:

did your trainer get fatigued??????? chin straps from polk county tight as ever

Old Pirate says 1st Congrats to the Wildcats on the win. 2nd congrats to the Pirates for playing with pride, determination and an unwillingness to quit. :roflol:

Any fans has to love the way this game was played. Anyone is attendance at this game had to appreciate the efforts by both these teams. Parents of any player on either team has a right to awlfully proud. The larger stronger Wildcats dominated the 1st half and the battle was won by the fellers in the trenches. Offensively the RBs for Polk ran tuff and were very difficult to bring down. Offensively the Pirates became predictible after falling behind early. Dad burnit....OP can't remember when the Pirates were down so bad at the half.

OP does not like to plant a bulls eye on any player but....As for you fellers that bash Terrell and his play must surely be suffering from a recent skillet slinger attack. With his team behind and obviously in unchartered waters with everyone knowing what to expect he stepped up & performed far better than any individual on the field. Terrell lead his team on a comeback that coulda, woulda been the biggest comeback by a team in this OP's memory. ( Jest knows some you fellers would be disappointed if no coulda-wouldas were mentioned). This is one OP and futeball fan that says congrats on a terrific game. :thumb: The SP receivers failed to make key receptions that ultimately caused the possiblity of a comeback to fail.

OP posted earlier the Pirates should score 4 tds on most teams, which they did tonite and a team would need to score 30 to be a position to win, and Polk scored 34 while setting the pace. Purt near sure that is a fair statement.

The Wildcats earned a hard fought win against a quality Pirate team. The Wildcats will be a force in 3A and the Pirates will heal in time and continue on a fine season and certainly be a force in 1A.

Both teams should be proud of their accomplishments with bigger goals yet to come.

Perhaps some SP fans have taken the rose colored glasses off.......nah theys true skillet heads.....

In reply to; 1994Pirate, TheTruthPrevails, PiRaTe._.MiKe, spfan24, piratetom, SEVEN, jwcardin (who's still crying over the beating we gave the Chargers), and the Pirate pole-smoker powerp;

How does it feel to eat all that crow? I normally would try and comment on a few remarks some of you made but due to the number of the obnoxious and idiotic post I cannot cover them all. The truth is Polk came out and shoved it down your throat for 3 quarters and the score could have been 34-0 but the one TD was called back. I also noticed that the "SLOW POLKS" outran some of the Pirates on three of the touchdowns and the one that was called back was for about 40yds. from our QB (who by the 3rd quarter was suppose to be wishing he was still on the bus) not too bad for "Polk SLUGS"!

What I didn't notice was the Speedway or the sounds of those F16's you know the ones that fly bye and you never see...come to think of it I never saw any black and orange jersey's come racing by either. I guess they forgot they were going to win by 3-4 TD's or the "Pirate Rule" did you keyboard coach's forget to email them the game plan :thumb::roflol:

PiRaTe._.MiKe quote-" Now as far as Polk's offense they appeared pretty good with some quickness at the QB. I noticed he never got hit though, mostly brushed off tacklers. I think his quickness will last for a quarter, but by the end of the second quarter he will begin to lose his mojo. In the 3rd quarter he will wish he never got off the bus. Every QB we have played has been slow to get up by the end of the 3rd quarter." #12 was never slow to get up... I can't say that for some of your guys especially after he slammed #90 and T-Rob on a couple of plays.

Now for the other South Pitt. fan's and players. I would like to say that you guys have a great team with a ton of athletes and T-Rob is one heck of a QB and I love the way he throws a football. The game was everything a fan could want both teams hitting hard and playing with heart and pride! Good luck down the road and bring home another state title! :thumb:

"We could definitily compete with Alcoa! Beating them I do not know but we could for sure compete"

powerp,

I tell ya what...after we whoop Polk tonight...and then however bad Alcoa whoops them in the playoffs we will compare scores :roflol: My blood runs orange and black and I am very smart when it comes to football and not every year....but years like this we could compete with Alcoa...like I said...if Jasper can compete so can we and notice I said COMPETE and not WIN....Now yall get that in your heads!!

omghaha-1.gif

Now go back to the Class A boards.