If the Playoffs started today in 3A After Week 8

Gerry Bertier

Every week leading up to the playoffs I will try and do this. I just did the standings as is. I did not predict anything that hasn't happened. Here you go.

East Quad

1. Elizabethon

8. Piegon Forge

4. Sullivan North

5. Cumberland Gap

3. Gatlinburg Pittman

6. Johnson Co.

2. West Greene

7. Happy Valley

Mid-East Quad

1. Alcoa

7. York Inst.

4. CAK

5. McMinn Central

3. Austin-East

6. Loudon

2. Polk Co.

8. Kingston

Mid-West

1. Bledsoe Co.

7. Cannon Co.

4. East Literature

5. Tyner

3. Goodpasture

6. Sequathchie Co.

2. Smith Co.

8. Pearl Cohn

West

1.Camden

8. Westview

4. Fairview

5. BTW

3. Manassas

6. Stewart Co.

2. Milan

7. Lewis Co.

Remember teams are split geographically up and down, and then there can not be 1st round district re-matches.

What is your logic on the mid west Quad i have something way diffrent. Im just saying lets compare not saying your an Idiot by no means. I may be the one not getting something but as i have it Bledsoe, and Goodpasture does have there district locked up.Smith has to win there final game to win their district. Also, Sequatchie sitting at 5-3 has 2nd locked up in there district. Tyner has to beat Brainerd to finish second in theirs if not they are upper half. if Cannon finishes their District with a 3 way tie they will finish upper half also. East lit, if i understand could be wrong as to win both of there remaining games to finish at least second in their district. Pear-Cohn is in the same boat as East lit. One of those is going to get in as upper half the other as wild card. So this is how i have it now.

1.Bledsoe vs 8. East lit ( could easliy be higher)

4.Seq Co vs 5. Cannon ( Currently has best overall record with upper half teams)

3 Smith Co vs 6 Tyner ( Abover pearl cohn and East Lit because of quality wins)

2.Goodpasture vs 7 Pearl Cohn

Seeds 5-8 could easliy change because alot of district play is left between those teams. IMO seeds 1-4 are almost set except Smith and Goodpasture could switch.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every week leading up to the playoffs I will try and do this. I just did the standings as is. I did not predict anything that hasn't happened. Here you go.

Mid-East Quad

1. Alcoa

7. York Inst.

4. CAK

5. McMinn Central

3. Austin-East

6. Loudon

2. Polk Co.

8. Kingston

I know that I for one would rather see this happen :roflol:

1. Alcoa

7. York Inst. or Tyner

4. Austin-East

5. Loudon

3. CAK

6. McMinn Central

2. Polk

8. Kingston

based on records it would seem CAK would get a 3 seed over A-E, But I also know that A-E is the top dog in their district :roflol:

East Quad

1. Elizabethon

8. Piegon Forge

4. Sullivan North

5. Cumberland Gap

3. Gatlinburg Pittman

6. Johnson Co.

2. West Greene

7. Happy Valley

Mid-East Quad

1. Alcoa

7. York Inst.

4. CAK

5. McMinn Central

3. Austin-East

6. Loudon

2. Polk Co.

8. Kingston

Mid-West

1. Bledsoe Co.

7. Cannon Co.

4. East Literature

5. Tyner

3. Goodpasture

6. Sequathchie Co.

2. Smith Co.

8. Pearl Cohn

West

1.Camden

8. Westview

4. Fairview

5. BTW

3. Manassas

6. Stewart Co.

2. Milan

7. Lewis Co.

Remember teams are split geographically up and down, and then there can not be 1st round district re-matches.

What is your logic on the mid west Quad i have something way diffrent. Im just saying lets compare not saying your an Idiot by no means. I may be the one not getting something but as i have it Bledsoe, and Goodpasture does have there district locked up.Smith has to win there final game to win their district. Also, Sequatchie sitting at 5-3 has 2nd locked up in there district. Tyner has to beat Brainerd to finish second in theirs if not they are upper half. if Cannon finishes their District with a 3 way tie they will finish upper half also. East lit, if i understand could be wrong as to win both of there remaining games to finish at least second in their district. Pear-Cohn is in the same boat as East lit. One of those is going to get in as upper half the other as wild card. So this is how i have it now.

1.Bledsoe vs 8. East lit ( could easliy be higher)

4.Seq Co vs 5. Cannon ( Currently has best overall record with upper half teams)

3 Smith Co vs 6 Tyner ( Abover pearl cohn and East Lit because of quality wins)

2.Goodpasture vs 7 Pearl Cohn

Seeds 5-8 could easliy change because alot of district play is left between those teams. IMO seeds 1-4 are almost set except Smith and Goodpasture could switch.

I guess he won't call you an idiot either...but he is correct in the seeding. He said...as it stands after week 8...not what anyone thinks will happen. Applying the guidelines for seeding...he is correct in the quad you listed. It can...and will..likely change somewhat...but the qualifiers in that quad should stand.

Mid-East Quad

1. Alcoa

7. York Inst.

4. CAK

5. McMinn Central

3. Austin-East

6. Loudon

2. Polk Co.

8. Kingston

I know that I for one would rather see this happen :roflol:

1. Alcoa

7. York Inst. or Tyner

4. Austin-East

5. Loudon

3. CAK

6. McMinn Central

2. Polk

8. Kingston

based on records it would seem CAK would get a 3 seed over A-E, But I also know that A-E is the top dog in their district :roflol:

Ron, no worries! No disrespect intended, the poster has done a phenomenol job, but while his pairings are likely correct (based on projected quadrant lines) the placement in the quad is incorrect for the East Middle quad. CAK is a guaranteed 2nd in district placement, which will put them in the 3rd pairing, not the second, still facing McMinn. If CAK was fortunate enough to win that game, they would face the winner of Polk vs Kingston. (I'm not guessing on the placement.)

Understand, that AE will be a higher seed as they are 1st in their district and CAK is 2nd, and quads will have all ones first. But, the way the quad is layed out is primarily based on how many teams from the same district are in a quad. CAK will be a 4 or 5 depending on how CAK and McMinn finish up. But CAK's placement within the quad is already determined. (3rd pairing, with Alcoa in 1st pairing.)

If you want to see for yourself go to http://tssaa.org/training/classificatio ... tation.htm

Start listening at the 18:00 minute mark and listen through the 19:50 mark.

If you really want to read further explanation, see my post at the bottom of the page on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=201261&start=60

The match-ups and seedings would not change in the mid-east quad, just that they would be placed one pairing down. Seedings will remain the same for the purpose of a possible later meeting between Austin East and CAK because AE would have the home-field advantage if that happen. I forgot the TSSAA changed that so that 2 top teams from a district would not meet until the quarters.

On the issue of location, the TSSAA said Geography will determine where teams go. Jamestown is clearly East of Tyner. It doesn't matter about time zones. This is the only way to be consistent with this new system. York will go East.

Here is your answer to your 5A Quad.

Morristown West would be 2 because they are considered the # 1 team from their district, Crockett would have to be # 8 because they are a wild card. Remember the seeding goes # 1's first, then # 2's, #3's, then WC.

1. Tennessee

7. Seymour

4. Morristown East

6. Boone

3. Sullivan South

5. Powell

2. Morristown West

8. Crockett

Tyner,

The automatic byes are being done in 1a and 2a only because 24 teams are making the playoffs. In 3a and above we have our normal 32 teams.

Deer Hunter,

Teams are seeded based on their placement in their district not on their overall record. Fairview and BTW would be their districts # 1 seed. Stewart Co. would be their districts # 2 seed. So teams are seeded based on district placement, then by overall wins, and so on. Hope that explains it.

Ron, no worries! No disrespect intended, the poster has done a phenomenol job, but while his pairings are likely correct (based on projected quadrant lines) the placement in the quad is incorrect for the East Middle quad. CAK is a guaranteed 2nd in district placement, which will put them in the 3rd pairing, not the second, still facing McMinn. If CAK was fortunate enough to win that game, they would face the winner of Polk vs Kingston. (I'm not guessing on the placement.)

Understand, that AE will be a higher seed as they are 1st in their district and CAK is 2nd, and quads will have all ones first. But, the way the quad is layed out is primarily based on how many teams from the same district are in a quad. CAK will be a 4 or 5 depending on how CAK and McMinn finish up. But CAK's placement within the quad is already determined. (3rd pairing, with Alcoa in 1st pairing.)

If you want to see for yourself go to http://tssaa.org/training/classificatio ... tation.htm

Start listening at the 18:00 minute mark and listen through the 19:50 mark.

If you really want to read further explanation, see my post at the bottom of the page on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=201261&start=60

Thanks, GVK I have seen the light :roflol:If this bracket holds up then Alcoa would play Tyner, winner of Loudon A-E, then probably winner of CAK-Polk...that would be a pretty good three game stretch for the ole F5

I knew that but I thought that it was #1 of the whole district. So is it #1 of just that classification? If three teams are 3-7, 2-8, and say 0-10 and finish in the bottom of their district by the guidelines the 3-7 team would get a home game for being the number one seed in their class over a team that finishes 7-3 or 8-2 ye number 2 in their classification?