Is Alcoa the best team in any Classification?

a-town1408

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa could/would beat ANY team in the sate of Tennessee !!

WRONG!!!! I went and watched MUS out of Memphis last night. They're currently ranked #17 in the nation and have a QB headed to West Virginia next year. Their RB's are EXTREMELY quick and their WR's make some unbelievable catches. Their players aren't that big, but all of them are quick. MUS also has no players going both ways which is amazing for a team that good. MUS reminds me of Maryville, except alot better.

I don't know if you could consider Alcoa the best in any classification but I do know this for sure - Alcoa would give any team in the state a good game. Alcoa's team is impressive and dynamic so they should be considered one of the best, if not the best. This team is well disciplined and well coached. The players offer some of the best in the entire state. At this time I would like to recognize the offensive and defensive lineman of Alcoa who make it possible for us to dominate.........they are the unsung heros of this team. GO TORNADOS

I'm going to have to agree with gcpioneer. MUS just executes on a level that's unheard of in highschool football.

For MUS to be such a small team, they're very impressive. Their defensive backs are head hunters and nearly took a couple heads off against Christian Brothers last night. MUS won the game last night 38-14 and were trailing 14-10 at the half. MUS scored 28 points in 5 minutes in the start of the 3rd quarter. It was absolutely unbelievable. Christian Brothers is no slouch either. They have several D1 athletes on their team as well. MUS's QB is headed to West Virginia next year and is as good as advertised. His name is Barry Brunetti, so watch for that name at West Virginia in a couple of years!

I like the F5's chances against a team like.... maybe...Cannon Co?

Nice try poser ....now back to the woods with ya!

BTW...you said....Oakland.

recruiting was a source of talent at riverdale when the previous coach was there, sure that doesn't go on at Alcoa......especially when such a large company is in the area.

horse.gif

GC....

Having seen both Alcoa and MUS play this season how do you think that would play out, score-wise ??

What do you think about that facility MUS plays in ??....Nice, huh ??

MUS went into Mississippi and beat both Olive Branch and South Panola, two pretty good football programs...

I believe MUS would beat Alcoa in the range of 14-21 points. Barry Brunetti is absolutely the real deal. The thing is, he was playing with a pulled groin muscle the other night and still nailing his passes right where they needed to be. Barry Brunetti is nothing other than another Pat White (former West Virginia QB) at the high school level. He's very impressive. There was some folks behind me that said Barry Brunetti will probably be the best QB to come out of the city in Memphis in about 20-25 years! Another thing that impressed me about MUS, they have NO players going both ways. To be that good and have no players at all going both ways is absolutely amazing. MUS's RB's will also both be two D1 football players as well. They were both quicker than Jaron Toney from Alcoa and they would lower their head and run over you if needed. MUS has already been featured on the high school showcase that ESPN does against South Panola where they won 21-19. Needless to say, Brunetti went off in that game as well.