Is Alcoa the best team in any Classification?

a-town1408

I would like to see a MUS vs Alcoa game set up for 2011 & 2012 B)

No doubt! Alcoa would not have to travel out of the state to find games! :D

I'm sure Alcoa would accept the invitation to MUS. We will need to fill a couple of games in 2011. Howard and Fulton's 2 year agreement will run out. Those games will be up in the air. The Kentucky bowl agreement will also end next year. So that's three games in 2011 that we will need to fill. BCS I have a feeling the 6a schools will run a hide from us. Maybe someone will step up but I tend to believe we will have to get at least 1 maybe two games out of state. The so called big boys won't schedule us. B) Except of course the Maryville Rebels. Did I mention they were rated #2 in 6A. :huh:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a MUS vs Alcoa game set up for 2011 & 2012

No doubt! Alcoa would not have to travel out of the state to find games!

I'm sure Alcoa would accept the invitation to MUS. We will need to fill a couple of games in 2011. Howard and Fulton's 2 year agreement will run out. Those games will be up in the air. The Kentucky bowl agreement will also end next year. So that's three games in 2011 that we will need to fill. BCS I have a feeling the 6a schools will run a hide from us. Maybe someone will step up but I tend to believe we will have to get at least 1 maybe two games out of state. The so called big boys won't schedule us. Except of course the Maryville Rebels. Did I mention they were rated #2 in 6A. :huh:

Yep. I remember when DII McCallie stepped up in `2005 and `2006 and played Alcoa. Those where McCallie's good years with the `ol Coach and TN's #1 QB BJ Coleman. How did that turn out for them?? :D For some reason McCallie would not renew the games! B) I believe Riverdale was the #1 team in 5A and lost to the same McCallie Team, Alcoa beat that year B)

Memphis football?...... B)

Is Alcoa a public/private school?...can anyone in east Tennessee go to Alcoa? Is this fair to the "what gets off the yellow bus" schools in the rest of the state?

Alcoa is a public school. They players are kids who either "get off the yellow bus" and those who choose to pay the tuition fee to get into the school system.

Yes it is fair that kids choose to go to Alcoa.

Alcoa beat Maryville 41-24

Maryville beat Farragut 35-32

Riverdale beat Farragut 20-17 + Riverdale beat Smyrna 30-27 + Riverdale beat Oakland 13-10

ALL 3 OF THOSE SCORES IN RIVERDALE'S FAVOR WERE SIMILAR MARGAINS OF VICTORY..........THAT IS NOT JUST A COINCIDENCE :roflol:

Enswroth beat Oakland 22-20 + Ensworth beat Smyrna 36-34 (rallied to win both games)

AGAIN..........BOTH OF THOSE SCORES IN ENSWORTH'S FAVOR WERE SIMILAR MARGAINS OF VICTORY..........COINCIDENCE????? dry.gif

The simple math in all of these cases proves that Maryville, Riverdale, & Ensworth are ALL very similar football teams. The common scores from all of those games have the EXACT SAME margains of victory. That proves the fact!

Alcoa beat Maryville senseless (without throwing the football). They could do the exact same to Riverdale & Ensworth if they played either of them. Just look at the stats I have given from common games to get your answer folks..........ALCOA IS THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE STATE!!!!!

All of the score comparisons are very interesting - math and all- and compelling, but it doesn't change the fact that Alcoa is not the best team in the state.

Memphis University School, however, is. Since you are into math, add this up:

MUS beat South Panola High at Soth Panola - telivised on ESPNU. Why would ESPNU televise the game? Simply because SP has had 23 players from their team play in the SEC, ACC, BIG TEN, Or Big 12 in the last 7 years. We aren't talking just D-1, we are talking the best of the best. They had not lost a game at home since 2001, and have been ranked as high as 7th in the entire country. MUS broke that streak.

Then, Olive Branch, Mississippi's second best 6A team, who has 4 SEC commits already this year got beat by MUS at Olive Branch 2 weeks later.

MUS has the state's best QB, and 2 RB's who's offer list is ridiculous. They play in a stadium that would make many small colleges jealous and destroy everyone that comes to visit.

Now, frankly, I don't like MUS. They recruit like crazy and it starts in the 7th grade. So, I'm not MUS homering at all. But, Alcoa would be a 20 point loser to them. Be happy that you will probably win another state title and quit claiming what you can't back up.

Just because MUS beat 1 TEAM does not make them the best. Alcoa has just as big of an argument there as does MUS

GCPioneer, I didn't say Alcoa was better than MUS. I just stated that they wouldn't get beat by 17-21 points to them like you did. Believe it or not I know football pretty well too my friend. Maybe you didn't appreciate the way the Blount County (Alcoa-Maryville) teams play football. In case you didn't notice the Maryville Rebels are ranked #2 in 6A. Bell County Ky is ranked #2 in 4A. Alcoa beat both of these teams decisively. Also if you look at Memphis football the last ten years and compare the teams to just the Knoxville area teams you will find better teams overall in this area. Of course that's my opinion. You might have a different take on it I'm sure but Blount County alone the last 5 years has more championships in football than the whole city of Memphis the last decade. Let's not get into basketball. That's a totally different conversation.

Ohhh yeah GCP, I do remember you comparing Kendahl Harper to Randall Cobb their senior season. I'll leave it at that. Also what did you think of our fullback(Tyson)? Him and Toney make for an interesting clash between power and finesse.

I'M TELLING YOU, MUS IS BETTER THAN ALCOA!!! BELIEVE IT OR NOT! I've seen both of the teams play and MUS is decisively better than Alcoa! There is a reason why they are ranked #14 in the COUNTRY!

I like the way Alcoa and Maryville play. I didn't drive 6 hours for the heck of it! The people we sat around from Alcoa were friendly and humble about their team. I'm being unbiased on this subject and giving my straight up opinion and you can't accept the fact that a team is actually better than your team. You talk about how Alcoa has beaten a 4A school and a 6A school. Well, MUS has beaten 2 nationally ranked powerhouses out of Mississippi (South Panola and Olive Branch), but you have ignored that fact.

The FB and RB for Alcoa are great backs, don't get me wrong. However, MUS's stable of backs are better. MUS's RB's are 2 high profile RB's that will play major D1 football somewhere. Your approach on me comparing Kendal and Randall 2-3 years ago goes to prove that you have nothing else to use against me on THIS subject besides the fact I compared Randall and Kendal 2 years ago.

Alcoa is a great team, but they are honestly not the best team in the state through classifications. I would say Oakland, Riverdale, Franklin, Brentwood, Blackman, Henry Co. are all most likely better with the former more likely than the later. BUT I know FOR SURE that Ensworth and MUS would hammer Alcoa. Especially MUS who could probably even beat a college team and Ensworth who is right on their tails. You might be the best in your world but when you come to play with the big boys you get smashed.

Alcoa is a great team, but they are honestly not the best team in the state through classifications. I would say Oakland, Riverdale, Franklin, Brentwood, Blackman, Henry Co. are all most likely better with the former more likely than the later. BUT I know FOR SURE that Ensworth and MUS would hammer Alcoa. Especially MUS who could probably even beat a college team and Ensworth who is right on their tails. You might be the best in your world but when you come to play with the big boys you get smashed.

Whoa whoa, while I agree that MUS is probably the most complete high school team in state, it's ludicrous to suggest the Owl's would even compete with a D-1 university.

Alcoa has a fine football team and in my opinion is one of the top 3 teams in the state, along with Ensworth and MUS. I think an Alcoa/Ensworth game would be an excellent contest as they share similar styles and strengths, though I give Alcoa a slight advantage due to the fact Ensworth doesn't have a kicking game. The Tornadoes would have a more difficult time planning for MUS, as the Owl's can do it all. They rush and pass with equal skill and have special teams play that is more than adequate. The defense is smallish at the line, but play extremely disciplined football, and have held several of the best backs in the South(Keyshaun Shipp,Nicholas Parker,Jonathan Brown) to modest days. I'm sure it would be a one heck of a ball game, but I believe MUS would come away the victor.

Whoa whoa, while I agree that MUS is probably the most complete high school team in state, it's ludicrous to suggest the Owl's would even compete with a D-1 university.

Alcoa has a fine football team and in my opinion is one of the top 3 teams in the state, along with Ensworth and MUS. I think an Alcoa/Ensworth game would be an excellent contest as they share similar styles and strengths, though I give Alcoa a slight advantage due to the fact Ensworth doesn't have a kicking game. The Tornadoes would have a more difficult time planning for MUS, as the Owl's can do it all. They rush and pass with equal skill and have special teams play that is more than adequate. The defense is smallish at the line, but play extremely disciplined football, and have held several of the best backs in the South(Keyshaun Shipp,Nicholas Parker,Jonathan Brown) to modest days. I'm sure it would be a one heck of a ball game, but I believe MUS would come away the victor.

BigSneaky........I think your right. That's what I think too. No way MUS beats Alcoa by 20 points as the Gibson County boy suggested! He can type in all caps all he wants.......but I will continue to believe Alcoa can play them tight! :blink: