Is Alcoa the best team in any Classification?

a-town1408

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VolFan5 - It's the ALCOA fans who are claiming they're the best. It's up to Alcoa to schedule the games to prove it. Alcoa should ask Ensworth for a game, not the other way around. You know darn well it won't happen. As a previous poster said, Rankin is the architect of "the split" and won't ever schedule a DIIAA team, you can count on it. This year Alcoa and Ensworth were looking for a game for the same weekend. Alcoa chose to try to schedule Franklin Road Academy, a little DIIA team they could beat up on. And those are facts, Jack, not lies. You can look at the schedules and see who plays whom, year after year. Don't try that tired old cliche that "we try, but nobody will play us."

AlcoasPaintedBridge - You continue to flatter yourself. Not once have I compared Alcoa to MUS - you and plenty of others have. The only ones who have any credibility are those few who actually have seen both teams play, and they're unanimous in their opinion, aren't they??? Since I have not seen Alcoa play, I have kept my opinion to myself. I know the 2 teams are among the best 5 or so in the state. That suffices for me and MOST fans. Keep things in context. I responded to your claim that "the F5 has proved that they can play with the best of DII." You have cited NO current evidence of that. Now you claim you have beaten two #1s in higher classifications. I'm mystified by that one also. Maryville and ??? And your assertion that all but one of your opponents made the playoffs - so what??? Dozens of teams with losing records made the playoffs! Get over it! Just enjoy watching your team play!

If you continue kissing yourself on your behind, you might hurt your back....

OwlBuster- I got a fairly strong back and good insurance, no need for you to worry about me.

You told me not to talk about the past and I didn't.

Your simple mind must have forgot that we beat KY 4A power and top ranked Bell Co. way back in Week 0.

So that would be two teams.

You just keep scratching out those checks to the Owls and enjoy your 13 game schedule, the fact that you keep responding to me personally just boosts my ego that much more.

MUS is the Nouveau Riche of D2, as a matter of fact I never heard of you before the public/private split.

I think there was one title in there somewhere, but that was in Class 2A if I am not mistaken. (Oops.)

VolFan5 - It's the ALCOA fans who are claiming they're the best. It's up to Alcoa to schedule the games to prove it. Alcoa should ask Ensworth for a game, not the other way around. You know darn well it won't happen. As a previous poster said, Rankin is the architect of "the split" and won't ever schedule a DIIAA team, you can count on it. This year Alcoa and Ensworth were looking for a game for the same weekend. Alcoa chose to try to schedule Franklin Road Academy, a little DIIA team they could beat up on. And those are facts, Jack, not lies. You can look at the schedules and see who plays whom, year after year. Don't try that tired old cliche that "we try, but nobody will play us."

I believe Alcoa's athletic director would know if Ensworth was wanting to schedule us but he didn't. When you want to schedule a game with Alcoa you talk with the AD. I'm sure he would also consult with the head coach. That did not happen in this case. Therefore I have to believe it didn't happen at all. What would make me think other wise?? I wished this thread would have never been started.

OwlBuster- I got a fairly strong back and good insurance, no need for you to worry about me.

You told me not to talk about the past and I didn't.

Your simple mind must have forgot that we beat KY 4A power and top ranked Bell Co. way back in Week 0.

So that would be two teams.

You just keep scratching out those checks to the Owls and enjoy your 13 game schedule, the fact that you keep responding to me personally just boosts my ego that much more.

MUS is the Nouveau Riche of D2, as a matter of fact I never heard of you before the public/private split.

I think there was one title in there somewhere, but that was in Class 2A if I am not mistaken. (Oops.)

all I can say is...that Crompton clip honestly has me laughing out loud. That's the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Open zones make Alcoa just like the privates that play in Div 1--neither offers scholarships to athletes but both can bring in kids from anywhere. I believe Alcoa plays by the rules and I know we do--but---we have a multiplier attached to every kid in our school so that we get classified as having enrollment of 720 when we have 400. So, Alcoa is playing by the rules and so are we but we get moved up because we are a private, but Alcoa and other public schools like them have the same "advantage" as we do without the penalty. This is no critic of Alcoa--great program--it is a critic of a silly and wrong-headed TSSAA rule. If you want to level the playing field, if you have open zones, then you ought to have to accept the multiplier too--Why isn't that fair?

Re Alcoa being the best--they are darn good and I've watched 6A teams in East TN. Two great and realistic match ups that I'd like to see -Alcoa vs Mville rematch--Quarles at the end of the year is better than at the begining and Alcoa vs my alma mater-RedBank--4a school that to me matches up well with Alcoa. Instead, I'll just hope our Warriors can manage to beat MCentral tomorrow (looks like a great match up) and then we'll charge the Alcoa hill once again. Someday boys, someday!

Open zones make Alcoa just like the privates that play in Div 1--neither offers scholarships to athletes but both can bring in kids from anywhere. I believe Alcoa plays by the rules and I know we do--but---we have a multiplier attached to every kid in our school so that we get classified as having enrollment of 720 when we have 400. So, Alcoa is playing by the rules and so are we but we get moved up because we are a private, but Alcoa and other public schools like them have the same "advantage" as we do without the penalty. This is no critic of Alcoa--great program--it is a critic of a silly and wrong-headed TSSAA rule. If you want to level the playing field, if you have open zones, then you ought to have to accept the multiplier too--Why isn't that fair?

Re Alcoa being the best--they are darn good and I've watched 6A teams in East TN. Two great and realistic match ups that I'd like to see -Alcoa vs Mville rematch--Quarles at the end of the year is better than at the begining and Alcoa vs my alma mater-RedBank--4a school that to me matches up well with Alcoa. Instead, I'll just hope our Warriors can manage to beat MCentral tomorrow (looks like a great match up) and then we'll charge the Alcoa hill once again. Someday boys, someday!

Add the multiplier to Alcoa. We don't care. Alcoa is the second smallest school in 3A now. The multiplier would just make Alcoa one of the largest school in 3A............ :D Bring it whiners! :D

This thread, like many others is getting ridiculous. I am from Alcoa, and I never miss a game. But, I too, am tired of getting on CoachT and seeing someone bring up Alcoa on EVERY thread...and some of the stuff said is just childish! However, it is obvious that many of these stupid Alcoa posts are from kids that are just being kids. It is a high school sport played by kids! I believe some of the posts about Alcoa being too cocky and things like that are stemming from posts they are reading from students. It does sound like it is starting to give the Alcoa team and family a bit of a bad rep but those who know more about this team and family know its not true. I wished the students would see the negative publicity we are getting from some of the posts...but once again, they are kids having a good time and mean no harm. The funny part of this whole thing is all of the "ADULTS" that are on here arguing back and forth with them. This thread was started asking a legit question that someone was wanting opinions on...it has turned into a mess and I am surprised it is still going. As far as Alcoa being the best teams in the state regardless of class: its hard to tell. If we play like we did against Loudon(no disrespect to them...they played hard and had a great gameplan) I would say we would have a hard time beating MUS(and I never even heard of them till last few years), Maryville, Farragut, Riverdale, and several others. If we played like we did against Maryville and Bell Co, I would say that we could hold our own and have a chance to beat anyone in the state. Alcoa is very good and I would have to say is probably 1 of the top 5 teams in the state. Take out MUS, and I'd say everyone else, we would have a very good chance to beat. Good luck to everyones respectful team in the playoffs.