Is Alcoa the best team in any Classification?

a-town1408

This thread, like many others is getting ridiculous. I am from Alcoa, and I never miss a game. But, I too, am tired of getting on CoachT and seeing someone bring up Alcoa on EVERY thread...and some of the stuff said is just childish! However, it is obvious that many of these stupid Alcoa posts are from kids that are just being kids. It is a high school sport played by kids! I believe some of the posts about Alcoa being too cocky and things like that are stemming from posts they are reading from students. It does sound like it is starting to give the Alcoa team and family a bit of a bad rep but those who know more about this team and family know its not true. I wished the students would see the negative publicity we are getting from some of the posts...but once again, they are kids having a good time and mean no harm. The funny part of this whole thing is all of the "ADULTS" that are on here arguing back and forth with them. This thread was started asking a legit question that someone was wanting opinions on...it has turned into a mess and I am surprised it is still going. As far as Alcoa being the best teams in the state regardless of class: its hard to tell. If we play like we did against Loudon(no disrespect to them...they played hard and had a great gameplan) I would say we would have a hard time beating MUS(and I never even heard of them till last few years), Maryville, Farragut, Riverdale, and several others. If we played like we did against Maryville and Bell Co, I would say that we could hold our own and have a chance to beat anyone in the state. Alcoa is very good and I would have to say is probably 1 of the top 5 teams in the state. Take out MUS, and I'd say everyone else, we would have a very good chance to beat. Good luck to everyones respectful team in the playoffs.

Great post! There is alot of people on these threads that don't like me;just because i speak the truth! Poster bring up Alcoa on every thread is just because they envy them! I been around this game for over fifty years and it just seems to me that Alcoa haters are just jealous of their great tradiction! I don't mean any disrespect to any other schools don't take this wrong! But every year people get on here and say Alcoa plays a weak schedule it makes no difference who they play. Their schedule was tougher this year and they still went 10-0! What do poster and fans want Alcoa play the Packers perhaps the Super Champs Steelers! No i don't know if they are the best team in all six classes;but are one of the top teams no doubt! They don't have to be the best in all classes but just in their's and that are are! Until other teams in their class are committed to football as Alcoa is and can prove to me they can play with them on year to year basic! It takes alot of hard work and dedication to do what they do every year! Until; they are knocked off the mountain they are the King in their class and that is all that matters! Yes i am from West Tn but just simply speak the truth! Good luck in the playoffs! Like You going to need it lol!!! :D

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny that you let these guys from Alcoa who have never came any closer to football than sitting in the stands. These are just a bunch of computer nerd wimps who do their talking on a message board because they could never suffice on the field. Alcoa is one of the best teams in the state and their fans are the most unintelligent, whiney, feminine, redneck fans in the state.

I've noticed a few people are getting on these boards and whining about how childish and immature this thread is. In my opinion, this is what blogs are all about. There is nothing wrong with someone from a rival school getting on here and doing a little bashing. It's all in good fun. So, please, people don't listen to these wimps that can't take a little criticism.

Now, back on to the subject at hand. First, let me begin by saying this is probably the best Alcoa team I have ever seen assembled. It is great and they have represented Tennessee football well. Destroying Kentucky's #1 4A school(Bell Co.) made me proud. Of course, MUS beating S. Panola(in Batesville) and Olive Branch made me proud also. Alcoa seems to be getting the same types of shots Maryville was taking during their streak. They weren't playing stiff enough competition. I think that was correct. If you want the respect then you have to play the best competition. Maryville did that by moving up to 6A and being placed in a tough district. Now, I can't say Maryville doesn't play anybody anymore. Alcoa needs to do the same. Either move up in classification(correct me if I'm wrong, but a team can always move up in classification, not down) or start scheduling some of those top tier Div 11-AA or 6A teams out of district. That is the only way you will get the respect Alcoa deserves. I think they deserve the respect, but they have to prove it. Running through the weak 3A playoffs is not going to do it. Bell County was a good win, but I sure wish they would've played Kentucky's REAL top teams(ie. St. Xavier, Trinity, or Highlands.)

I just have one question...............why isn't owlbooster talking about Ooltewah putting Alcoa on their schedule???????? Talk about boasting fans, sheesh!!

monkey-hand-on-face.JPG

Mom, MUS=Owls....

Again, further proof that nobody has heard of them until now.

I am moving on...we have some Ram to stew.

Thank you for straightening me out APB. My apologies owlbooster for I confused your name with some other Ooltewah poster. Great pic APB, hope you don't save it and put my name on it, lol.

Now, back on to the subject at hand. First, let me begin by saying this is probably the best Alcoa team I have ever seen assembled. It is great and they have represented Tennessee football well. Destroying Kentucky's #1 4A school(Bell Co.) made me proud. Of course, MUS beating S. Panola(in Batesville) and Olive Branch made me proud also.

I agree. Two of the highlights of the season for me, as a Tennessee high school football fan, have been seeing not only these Tennessee schools’ wins over these two out-of-state teams but also the message board reactions in those respective states. Mississippi’s reaction to the loss, particularly South Panola’s, was not very gracious, but some did manage to blurt out respect. The Bell County reaction was great, however. Their fans were bristling at all of the pregame Alcoa blowout predictions. Postgame, they were falling all over themselves with respect and admiration for Alcoa, as well they should.

To keep this discussion positive, and yet as neutrally factual as possible (for a topic itself whose answer we will never know, at least not this year), I will say this: Maryville’s nation-long winning streak in 2008, if even for a day, was at the expense of South Panola’s longer winning streak coming to an end the night before. We should keep in mind that South Panola plays in the largest and most difficult class in Mississippi – a state that, over the years, has, quite frankly, had Tennessee’s number in head-to-head matchups. 2009 is a different year, and while South Panola might not be widely considered the class of Mississippi this year, Maryville is not widely considered the class of Tennessee this year either, especially since each, for the first time in years, has a regular season loss. And yet, either winning a title in their respective states wouldn’t shock many. Nevertheless, let’s keep in mind that, considering the parallels of the two “big name” opponents on each team’s schedule, any indictment of the quality of a 2009 win over South Panola is probably just as much, if not more than, an indictment of a 2009 win over Maryville.

No, milan is. Just ask any of there fans!! :angry::popcorneater::hungry:

I just open the flood gates, SORRY! :angry:

Cute.....the big red will be getting ready for baseball soon enough.......

Zebra 99......those Milan Bulldogs dominated 13AA....unlike what you were predicting in August.

Thats true i thought the district would be stronger;the teams Milan beat in the district were a combined record of 29-34. Dburrg did not play well late in the season MV play poorly the fist half. CC was good other than that it was pretty weak! I am sure if u get as far as Cville there will be a storm waiting for the dogs! I apologize to the Alcoa fans this is not a Bulldog thread just had to response! Good luck u will need it! :angry:

It is funny that you let these guys from Alcoa who have never came any closer to football than sitting in the stands. These are just a bunch of computer nerd wimps who do their talking on a message board because they could never suffice on the field. Alcoa is one of the best teams in the state and their fans are the most unintelligent, whiney, feminine, redneck fans in the state.

Hey Mt. Juliet boy! How did you like that loss to (as you put it) ghetto, druggie rednecks from Gallatin!

In a little over 20 post you have shown yourself to be nothing but a TROLL! :popcorneater:

troll-b-gone.jpg

I just have one question...............wy isn't owlbooster talking about Ooltewah putting Alcoa on their schedule???????? Talk about boasting fans, sheesh!!

How 'bout Fiftyish gettin' some attitude? It's about time! Now you're getting into the spirit! :lol:

One question: Where is Ensworth? If it's in Nashville, no thank you. I've had my fill of having to travel to Nashville for a football game because no one closer will play us.

RIDICULOUS.

:roflol: