Is Alcoa the best team in any Classification?

a-town1408

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa could/would beat ANY team in the sate of Tennessee !!

WRONG!!!! I went and watched MUS out of Memphis last night. They're currently ranked #17 in the nation and have a QB headed to West Virginia next year. Their RB's are EXTREMELY quick and their WR's make some unbelievable catches. Their players aren't that big, but all of them are quick. MUS also has no players going both ways which is amazing for a team that good. MUS reminds me of Maryville, except alot better.

Not saying Alcoa would beat MUS but they are also nationally ranked. unapproved website has Alcoa ranked at #46 in the country. All the qualities that you say MUS has....Alcoa also has except at maybe the QB position. I would take Jaron Toney over any RB in Tennessee. I guarantee that no one has a fullback like Tyson. Alcoa has a TE headed to Kentucky and some JRs that will be headed to other big schools next year.

No.....Alcouh iz not tha best teem in tha AFC South....... :blink:

STARS- The AFC South does have the Nashville Oilers....And the Heisman runner up, so The F5 may have a chance.

I think The F5 vs. the 1985 Chicago Bears would have been a good game, because we have a certain Coach Rankin.

superfans.jpg

Yeah but APB....Whut if Da Bears wuz playin' Alcouh wif Rankin's grandmother at Quarterback??????.......Da Naders!!!!...... :blink:

Irrevalent as it may be, Alcoa and its fans should thank God they don't have to play MUS. Or the truth would be evident to everyone... Alcoa is a great team, no doubt, a dynasty in high school football, but based solely on numbers (which is what football prediction is whether you admit or not) they could not compete with MUS. You say why hasn't their "J Toney wannabes" come close to the TD record? Alcoa is alot of things, but a balanced attack is not one of them. Toney is a great RB, but lets be serious here, Alcoa and J Toney fans please do not let this go on any further, wouldn't you rather go on living the dream than waking up to reality??

Dreams? How about ten State championships, 5 straight state championships. AND.... J Toney will own the TN state record for Touchdowns is season. And MUS and Memphis area football???........ :blink::blink:

YES...Dreams as in you cannot compete with MUS. I never said Alcoa wasn't a great team, or Toney wasn't a great back. You seem to be jumping to things here. Yes, Alcoa is a very decorated school, but could they are not the best in the state..simple. Just because they wouldn't beat MUS, doesn't mean they aren't a powerhouse. "Waking up to reality" means if you had to play the best, it would open your eyes as to you no longer being the best...sorry

The "gap" between MUS and Alcoa is not as big as you hope. Oh yeah....Alcoa could be balanced if they needed to but that has been the greatness of Alcoa up to this point (i.e. Maryville game), they haven't needed to be.

GCPioneer, I didn't say Alcoa was better than MUS. I just stated that they wouldn't get beat by 17-21 points to them like you did. Believe it or not I know football pretty well too my friend. Maybe you didn't appreciate the way the Blount County (Alcoa-Maryville) teams play football. In case you didn't notice the Maryville Rebels are ranked #2 in 6A. Bell County Ky is ranked #2 in 4A. Alcoa beat both of these teams decisively. Also if you look at Memphis football the last ten years and compare the teams to just the Knoxville area teams you will find better teams overall in this area. Of course that's my opinion. You might have a different take on it I'm sure but Blount County alone the last 5 years has more championships in football than the whole city of Memphis the last decade. Let's not get into basketball. That's a totally different conversation.

Ohhh yeah GCP, I do remember you comparing Kendahl Harper to Randall Cobb their senior season. I'll leave it at that. Also what did you think of our fullback(Tyson)? Him and Toney make for an interesting clash between power and finesse.

I'M TELLING YOU, MUS IS BETTER THAN ALCOA!!! BELIEVE IT OR NOT! I've seen both of the teams play and MUS is decisively better than Alcoa! There is a reason why they are ranked #14 in the COUNTRY!

I like the way Alcoa and Maryville play. I didn't drive 6 hours for the heck of it! The people we sat around from Alcoa were friendly and humble about their team. I'm being unbiased on this subject and giving my straight up opinion and you can't accept the fact that a team is actually better than your team. You talk about how Alcoa has beaten a 4A school and a 6A school. Well, MUS has beaten 2 nationally ranked powerhouses out of Mississippi (South Panola and Olive Branch), but you have ignored that fact.

The FB and RB for Alcoa are great backs, don't get me wrong. However, MUS's stable of backs are better. MUS's RB's are 2 high profile RB's that will play major D1 football somewhere. Your approach on me comparing Kendal and Randall 2-3 years ago goes to prove that you have nothing else to use against me on THIS subject besides the fact I compared Randall and Kendal 2 years ago.

GCP you are correct MUS has beaten two very good teams in South Panola and Olive Branch. South Panola has a chance for their 8th state championship in Miss in 5a. Olive Branch is more of a pretender down there this year. Don't get me wrong their still very good but I would say SP is better than them this year. Considering the big victory they had over OB in the first week of October. Which I got to watch on TV. Nobody is doubting how good these two teams are and know one on here is doubting how good MUS is this year. I was just stating my opinion. Like you I have one. I have never stated Alcoa would beat MUS. You come on here and give your opinions every week and thats great. That is what coacht is for. However you are not always right my friend. You come on here and try to tell me and everyone else that MUS is 17-21 points better than Alcoa. I dispute your opinion and then you tell me I can't accept the fact that someone is better than Alcoa. WHAT??? If you look at my OPINION I actually stated that I didn't think anyone would beat Alcoa by more than a TD. THAT'S WHAT I SAID. That doesn't mean that were the best team in the state. WE WILL ACTUALLY NEVER KNOW. dry.gif

MUS is rated #39 on ESPN fab 50.

With you record on here with your OPINION, I'll opt out and choose not to believe you. At least this year you think Alcoa's going to win 3A. :blink:

GCP, If I may be serious for a second, while I respect your knowledge of HS football, you keep throwing out that MUS has beaten both South Panola and Olive Branch...You do know that neither is the top ranked team in MS this year right?

While both are still outstanding programs, neither are in the class of Madison Central this year.

As a matter of fact, OB is ranked fifth in 5A behind Meridian and CLINTON who MC absolutely hammed this year....I was there and saw it myself.

Could The F5 beat MUS this year, who knows, but I know that you and a lot of other people would pay to see it, which means that no one knows who would win.

Now back to stirring the pot.stirthepot.gif

Alcoa is a very good high school football team! Could they defeat MUS or even Ensworth, I highly doubt it? If Alcoa is that good maybe they need to do a home & away with MUS or Ensworth in the future. If distance is a problem the Alcoa faithful & Rankin could make the short drive over the mountain to Duncan, SC and play Byrnes. Byrnes is having the same problem filling their schedule as the best programs in Tennessee.

GCP, If I may be serious for a second, while I respect your knowledge of HS football, you keep throwing out that MUS has beaten both South Panola and Olive Branch...You do know that neither is the top ranked team in MS this year right?

While both are still outstanding programs, neither are in the class of Madison Central this year.

As a matter of fact, OB is ranked fifth in 5A behind Meridian and CLINTON who MC absolutely hammed this year....I was there and saw it myself.

Could The F5 beat MUS this year, who knows, but I know that you and a lot of other people would pay to see it, which means that no one knows who would win.

-5 APB

I've seen Alcoa at it's best against Maryville. I've seen MUS play a not-so-good first half and a great second half against Christian Brothers. I've seen 'em both this year. There's no doubt about it that MUS is better than Alcoa. MUS is deeper, quicker and better overall than Alcoa. If Alcoa and MUS were to play, I'd predict MUS to win anywhere from 17-21 points. Picture Pat White (former West Virginia QB) playing QB at the high school level. That's what you have in the MUS QB, Barry Brunetti. You think Jaron Toney is great? MUS has 2 Jaron Toney's standing back there with Barry Brunetti on some plays. MUS is the best team in the state and Ensworth is second best in the state.

WOW!!! ALCOA would get beat by 21 points to MUS? You have lost all credibility on this site with that statement. ALCOA doesn't usually play too well in these imaginary games. So lets get Ensworth or MUS on the schedule in 2011-or 2012. We all remember the last private school that took on Alcoa out of their classification. That was McCallie and there were runner up that year in DIVISION II. This Alcoa team is better than that one. I'm not real sure who would win but 21 is out in fantasy land or should I say Fantasy Island. Then again maybe one of these schools gets beat in the playoffs.

Alcoa is good, but MUS is the best team in the state. MUS is 17 in the nation and Alcoa is 77. Alcoa is obviously a very very good team, considering they are a top 100 team in the nation, but I wish they had a chance to challenge MUS or even Ensworth(64 in nation) this year. No one can really say that either team is the best in the state until they play each other, but on paper MUS is the best. So I say that the best TEAMS in the state are MUS, Ensworth, and Alcoa. This wont change until the DII state championship game. Ensworth vs MUS, unless an upset in the playoffs occurs. :roflol:

-5 APB

No, no, no.....

Central actually threw hams at them after they got up 21 on Clinton.....no lie. :roflol: