Is Alcoa the best team in any Classification?

a-town1408

I was just wandering what everyone thought about this. Does anyone else think that Alcoa might be the top team in the state in any classification. I am talking about nonprivate schools because I don't know much about the private schools. But if anyone does feel free to share.

NO.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GCPioneer, interesting you say Alcoa would get beat by 17-20. Alcoa has a grind it out offense, which means they can take several minutes off the clock. Which in turns keeps the opposing offense off the field. This is why NO one in the state would beat Alcoa by more than one touchdown let along 2 1/2 to 3 touchdowns. This is why, I personally don't like this thread. 1 We will never know and as far as i'm concerned the only thing that matter is a 3a championship. 2. None of the big boys wanted to schedule us in the regular season. There was quite a few 6a teams that wouldn't schedule Alcoa. Give Bell County some credit to schedule Alcoa, there ranked 2 in 4a in Kentucky. Their only lose was to Alcoa 42-14. 3. Alcoa has faired well against private school in the pasts. 4. Alcoa has at least 3 to 4 D1 players on this team and some very good players surrounding this bunch. 5. We do have Jaron Toney and I understand you say MUS has two Toney's. With all due respect Toney will shattter the touchdown record this year. I believe you don't appreciate how good he has been this year. 6. Alcoa's defense ends are both D1 players and would have a field day with a passing team. GCPioneer, is Alcoa know better than Christian Brothers this year??

I agree, they do. Thanks for the idea.

Let's see they got MUS #1 in the state and Alcoa #3

They have MUS 23rd in the country and Alcoa not ranked in the top 25.

Great point, thanks!

Yes, your right...But they have #1 MUS beating Alcoa by 1 point on a neutral field. I say if it is that close the game could go either way. dry.gif

GCPioneer, You got to understand when two high level teams play, it can make both teams not look as good. When you watched Alcoa it was their 2nd game and Maryville's 1st. Two very good team good at it.Bring MUS into Blount County........I'm sure we can make them not look so good! :thumb:

If MUS has a Jaron Toney want-to-be...........Uh where are they in regards to the state record? Yea that's what I thought, And, how many championships does MUS have....yea that's what I thought too. Alcoa has talent like MUS probably more with 93 players. Alcoa former QB Randall Cobb is/was much better than Barry Brunetti. And, this years Alcoa is better than the Alcoa teams with Cobb. MUS on defense would have their hand full with Alcoa's physical run game. I have no doubt Alcoa can and would play MUS close! :lol:

I like the F5's chances against a team like.... maybe...Cannon Co?

Nice try poser ....now back to the woods with ya!

BTW...you said....Oakland.

recruiting was a source of talent at riverdale when the previous coach was there, sure that doesn't go on at Alcoa......especially when such a large company is in the area.

:thumb: ...No...they don't have to recruit but it's WIDE OPEN for any kid from anywhere to join the squad. That is proven by their 37% and growing OOZ/tuition players but....no....Alcoa is not recruiting.

Mlreb needs to change schools since he always opens his mouth about alcoa when he gets a chance. You are cheering for the wrong team.

Guys, I know it's hard to imagine a team actually being better than Alcoa, but there IS a team in Tennessee that is a tad better than Alcoa! Randall Cobb is not as good as Barry Brunetti, SORRY! You guys haven't even seen MUS play this year and you still claim that Alcoa is better! THEY'RE NOT BETTER! I've seen both teams against their biggest team of the year. The Alcoa/Maryville game was exactly like the MUS/Christian Brothers game. Believe it or not. The Great American Sports Rivalry that was at the Alcoa/Maryville game was at the MUS/Christian Brothers game as well. You say that Alcoa has 2 DE's that are D1. MUS's hole defense looked capable of playing college football at some level. There's a reason why MUS is ranked #17 in the country and has already defeated 2 national powers in South Panola and Olive Branch out of Mississippi.

Christian Brothers, I believe, could play with Alcoa for 3 quarters, Alcoa would pull away in the end (like the Maryville game). Christian Brothers RB is a highly touted RB and will play major D1 football. Brothers QB may be small, but he's extremely quick and through his passes right on the money almost every time. Going into the game, Christian Brothers had the best defense in Memphis and MUS had the best offense in Memphis. After that game, it looked as if MUS had the best defense and offense in Memphis.

Memphisfootball, there's really no need to keep this argument going. I've seen both teams play this year and I've seen both teams play to their potential. I know football and I know a better team when I see it.

I've seen Alcoa at it's best against Maryville. I've seen MUS play a not-so-good first half and a great second half against Christian Brothers. I've seen 'em both this year. There's no doubt about it that MUS is better than Alcoa. MUS is deeper, quicker and better overall than Alcoa. If Alcoa and MUS were to play, I'd predict MUS to win anywhere from 17-21 points. Picture Pat White (former West Virginia QB) playing QB at the high school level. That's what you have in the MUS QB, Barry Brunetti. You think Jaron Toney is great? MUS has 2 Jaron Toney's standing back there with Barry Brunetti on some plays. MUS is the best team in the state and Ensworth is second best in the state.

The arguement does not matter, but, since we are on the subject I will weigh in. I saw Ensworth earlier this year against Oakland and if I were in the "pit" in Vegas, I would put my money on Ensworth. To be honest GCPioneer, Ensworth's runningback is better than Toney or the two who play at MUS. The interior line for Ensworth is huge and most of all they have Ricky Bowers as a coach. I did see MUS on Sports South and I did not see a huge difference between MUS or Ensworth. I see through Maroon Tinted Glasses but Alcoa does not have the sheer numbers/quality as these two schools but that is to be expected. However, I TOTALLY disagree with your assessment of Barry B. being better than Randall Cobb. If he is anywhere as productive as Randall in college I will send you a gift certificate to your favorite rest. in Jackson via our mutual friend in Johnson City :roflol: My wife's cousins attend MUS and they should have the best. The recruiting budget at that school would make Lane Kiffin proud!

The arguement does not matter, but, since we are on the subject I will weigh in. I saw Ensworth earlier this year against Oakland and if I were in the "pit" in Vegas, I would put my money on Ensworth. To be honest GCPioneer, Ensworth's runningback is better than Toney or the two who play at MUS. The interior line for Ensworth is huge and most of all they have Ricky Bowers as a coach. I did see MUS on Sports South and I did not see a huge difference between MUS or Ensworth. I see through Maroon Tinted Glasses but Alcoa does not have the sheer numbers/quality as these two schools but that is to be expected. However, I TOTALLY disagree with your assessment of Barry B. being better than Randall Cobb. If he is anywhere as productive as Randall in college I will send you a gift certificate to your favorite rest. in Jackson via our mutual friend in Johnson City :roflol: My wife's cousins attend MUS and they should have the best. The recruiting budget at that school would make Lane Kiffin proud!

I agree that this conversation is irrelevant although it does make for great discussion and debate.

I'm going to check out Ensworth by years end. I've heard all about the RB Orleans Darkwa from Ensworth. I check out the DII boards every now and then on here and read some.

I've seen Brunetti once and Cobb twice. I just think that Brunetti was the better of the two. I watch Cobb every chance I get on TV. It's great seeing the TN guys doing big things at SEC schools like Cobb.

Speaking of a budget at MUS....their stadium is absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!! Their home side is above and beyond a high school stadium. The press box is all glass and has lights to light up around it. It's beautiful!

Also, that mutual friend hasn't been back to West TN since he moved to East TN, lol. I did talk to him about a month ago, but under bad circumstances on our families part. You can ask him or his wife about that last sentence. It was sad sad stuff!

The arguement does not matter, but, since we are on the subject I will weigh in. I saw Ensworth earlier this year against Oakland and if I were in the "pit" in Vegas, I would put my money on Ensworth. To be honest GCPioneer, Ensworth's runningback is better than Toney or the two who play at MUS. The interior line for Ensworth is huge and most of all they have Ricky Bowers as a coach. I did see MUS on Sports South and I did not see a huge difference between MUS or Ensworth. I see through Maroon Tinted Glasses but Alcoa does not have the sheer numbers/quality as these two schools but that is to be expected. However, I TOTALLY disagree with your assessment of Barry B. being better than Randall Cobb. If he is anywhere as productive as Randall in college I will send you a gift certificate to your favorite rest. in Jackson via our mutual friend in Johnson City :thumb: My wife's cousins attend MUS and they should have the best. The recruiting budget at that school would make Lane Kiffin proud!

I agree that this conversation is irrelevant although it does make for great discussion and debate.

I'm going to check out Ensworth by years end. I've heard all about the RB Orleans Darkwa from Ensworth. I check out the DII boards every now and then on here and read some.

I've seen Brunetti once and Cobb twice. I just think that Brunetti was the better of the two. I watch Cobb every chance I get on TV. It's great seeing the TN guys doing big things at SEC schools like Cobb.

Speaking of a budget at MUS....their stadium is absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!! Their home side is above and beyond a high school stadium. The press box is all glass and has lights to light up around it. It's beautiful!

Also, that mutual friend hasn't been back to West TN since he moved to East TN, lol. I did talk to him about a month ago, but under bad circumstances on our families part. You can ask him or his wife about that last sentence. It was sad sad stuff!

Yes I'm aware and your family has been in our constant thoughts. I am so, so sorry. You need to come and visit someday and see Science Hill play basketball. They have been very good over the years but you are probably too young to remember their great teams from the 90's. They could actually beat the Memphis teams. In regards to MUS and Ensworth........Bowers is worth 2 touchdowns against the MUS staff.

Yes I'm aware and your family has been in our constant thoughts. I am so, so sorry. You need to come and visit someday and see Science Hill play basketball. They have been very good over the years but you are probably too young to remember their great teams from the 90's. They could actually beat the Memphis teams. In regards to MUS and Ensworth........Bowers is worth 2 touchdowns against the MUS staff.

We appreciate it!

I know a little bit about Science Hill basketball, but only of the past few years. I remember Omar Wattad who now plays for Georgetown. That's basically all I remember about them and I knew they were really good. As for coming to visit up there, I'd actually love to live over in that area. The mountains are great and it's not too far from Rocky Top. That'll have to be after I get out of college and all before I even think about moving that far off, lol. There's just nothing here in West TN.

I'm not really familiar with the Bowers guy. Where was he before Ensworth? Also, I read in an article on the DII boards that Ensworth got a guy in this year that had to sit out this season. People are claiming him to be the next John Henderson. I believe he's either a Sophomore or a Junior right now. According to that article and people talking in there, he's supposed to be the absolute real deal.