Big Games in Memphis ... Week 10

kwc

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen the entire season unfold, I would have to say that Arlington should be the favorite this week vs Millington. Millington's offensive problems seem to have got worse over the course of the year rather than better. We look lost a times.(1 TD in the last 9 quarters of football). Knowing this, I believe If Arlington can score twice that should be enough to win the game. As you know, I am Black and Gold to the core, But my prediction is

Arlington 14 Millington 7

Go Trojans!!... Prove me Wrong!!

Having seen the entire season unfold, I would have to say that Arlington should be the favorite this week vs Millington. Millington's offensive problems seem to have got worse over the course of the year rather than better. We look lost a times.(1 TD in the last 9 quarters of football). Knowing this, I believe If Arlington can score twice that should be enough to win the game. As you know, I am Black and Gold to the core, But my prediction is

Arlington 14 Millington 7

Go Trojans!!... Prove me Wrong!!

There is a lot of truth in your quote. The defense has done pretty well but seems suspect to the pass. I think the defensive front will put a big wrinkle in Arlingtons passing game although, (at least we had better or we are in trouble) which will take a lot of pressure off the secondary. The offense is just not progressing like it should this late in the season. We keep saying if they can ever put it together it will be unstoppable. I truly hope coach has it put together by Friday.

Has it ever rained so much during football season! The only true dry game we had was I believe Week 4 against East!

I believe the 2006 season was similar to this year where they 5,6,7 games played in rain or on completely soaked fields. It has been a while since it has been this bad.

Arl 24 --- Mill 10 ........... Arlington's passing game will doom Millington.

Bol 13 --- Cord 10 ........... Nip and tuck all the way, @ Bolton.

Crgm 21 --- Bart 7 ........... Cgmt tunes up for playoffs.

Rdg 27 --- Kby 20 ........... Rdgwy is marginally better.

Mel 25 --- Whvn 21 ....... UPSET ALERT!!!

Whitehaven is the better team, IMO, but Melrose plays its best game of year and shocks Whitehaven, at Melrose!

I see that I may have to forbid TraderB from ever posting on any of my topics ever again! ... dry.gif

LOL ... just kidding ... :roll: ... kinda ... dry.gif:thumb:

WS 42 --- Mitch 26 .......... Mitchell will run out of gas.

SBEC 38 --- FACS 24 ............. FACS is still outclassed.

MUS 45 ---- Briar 13 ............ Briarcrest is totally outclassed.

Has it ever rained so much during football season! The only true dry game we had was I believe Week 4 against East!

I believe the 2006 season was similar to this year where they 5,6,7 games played in rain or on completely soaked fields. It has been a while since it has been this bad.

National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch effective Thursday morning through Saturday morning. 4-6 inches of rain is possible in West Tn, North MS, and East Ark. Highest levels of rain close to the river. 7 inches possible in some areas. Fields will be destroyed come playoff time....

This is my look at what I think to be the 'Big Games in Memphis ... Week 10'.

My picks are as follows:

Arlington is still proving everybody was wrong about them ............... 17 - 14

Cordova wins a toss-up game .................................................... 28 - 21

Craigmont is just the better team ............................................... 28 - 7

Kirby in a shoot-out at the OK Corral ........................................... 35 - 28

Whitehaven has the defense to win ............................................. 28 - 14

White Station wins an offensive battle ......................................... 35 - 28

FACS slows down the SBEC qb enough to win ................................ 21 - 14

MUS has it won by halftime and cruises ........................................ 35 -7

Arl 24 --- Mill 10 ........... Arlington's passing game will doom Millington.

Bol 13 --- Cord 10 ........... Nip and tuck all the way, @ Bolton.

Crgm 21 --- Bart 7 ........... Cgmt tunes up for playoffs.

Rdg 27 --- Kby 20 ........... Rdgwy is marginally better.

Mel 25 --- Whvn 21 ....... UPSET ALERT!!!

Whitehaven is the better team, IMO, but Melrose plays its best game of year and shocks Whitehaven, at Melrose!

WS 42 --- Mitch 26 .......... Mitchell will run out of gas.

SBEC 38 --- FACS 24 ............. FACS is still outclassed.

MUS 45 ---- Briar 13 ............ Briarcrest is totally outclassed.

GREETINGS FROM DA HAVEN

I see there are still people who don't respect Da Haven that's fine... We WILL NOT LOSE 2 MELROSE... THE END! Thanks Trader B for the extra motivation.

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Division I

District 14:

Arlington (6A, 9-0, 5-0) @ Millington (6A, 5-4, 4-1) [The winner is the top seed from District 14 in 6A]

Cordova (6A, 5-4, 3-2) @ Bolton (6A, 4-5, 1-4) [The winner could possibly get in a WC selection in 6A]

Craigmont (5A, 7-2, 3-2) @ Bartlett (5A, 3-6, 2-3) [The winner is the representative from District 14 in 5A]

District 15:

Ridgeway (5A, 3-5, 2-3) @ Kirby (6A, 4-5, 4-2) [both are in the post season regardless ... entertaining to watch though]

District 16:

Whitehaven (6A, 8-1, 4-1) @ Melrose (5A, 5-4, 4-1) [both are in the post season ... a win helps WH's seeding possibly ... Whitehaven can not host a 1st round game regardless of winning or losing because of the H2H with WSH ... will be a highly entertaiing game however ... bragging rights are on the line] {Let's hold the fort on the WH not hosting comment because they may be able to host a first round game if they win ... stay tuned!}

White Station (6A, 9-0, 5-0) vs Mitchell (5A, 7-2, 3-2)@ Whitehaven [Again ... both are already in the post season and neither a win nor a loss affects their seeding ... Another highly entertaining Distrcit 16 game with bragging rights on the line]

Division II

Class A

SBEC (A, 5-4, 5-3) @ FACS (A, 7-2, 4-2) [both are in the post season ... this is for seeding]

Class AA

MUS (AA, 9-0, 2-0) @ Briarcrest (AA, 6-3, 1-1)

Greetings from Da Haven

Here are my picks real quick... No scores...

Arlington, comfortably

Cordova, in a nail bitter

Craigmont, easily

Kirby, barely

WHITEHAVEN!!!! THE END :thumb:

WSHS, BIG

FACS

MUS, Closer than u experts think.