Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

Many DB fans have made the comment that Maryville is now playing with the BIG BOYS and won't continue to have the success that they have enjoyed in the past. I've also listened to many DB fans talk about how they "hung with" or even "got the best of" the Red Rebels in scrimmages. Well it's now time to pay the piper!!! :thumb: I was more excited about seeing that you were going to end your season at the Black Hole than I was about seeing my own teams match-up. No doubt in my mind that DB is going to get schooled all night long in this game... so get your note books out. I only have one more thing to say. While you're down there in Maryville make sure you take pictures to hang on your wall as a reminder of where your season is going to end from now on... year, after year, after year...... :thumb:

Maybe they could take some pictures of state championship trophies, too, since they've never 'won" one on a playing field!

We have got just as many as any team on the field in 6A :thumb:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote]

We have got just as many as any team on the field in 6A :thumb::thumb:

With one exception...I have been watching TN high school football for a while now and one thing that has remained constant over the last....10 years is Kingsport's ability to dissapoint. How many times has DB gone into the playoffs 10-0 and been bounced right out. What about the time DB went into the playoffs #1 in the state and got eliminated by a raggedy William Blount team. DB has great history...but history can oly go so far. We'll see friday, but I do not believe the rebels will be out after the first round. :thumb:

You will see a lot of fans with new screen names.Many will be from the schools we have took to the woodshed for years and since they only beat us once in a generation,it gives them something to cheer for when we are a young team playing the very best.I have to catch myself and remember that.DB has made three trips to the semi's and just flat out busted a chance to win it all a time or two. Maryville is the standard for championship programs,and the great athletes that they have,along with one of the best coaching staffs in the state,makes them extremly good.It will be interesting to me over the next several years to see if Maryville climbs to the top.I have a feeling that Oak Ridge will be back as they are most of the time.The big question will be those teams that got us on towards Nashville.I'm so glad that we got this game this year.We have talent coming up and a small group of senior warriors that deserve to play against the best.Like the movie 300.We just hope that their isn't to many traitors like in the South game that show up as the little humpback did in that movie.

Many DB fans have made the comment that Maryville is now playing with the BIG BOYS and won't continue to have the success that they have enjoyed in the past. I've also listened to many DB fans talk about how they "hung with" or even "got the best of" the Red Rebels in scrimmages. Well it's now time to pay the piper!!! :thumb: I was more excited about seeing that you were going to end your season at the Black Hole than I was about seeing my own teams match-up. No doubt in my mind that DB is going to get schooled all night long in this game... so get your note books out. I only have one more thing to say. While you're down there in Maryville make sure you take pictures to hang on your wall as a reminder of where your season is going to end from now on... year, after year, after year...... :thumb:

Maybe they could take some pictures of state championship trophies, too, since they've never 'won" one on a playing field!

We have got just as many as any team on the field in 6A :thumb:

Only reason for that is nobody has won one in 6A! How many you got from all those other 'great' teams that have fired and fell back?

We could just start in 1969 and work our way to the present and count all titles, but that doesn't have anything to do with this year, so we'll skip that.

On another note: I drove up to VA on I-81, the day after the rock slide on I-40, and there was a ton of traffic on I-81. Y'all might want to leave a little bit earlier. :thumb:

If I was driving from Kingsport to Maryville I would just take I-81 to I-40 and take that all the way into Knoxville and then get off on US 129 (Airport/Alcoa). With the new road through Knoxville, that seems to be the quickest way. I have tried about every different route to the Tri-Cities from Maryville and this one seems the fastest now that I-40 is 6 lanes+ through east Knoxville. I have done the Strawberry Plains (Exit 398/Camping World) exit to John Sevier Highway, but you always get behind someone going slow on the 2 lane. I have gotten off at the 407 exit (TN66) at Bass Pro/Smokies stadium and there is just too much traffic now, even if you take the back road to Seymour. On I-40 slow down a little once you get to the Holston River close to Asheville Highway in Knoxville.

We could just start in 1969 and work our way to the present and count all titles, but that doesn't have anything to do with this year, so we'll skip that.

On another note: I drove up to VA on I-81, the day after the rock slide on I-40, and there was a ton of traffic on I-81. Y'all might want to leave a little bit earlier. :thumb:

If I was driving from Kingsport to Maryville I would just take I-81 to I-40 and take that all the way into Knoxville and then get off on US 129 (Airport/Alcoa). With the new road through Knoxville, that seems to be the quickest way. I have tried about every different route to the Tri-Cities from Maryville and this one seems the fastest now that I-40 is 6 lanes+ through east Knoxville. I have done the Strawberry Plains (Exit 398/Camping World) exit to John Sevier Highway, but you always get behind someone going slow on the 2 lane. I have gotten off at the 407 exit (TN66) at Bass Pro/Smokies stadium and there is just too much traffic now, even if you take the back road to Seymour. On I-40 slow down a little once you get to the Holston River close to Asheville Highway in Knoxville.

Thanks Red Rebel.Someone ask when I was leaving and I said Thursday !!

Play the tuba boys!!!! One and Done, One and Done. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

You all may not like Cap1 but he's speaking the truth. DB fans have said over the past few years how Maryville wouldn't be winning those championships at a higher level and how DB has always played Maryville tough in scrimmages. Just look at the earlier post with the moron saying that DB would have beaten them in the scrimmage if not for the turnovers. Well, now you get your shot and you want to play nice with the Maryville people because you know you are coming home with an L.

And Huck Van Buss is still my favorite basketball coach of all time. :lol: