Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

Everyone knows that THS has a stronger team than DB this year, but man it gets as old and even more irrelevant than talking about the past. It's not about bowing down to a team, you line up and play anyone with the mindset that you have a shot, but it is just disrespectful to continue kicking them in the mouth after the loss. The Vikings beat DB, that's great, but the Vikings won't play DB again until 2010. They have Seymour to worry about this week.

Isn't DB the ones that say Loved, hated, but never ignored? I think Cap is stating that he is NOT IGNORING the fact that TN High beat the indians and it could have been much worse. I'm sure they would let him know about it if it was the other way around. Each year is different though, unless it's South-DB. 8-) At least I can joke about it, it's high school football.

Cap, I do have a question for you. All I've ever heard you say was how TN High had dominated South up until the past 4 years. I was listening to the South broadcast Friday night and they happen to tell the overall series record and it is now Tn High -16, South - 14. Where is this dominance you speak of? :thumb:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PepVol, you used the phrase "cheated and mistreated" twice. Your words not mine. I simply stated the truth on both things I mentioned, that OR was denied any space in the press box and that Maryville did not have one penalty the entire game.

I do not blame Mark Packer and crew, they were guests as well. The school decides who goes where. I can assure you that next year when MHS visits Blankenship field they will be provided space for their coaches and probably BOTH their radio stations. That is the difference in our schools.

As for the officiating, it was just that. Not anything I can fix. I am sure that Maryville fans have had their share of posts regarding officiating. It was a great game and Maryville won. Good luck in the playoffs.

The school decides who goes where. I can assure you that next year when MHS visits Blankenship field they will be provided space for their coaches and probably BOTH their radio stations. That is the difference in our schools.

We are so bad! It's almost like we are just a bunch of........(wait for it)...................

(wait for it)...........................(wait for it)............

rebel-without-a-cause-1.jpg

REBELS

The school decides who goes where. I can assure you that next year when MHS visits Blankenship field they will be provided space for their coaches and probably BOTH their radio stations. That is the difference in our schools.

I know! I know! The answer is.... One radio station. The difference between our schools is one radio station. What do I win?

_45583623_radio_transmitter_466.jpg

I used that " Cheated and Mistreated" because It sounded like a nice title to an old Whiny Country song ... Like " Tear in Your Beer " ! I tell you what Oakridgecat , I'll take it right now if you'll give me 3 penalties for 12 yds to Oak Ridge's 0 penalties at Oak Ridge next year .... In a Heartbeat !! Spin It anyway you want to , you're whining , and that should be beneath anyone from Oak Ridge .

Hey Is that an old pic :thumb: of Nellie Belle ? Before all the Modificashuns Starz did ?

Everyone knows that THS has a stronger team than DB this year, but man it gets as old and even more irrelevant than talking about the past. It's not about bowing down to a team, you line up and play anyone with the mindset that you have a shot, but it is just disrespectful to continue kicking them in the mouth after the loss. The Vikings beat DB, that's great, but the Vikings won't play DB again until 2010. They have Seymour to worry about this week.

Isn't DB the ones that say Loved, hated, but never ignored? I think Cap is stating that he is NOT IGNORING the fact that TN High beat the indians and it could have been much worse. I'm sure they would let him know about it if it was the other way around. Each year is different though, unless it's South-DB. :thumb: At least I can joke about it, it's high school football.

Cap, I do have a question for you. All I've ever heard you say was how TN High had dominated South up until the past 4 years. I was listening to the South broadcast Friday night and they happen to tell the overall series record and it is now Tn High -16, South - 14. Where is this dominance you speak of? :thumb:

It's obvious that he's not ignoring it. :geek:

Prior to 2005, THS had a 9 game winning streak over the Rebels from '97 through '04. I guess that is what he was referring to.

Let's go Red Rebels the first cog in the wheel of that 6A Gold ball ;) The only "Big boy" talk I want to hear is about Shoney's :roflol: hey do they still exist?

They do exist,but I don't think they are tied in with the big boy chain anymore.It must have been to offensive ! :thumb: I couldn't help it guys :thumb:

Yeah, if I were you I would avoid that Subject as well..

Ok you guys have lost me. Who's playing this game Friday night. Is it Tennessee High vs. DB? Is it South vs. DB? Is it South vs. Tennessee High? Is it Oak Ridge vs. Maryville? Or is it DB vs. Maryville? I can't figure it out. :roflol:

I guess it's just to tempting not to plug your own team or favorite eating spot with Maryville and Dobyns-Bennett playing each other for the first time since WWII