Gallatin vs Clarksville NW 1st rd

GWAVE1

Beech played at NW in week 1. It was Beech's second game and NW's first. NW has been pretty weak in recent years and it appeared that Beech had that in mind throughout the first half. Beech had some turnover issues in the first half and NW really pounded Beech's interior line with the big running back Wiley. He is a load! Beech was fortunate to only be down 7-0 at the half. NW received to start the second half and continued to pound Wiley on dive plays up the middle on their initial drive. They drove into the red zone and appeared to be poised to go up two scores. Beech's O had been very anemic up until that point, so a two score lead would have really put Beech behind the 8 ball. For some reason (thankfully) they quit pounding Wiley and started attempting to pass it when they got in the red zone. They turned it over on downs and failed to score on their initial drive. Beech was able to break a long run soon after that and got back into the game. Both teams traded scores throughout the rest of the game, but because NW's kicker had been injured, they had to go for two on their two scores. Beech was able to keep them from converting the 2's and that ended up being the difference in the game.

NW is a good team with a formidable running game. I remember not being impressed with their passing game, but that was two months ago. Beech is vastly improved in all areas, and I would guess NW is too. It should be a great game.

Good luck Green Wave. Hopefully we will all represent 9AAA well.

Thanks for the rundown on NW, now how about a small snip-it of Gallatin! Northwest is on the upswing this year and only gettin' better. Wiley is awesome, but they've got a great plan of attack with others on the team as well. Should be a great matchup of green and gold (as both are the green and gold!).

Prayers and thoughts to the Gallatin team, as they undergo sadness helping their coach deal with his family loss.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a Beech perspective of Gallatin. I'm sure the Gallatinians will point out my errors :popcorneater:. We played them at our mud hole of a field (their words) so, according to their coach, they had to significantly alter their offensive attack. They ran a lot of smoke stack I formation (like we do) that night. I think they would normally run more run oriented spread. Their qb appears to be more effective as a runner than a passer, but can throw it some. They are very athletic at tailback with the Perry kid. He too rushed for 200 against us. (130 of that coming on two plays) They, as was everyone we played, were bigger than us with one interior lineman at 6'5" 380. I was told these stats by a Gallatin guy who also told me the kid is a soph. I've also been told by Gallatin folk that they (like us) are quite young as a whole. Their d is physical and run to the ball well. They have a good kicking game, and like every other Gallatin team I have ever seen, have lots of athletes. It's been two months since I saw NW, but to the best of my recollection, Gallatin will be the bigger team up front.

We lost to them 7-0. We fumbled at the one foot line and had a 65 yard td run called back for illegal motion. Even though we lost, I think this game made us realize we can play with the larger 5a schools that we are now a part of, and we went on to beat Hendersonville at home and an undefeated Mt Jul at their place. I am still scratching my head as to how Gallatin lost to Hendersonville the way they did. The situation with Coach Lassiter had to have a big impact, because having played both of them in consecutive weeks, I thought Gallatin was the better team.

Here is a Beech perspective of Gallatin. I'm sure the Gallatinians will point out my errors :popcorneater:. We played them at our mud hole of a field (their words) so, according to their coach, they had to significantly alter their offensive attack. They ran a lot of smoke stack I formation (like we do) that night. I think they would normally run more run oriented spread. Their qb appears to be more effective as a runner than a passer, but can throw it some. They are very athletic at tailback with the Perry kid. He too rushed for 200 against us. (130 of that coming on two plays) They, as was everyone we played, were bigger than us with one interior lineman at 6'5" 380. I was told these stats by a Gallatin guy who also told me the kid is a soph. I've also been told by Gallatin folk that they (like us) are quite young as a whole. Their d is physical and run to the ball well. They have a good kicking game, and like every other Gallatin team I have ever seen, have lots of athletes. It's been two months since I saw NW, but to the best of my recollection, Gallatin will be the bigger team up front.

We lost to them 7-0. We fumbled at the one foot line and had a 65 yard td run called back for illegal motion. Even though we lost, I think this game made us realize we can play with the larger 5a schools that we are now a part of, and we went on to beat Hendersonville at home and an undefeated Mt Jul at their place. I am still scratching my head as to how Gallatin lost to Hendersonville the way they did. The situation with Coach Lassiter had to have a big impact, because having played both of them in consecutive weeks, I thought Gallatin was the better team.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I dont know what team that was a Hendersonville but it wasnt the Gallatin that ive seen the previous 9 weeks. We will rarely be in he smokestack unless its muddy and raining.We will line up in mostly gun and run. We are pretty big up front but as you could have seen friday some off them can be lazy. Stewart Thompson had to step up and play both ways after out center went out and didnt do a bad job at all from what i saw. Our D is pretty good if they come to play. We have a 6'6'' reciever who we dont throw to enough in my mind. We do have a 6'5'' 380 guard who is a soph who keeps getting better.

Tandem i dont like beech but i have to be honest I think the field conditions hurt yall more than it hurt us after seeing Beech play at Mt. Juliet. I was really impressed with them. We were lucky to leave with a win. Congrats on winning the district and good luck in the playoffs.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I dont know what team that was a Hendersonville but it wasnt the Gallatin that ive seen the previous 9 weeks. We will rarely be in he smokestack unless its muddy and raining.We will line up in mostly gun and run. We are pretty big up front but as you could have seen friday some off them can be lazy. Stewart Thompson had to step up and play both ways after out center went out and didnt do a bad job at all from what i saw. Our D is pretty good if they come to play. We have a 6'6'' reciever who we dont throw to enough in my mind. We do have a 6'5'' 380 guard who is a soph who keeps getting better.

Tandem i dont like beech but i have to be honest I think the field conditions hurt yall more than it hurt us after seeing Beech play at Mt. Juliet. I was really impressed with them. We were lucky to leave with a win. Congrats on winning the district and good luck in the playoffs.

Thanks 57. I have to admit I am shocked that we won 9AAA, but I really do think that Gallatin game was a turning point for us even though we lost. We respect Gallatin so much, we knew that if we could play toe to toe with ya'll, we could play with anyone. We will be rooting for you until we meet you in round three. It's sorta like fighting with your brother. You always have your knock down drag outs, but you don't ever want to see someone from outside the family get the best of him. I honestly think ya'll will get it done at NW.

Thanks 57. I have to admit I am shocked that we won 9AAA, but I really do think that Gallatin game was a turning point for us even though we lost. We respect Gallatin so much, we knew that if we could play toe to toe with ya'll, we could play with anyone. We will be rooting for you until we meet you in round three. It's sorta like fighting with your brother. You always have your knock down drag outs, but you don't ever want to see someone from outside the family get the best of him. I honestly think ya'll will get it done at NW.

Glad to see yall being so cordial to each other. The green and gold matchup should be one of the best in the first rounds.. I'm proud of our Vikings (after dismal seasons under Coach Schrenk the last two seasons). They are playing as a strong, united team. Coach Offutt has brought them together and we see the results. GO VIKINGS!

Photo's from google maps show the visitor side to be small. But the good side is there is no track between the field and stands. May have to get there earlier than planned. NW fans where do the visitors park for this game. Looks like a road runs right behind the stand on visitors side so I'm guessing we don't park along side the road. Really looking forward to the trip.

Photo's from google maps show the visitor side to be small. But the good side is there is no track between the field and stands. May have to get there earlier than planned. NW fans where do the visitors park for this game. Looks like a road runs right behind the stand on visitors side so I'm guessing we don't park along side the road. Really looking forward to the trip.

Hey wave88, does your name infer that you were from the class of '88 or that you were #88? I remember a certain game back in '86 in the playoffs where Henry County came to Gallatin and played in the mud. You guys beat us 29-0 that night.

But good luck to both teams for this one. I personally am rooting for the Vikings, go 10AAA! The visitors side is somewhat small, but the place has plenty of parking. It will be a fun trip to Clarksville! Come on Northwest, represent well!!!

As of right now, you will enter off of Lafayette Rd. (right in front of school) Parking will be in between school and football field, several large lots. Don't park along street behind visitor's stands. Towing zone. But, maybe something else will be done for the playoff game??? As of now, only one main entrance for the tickets right behind home stands. If I hear anything else, I'll post on here later in the week. Looking forward to a big Green and Gold matchup, as both teams sport those colors. Have a safe trip coming in.

Go Vikings! Your fans are so proud of ya...

With all due respect to the folks at NW, Gallatin folks should get there early and sit as high in the stands as you can. It is a small set of bleachers that sit on a hill sloping away from the field. If you are down low, you will have a tough time seeing over the players on the sidelines. Although there is no track, there is plenty of room for one between the bleachers and the stands. Not trying to bash, but it is one of my least favorite places to watch a game. Oh yeah, the PA guy must have been a cheerleader in college. He makes Hendersonville's guy sound soft spoken e.g., "Come on Viking fans, it's a big third down and we need a stop!!!!" Just a little annoying to hear the PA guy leading cheers. As I recall, there is plenty of parking but getting out is a nightmare. When we were there for a regular season game in week 1 there was only one exit to leave the parking lot. We parked up close to the entrance to the gym near a gate that we assumed would be open after the game, but it was locked. So we sat for about 20 minutes in a single line of traffic getting out. I'm sure there will be more people at this game, so maybe they will open more gates. The NW fans were very nice and the concession stand food was excellent as I recall.