Polk Screwed!!!!!

jdw2920

I would want to play them early in the playoffs if I were Polk, to win it all you have to beat the best anyway. Don't count Polk out just yet, Davis understands that a long drive eats clock and keeps you in ballgames to the 4th Quarter. They will have to have alot of things fall into place but nobody is unbeatable. Could be the best game in the playoffs in all classifications. Good Luck to All the young men and may God keep you all Safe.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you go from being a projected 1 Seed to being a 2 and being in Alcoa's bracket. Further more you have two 8-2 teams as one yet they are another 10-0 thats a 2 this is crazy.

The TSSAA talks all the time about "Just doing the right thing". The two 10-0 teams in the East are in the same QUAD......Polk did get the short end of the lack of common sense being applied to playoff bracketing. It would have been easy to put Alcoa in Quad 1 and Polk in Quad 2. Polk has a shot but will have to beat Loudon in the second round. I like their chances. You will get a look at the F5 in the quarters. Great Season for the Wildcats! Good Luck!

They did the right thing. Moving one team to avoid a match-up would be the wrong thing to do. No one is going to side with you on this outside of Polk Co. The map doesn't lie.

How do you go from being a projected 1 Seed to being a 2 and being in Alcoa's bracket. Further more you have two 8-2 teams as one yet they are another 10-0 thats a 2 this is crazy.

The TSSAA talks all the time about "Just doing the right thing". The two 10-0 teams in the East are in the same QUAD......Polk did get the short end of the lack of common sense being applied to playoff bracketing. It would have been easy to put Alcoa in Quad 1 and Polk in Quad 2. Polk has a shot but will have to beat Loudon in the second round. I like their chances. You will get a look at the F5 in the quarters. Great Season for the Wildcats! Good Luck!

They did the right thing. Moving one team to avoid a match-up would be the wrong thing to do. No one is going to side with you on this outside of Polk Co. The map doesn't lie.

Yes, mathematically, they did the right thing.

In real life, no they didn't do the right thing.

They should have split up those two districts and had them face District 7 and District 8 respectively. Anyone out of districts 4 and 5 now have the roughest roads to the playoffs and everyone else in the state benefits from it.

In real life they did the right thing. Take your rose colored glasses off. How fair would it be to show special treatment to one school and leave all the other 31 out in the cold. Just because you don't like the system doesn't make it unfair. They could not justify moving Alcoa or Polk to Quad 1. You can not justify moving them.

You can overcome anything if you don't bellyache.

In real life they did the right thing. Take your rose colored glasses off. How fair would it be to show special treatment to one school and leave all the other 31 out in the cold. Just because you don't like the system doesn't make it unfair. They could not justify moving Alcoa or Polk to Quad 1. You can not justify moving them.

Bellyaching huh?

Gerry I appreciate everything you've done as far as brackets and such but this mathematically correct bracket really hinders any team hoping to win out of Quad 2.

Don't think for a second that Alcoa would rather play CAK for a second time and then possibly face Polk before playing greater competition on the semifinal level. In a perfect storm situation, they will face a should be 1 seed in the quarterfinals then face back to back 1 seeds only after playing their 1 loss rival for the second time in 2 weeks.

In real life they did the right thing. Take your rose colored glasses off.

Don't think for a second that Alcoa would rather play CAK for a second time and then possibly face Polk before playing greater competition on the semifinal level . In a perfect storm situation, they will face a should be 1 seed in the quarterfinals then face back to back 1 seeds only after playing their 1 loss rival for the second time in 2 weeks.

I'm guessing Alcoa players and fans don't really care who's in their bracket. I believe they generally have to beat CAK twice each year to get to the championship game. Polk does have a good team; if you were in the West you'd likely be in line for a silver ball. But you're not, so win a couple of playoff games, go to Alcoa and take your loss, try to enjoy the experience and realize you were eliminated by the best. Alcoa is, and apparently will continue to be, the real measuring stick to see just how good a football team you really are. Every year its the same thing, who gave Alcoa the best game on their way to another gold ball. I'm surprised APB and friends haven't already rained all over this thread.