Springfield- Henry Co... Same District

Impartial

Watching the jackets this season I was truly happy to see us spread the ball. Coach Myers creates a fun atmosphere for the players on the field. Our jackets will make noise in the next few years, but if they can play the way they have the past few weeks we may see a surprise. Anything can happen with this offense. Advice to anyone going Friday night, wait until half time to go to the concession stand or bathroom. Both these teams seem to score fast at any moment in a game. We are excited to have another opportunity in Springfield to play the patriots. Heard that Hank Jr. may give out the game ball. Any truth to this rumor!

I live in Henry County and I have NOT heard that rumor. That happened a few years ago but I doubt that it will occur again.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Skyler doing? Heard it was the worst break every seen by some coaches! What a shame to lose such a great young man to a freak accident on the field.

Think this game may be closer than many think. This time it will be dry field, both teams have dry conditions to practice, both spread the ball, and both know each other very well. Athlete on athlete, but remember anything can happen in the playoffs.

I was at the last game and I don't remember that it was wet. Are you saying that Springfield has a better chance on a dry field? Are you saying that Springfield is better than we all think and Henry County is worse than we all think? What EXACTLY are you saying? PLEASE just say it!

Henry Co. is the number 2 ranked team in the state. They are considered for the finals. Just saying on a dry night with a dry week anything can happen. Both teams have a very good passing game and as anyone knows, when you throw the ball 20-30 times a game anything can happen. Both teams have speed, size, and a wide open offenses. This game comes down to who can win the second half. Plus on these nights in the playoffs strange things happen. Just thinking the game will be closer than the previous meeting.

pass the ball 20-30 times, you must be talking about springfield, HC has only passed like 4 times in the last two games, anything can happen in this game especially if a blocked punt is recovered by the punting team and given the ball back. what a bad call in the first game, DIdnt Springfield rush for negative yardage in the last meeting, they better be able to throw the ball, Springfield is a talented team but I keeep hearing how they have been so good down the stretch, heck they lost two of their last three thanks to west creek. I am just telling everyone that Henry County has palyed better in their last two games than they have all year, so dont forgewt that they have improved maybe more than Springfield.

HC averaging 30 points a game and giving up 11

Springfield averaging 22 points a game and giving up 25, does not look good for the jackets.

We just want to see the Jackets play well. Win or Lose you boys have brought back excitement in our community. We are the 12th man Friday night! Lets get everyone to drive to Paris for this game. Show that Springfield backs these boys. Can anyone give directions from Springfield to Henry County's football field?

Hey...there's a thought! Don't just show Springfield...show Henry Co. You certainly didn't show them much last time as far as attendance is concerned. Are you just "fair weather" fans? Do you only go to game where you think you can win? Is Paris in another time zone? Are Yellowjacket fans afraid of crossing bridges? I am confused...where were ALL the Yellowjackets a few weeks ago????

We just want to see the Jackets play well. Win or Lose you boys have brought back excitement in our community. We are the 12th man Friday night! Lets get everyone to drive to Paris for this game. Show that Springfield backs these boys. Can anyone give directions from Springfield to Henry County's football field?[/quote]

Here is a link for directions: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Springf ... t&2z=38242