Maryville vs. McMinn County - 2nd Round

Red Rebels

Mcminn will be better prepared and healthier this time than they were before. Be hard to come in and beat Maryville but if things go thier direction and Tev has another good game it oculd be interesting late. :roflolk:

Who can we expect to be healthier? Macmen was a long time ago, I hardly remember specific players (no disrespect).

No disrespect taken.. we had three offensive linemen and two defensive lineman that did not play for various reasons. Also Drew Massingale who scored the winning touchdown to beat Ooltewah was injured against Maryville in the first half.... Maryville has most polished team and coaching staff in this state and no doubt they will be prepared. Mcminn has not lost since Maryville beat them and they have A LOT of confidence in that program right now. Im not sure about predicting an upset this early in the week but definitely should be a competitive game. I was one of the many Mcminn fans that criticized Bo for blatantly calling Quarles to schedule this game(first coach to do this in 5 YEARS!!! :roflol: ) but it actually turned out to be good coaching. There is not better environment to prepare kids for than Maryville stadium on a friday night. After playing the most dominant program in the state at home this team gained experience and that should help them the second time around. This should be as interesting a game as I have seen all year. Cant wait for the drive to Blount CO friday... GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcminn will be better prepared and healthier this time than they were before. Be hard to come in and beat Maryville but if things go thier direction and Tev has another good game it oculd be interesting late. :thumb:

Who can we expect to be healthier? Macmen was a long time ago, I hardly remember specific players (no disrespect).

No disrespect taken.. we had three offensive linemen and two defensive lineman that did not play for various reasons. Also Drew Massingale who scored the winning touchdown to beat Ooltewah was injured against Maryville in the first half.... Maryville has most polished team and coaching staff in this state and no doubt they will be prepared. Mcminn has not lost since Maryville beat them and they have A LOT of confidence in that program right now. Im not sure about predicting an upset this early in the week but definitely should be a competitive game. I was one of the many Mcminn fans that criticized Bo for blatantly calling Quarles to schedule this game(first coach to do this in 5 YEARS!!! :thumb: ) but it actually turned out to be good coaching. There is not better environment to prepare kids for than Maryville stadium on a friday night. After playing the most dominant program in the state at home this team gained experience and that should help them the second time around. This should be as interesting a game as I have seen all year. Cant wait for the drive to Blount CO friday... GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!

You are exactly right my friend. Great call by Mcminn's coach to want to come play Maryville. Now it could reward them when it really matters. Alot of kids seem to experience a bit of culture shock when they first play at Shields Stadium. Its just the way the Rebels go about their business, never get too hyped, and go to work. But Mcminn should be able to use their experience and thrive off of the energy next weekend. No doubt about it these are two teams that are way better than the first meeting.... but I also think this game will be much more competitive. Prediction later in the week...

I agree. I know Maryville can play better than they did last night and will have to the next three weeks to reach the winter home of the Rebels!

McMinn will bring it for sure and proved Ooltewha was over-rated. I still think GQ & company has the Rebels again peaking at the right time to get the job done vs. a good team twice. MCMinn is a good team but will have to be turn-over free to win at the "Sketter".

Maryville's balance will prove tough to beat at home.

I think that this will be a great game. Maryville was still trying to find themselves on Defense last time. They had a simple plan to keep Ables contained by keeping the front four in their rushing lanes and made sure there was ample coverage downfield. The linebackers were focused on run support. This gave him tons of time to throw the ball and usually the short pass was open. This allowed them to move the ball some, but once they got into the redzone they had trouble.

I believe that Coach Gaylor can try a few things since the front seven have matured. I would expect to see Maryville throw in the blitz and stunts to get pressure on Ables from time to time. However, I still think that the focus will be on stopping the run. :lol:

I really believe that the mcminn team is a heck of a lot better....the thing is mcminn is very good up front, and done a great job against maryville the first game. They were missing 2 starters and still moved the ball down the field. They just couldnt put it in the endzone. I know that is where it matters, but this week will be alot different this team is ready and starting with a clean slate. Go TRIBE!!!!!! Prediction later this week....

Was McDermott playing receiver or running back in the first game? I don't know for sure, but I was told that he was at receiver in the first game.

Kat...He played both inn tha furst gaim...Ran a long one two set up thair TD.....MackMinn iz loaded wif a big ole line, a big ole QB, and good skilt peepull....Eye'm jest hopin' Mairvul will not git blowed out...... :?:

This game will not be a blow out...either way. Maryville can not bank on the last McMinn team they played to show up. As long as our key players show up, we will be allright. Our offense will shine with Ables, Smith, McDermott. Our defense led by Massingale, Vinroe, Jenkins, and D. Simpson. will keep us in the game!!!! GO TRIBE!!! Will any Cherokee fans be tailgating this week???